ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Amazing Build bro! Quick question, does the rear BBK now deem the E-brake useless? Because the Brembo Rear BBK makes the E-Brake not work.
Yes. Unfortunately the rear BBK disables the E-Brake.

But I don't really see a need for the E brake. I guess maybe if you live in the mountains or something... that would be something to think about? But for me, I've actually never used the E brake to begin with so it was kind of a moot issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Video for laguna Seca 3.29.21

I spent spent a majority of the day getting used to the car with its new aero. When I was finally getting into the groove of things, I spent most of my laps working my way around the traffic. Needless to say, it was a bit annoying as this was already in the advanced group. I am NOT trying to boast and say I am the fastest driver around but I honestly felt like many of the drivers in this group did not belong. Dive bombing, pointing me by and then drag racing me, and poor track awareness were just some of the many flaws I witnessed.

This video is actually my last session of the day when some of the other drivers had left.

Best time of the day was a 1.40.88. I had a predictive lap of 1.38 on one of the laps but running up to the corkscrew had a S2000 basically ruin it for me.

Pardon my irascible attitude with this as I've been on the hunt for a sub 40 time at Laguna for awhile now. Thought I was finally able to achieve that with this build but it seems like other drivers had something else in mind.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
You’re at a DE bud. Take that bad boy and run TT with NASA if you’re hunting times. ?‍♂

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4/12/2021 - Thunderhill East Bypass

Finally got another chance to run Thill East bypass! The last time I ended up basically driving people around all day so no surprise that no pbs were broken. This time around we had some more modifications done, namely the aero, so I was a bit excited to see what the car could do.

Before I begin, just wanted to say good job to the people at Corsa Club for hosting this event. The event went super smooth and ran like clockwork. Would definitely run with this group again.

Anyways... For those of you who don't know I'm still very involved with the Civic Type R community. Despite no longer owning a CTR, I'm still an admin over there and many of my close friends own CTRs. So I guess I'm sort of a honorary member at this point. lol. But we had a bunch of CTRs (I think over 30++) show up to this track event so I hope that explains why you will see a bunch of civics.

Started the day off scrubbing my tires as I had new ones put in right before the event. Once the car (and me) got warmed up a bit, we cranked things up. The car felt completely different with aero. Whereas the Supra felt a bit unstable in the corners, the thing is extremely planted now. I could push aggressively in the corners and there was never a hint of the car losing it. This allowed me to push harder through the corners and carry way more speed.

Ended up with a 1.57.88 which was a 4 second improvement over my previous pb in this car. The car still had a bunch of time left in it but ambient temperatures were getting a bit high and my brakes were shot so I spent the rest of the day taking passengers again. lol.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
04/17 - 04/18/2021 - Laguna Seca - Not me driving.

Dropped the car off to Elite earlier in the week for some maintenance items and some more modifications. At this point, we're just trying to slowly dial the car in.

Due to the aero we have on there, the car has a tendency to understeer. We actually have been running the smaller "street style" end plates, tilting the wing to most neutral setting, and softened up the front sway bar just to try to inject a bit more oversteer into the equation.

My good friend, Gary, ended up taking my car to Laguna. His s2000 blew its differential and I figured it'd be helpful to have a much faster driver get some more data and dial the car in some more.

The guy ended up turning a 1.36.88 in traffic.

r7pNTk.jpg

n3wyzm.jpg

1f5ozm.jpg

nVo2aM.jpg

AhnSNJ.jpg

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
04/17 - 04/18/2021 - Laguna Seca - Not me driving.

Dropped the car off to Elite earlier in the week for some maintenance items and some more modifications. At this point, we're just trying to slowly dial the car in.

Due to the aero we have on there, the car has a tendency to understeer. We actually have been running the smaller "street style" end plates, tilting the wing to most neutral setting, and softened up the front sway bar just to try to inject a bit more oversteer into the equation.

My good friend, Gary, ended up taking my car to Laguna. His s2000 blew its differential and I figured it'd be helpful to have a much faster driver get some more data and dial the car in some more.

The guy ended up turning a 1.36.88 in traffic.
was great to see your car this weekend and as usual gary blew my mind with his times on all the cars he drove! thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
was great to see your car this weekend and as usual gary blew my mind with his times on all the cars he drove! thanks for sharing!

Haha thanks bro! Yeah Gary is a maniac.

Hopefully I'll get to come out more and hang out with you guys soon.

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Are you able to use the stock seatbelt with the pole position seats? If say a person had a 36" waist would they fit?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you able to use the stock seatbelt with the pole position seats? If say a person had a 36" waist would they fit?
Yeah. I actually mostly use the stock seatbelt. It's only on track that I use the harness.

We have the same waist size and it's a perfect fit.

cupnoodle

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW 230i
Pictures from my 4/12/21 Thunderhill East event:

z21W3w.jpg

UpMpv0.jpg

BYG4mL.jpg

KJtIJf.jpg

FRi5dW.jpg

NOhPaC.jpg

AeMzhs.jpg

B8OofO.jpg
I love the look of your car and have never modded a car before. I have been lurking and watching your supra's journey over the months and have finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2021 supra 3.0. I am curious about the costs involved in modifying a car and any of the draw backs. Can I ask for a rough estimate of how much the non-functional exterior mods cost (wrap, style mods, tinting, etc...) for the parts + installation? Also what kind of investment does it take if I were to slowly upgrade the car with performance mods like the ones you did to the suspension and such? I dont have any track experience and I am planning to use the car as a daily driver hopefully for many years and miles. What kind of steps would you have to go through to start tracking a car as a hobby? Thanks!

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love the look of your car and have never modded a car before. I have been lurking and watching your supra's journey over the months and have finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2021 supra 3.0. I am curious about the costs involved in modifying a car and any of the draw backs. Can I ask for a rough estimate of how much the non-functional exterior mods cost (wrap, style mods, tinting, etc...) for the parts + installation? Also what kind of investment does it take if I were to slowly upgrade the car with performance mods like the ones you did to the suspension and such? I dont have any track experience and I am planning to use the car as a daily driver hopefully for many years and miles. What kind of steps would you have to go through to start tracking a car as a hobby? Thanks!

Oh man that's a few topics there. I think the easiest way to answer your questions would be a bullet style response. lol.

Alright here we go:

1. Non-functional exterior mods and their affiliated costs.
a. Wrap - 2-3.5k
b. Tinting - My windows aren't tinted but expect to pay around 200-400
c. I think everything else on my car is functional. I'd post how much it's costed me so far but I don't think I can as many of the prices I have on parts were offered to me under special circumstances.

2. Investment - The car is not an investment. lol. But to start expect to pay anywhere from 40-55k for a Supra. IMO, get a 2020. They can be had for cheaper and they're tuneable. Any 2021 with a post manufacturing date of 6/2020 is not tuneable. How much mods will cost is honestly entirely up to you (based on build direction and end goals with this vehicle).

3. Tracking:
a. If you're planning on daily driving this car and this is your only car. DON'T track it. When you track it, you push the car to its limits and things will break. Imagine breaking your only car. lol. Also, parts on this car are NOT cheap to replace.
b. If you're looking to get into tracking, start with something that is cheaper and "harder to drive". I once had a music teacher tell me "play slow to learn fast". It's the same with cars. Go slow first and then get into the faster stuff. You don't need to start off with a 1000 hp VIPER GTS. You will learn a lot more by driving something that is more direct and harder to drive. Miata, S2k, FT86...etc... are a few good solid choices.
c. Join a track group (on facebook). I see that you're in California and we've got some really good facebook track groups. The guys on there and the knowledge they provide on there have been GOLD in helping me develop as a driver.
d. It's all about SEAT TIME. Take a class or do a track day and register as a beginner. And no, playing Grand Turismo doesn't make you feel fast irl. Start off with getting some seat time and see if tracking if something that you even like and go from there.

4. Drawbacks to modding - There are many but the most obvious one that comes to mind is the costs associated with modding. Another is that you sometimes will inadvertently start a "domino effect". For example. Upgrading your wheels and realizing you now need wider fenders or a aftermarket suspension to accommodate said wheels.

If you were driving this thing everyday and want to keep it long term. Do the basics (wheels, brakes, springs) and stay away from deeper modding / tracking.
Sponsored