PEEFREE's A90 Supra Build

Retrned

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0
Happy New Years guys. I've got some people asking me about what mods I have on the car so far so I figured I'd post it here. Also this list isn't final as we change things up but this is my mod list to date. Enjoy!

Engine / Performance
C&R - Supra LTR
C&R Primary Radiator
C&R auxiliary Radiators
Eventuri intake and duct
Akrapovic Exhaust
Wheels / Suspension:
SPL Front Lower Control Arms
SPL Adjustable Front Caster
SPL Rear Toe links + Eccentric Lockouts
SPL bumpsteer correction kit
SPL Rear Traction Links
SPL Rear Upper Lateral Links
SPL Front Swaybar endlinks
JRZ RS PRO Suspension 550 / 850 lbs w/ Quick Disconnect Rear
Te37 Squared 18x10.5 +35
AFE Power Front Sway Bar
FC - a90 - steel stud conversion kit - 80 mm
AP BBK 9660
TItan 7 Lug nut M14x1.5
Cusco Rear Power Brace
Cusco Front Brace
Verus Master Brake Cyclinder Brace
Exterior:
Spage x PhD Rear GT Wing
Spage x PhD Front Splitter
Spage x PhD Front Lip
Spage x PhD End Plate
Verus Dive Plant Kit - Dual Elements
Verus Anti buffeting Kit
Verus Engineering Rear Diffuser
Verus Rear Differential Cooling Plate
RaceSeng Front and Rear tow hooks
A91 Supra Stripe Kit
Evasive EVS Fenders
Avery Rock grey Wrap
Ed Wrapping Services
Verus Engine dress up kit
AutoTecknic A90 Supra Carbon Mirror Cover Set
Varis CF Hood
SUPRA STAR CF door handle covers
Goldenwrench Red Billet Gas cap cover
Interior:
F80 Macht Schell
Recaro Sliders
Recaro Pole Position
Weathertech Floor Mats
Cusco Harness Bar
Schroth Rally 4 ASM
Proclip Angled Mount Item: 855595
Magic Mount Pro XL
EastcoastSupra custom steering wheel w/ shift indicator
Autotechnic Carbon shifter paddles
Antigravity H7 / 80AH Battery
Aim Smartycam 84 degree + AIM SOLO DL 2
Supra Weathertech badges
Rexpeed passenger Side Carbon Interior badge
Weathertech Black Trunk Liner
A90 Supra Replacement Start / Stop Button - Red - IND
Did you get the Evasive EVS Fenders installed at Elite?
Sponsored

Rndustries

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 A90
I've been in enough car communities to know that there are assholes / immature folks everywhere. That's just like in society. I just pick out the good ones and associate myself with those. Simple as that.

But you're absolutely right. So much hate for this car. I love your analogy of it being a bastard child in WW2. haha (though historically wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it's like a bastard child between the japanese and the chinese? Just saying... given that Japan and Germans were both Axis).

The Type R is an amazing car. I can't reiterate that enough. But it has severe limitations and that was something of a deal breaker for me. Not to say that the Supra doesn't have limitations but I believe the potential is definitely higher. How high? Not sure.... I guess I'll find out in the coming months. ;)

I haven't had someone just walk up to me to talk shit but then again I'm not exactly the most approachable guy. That and I barely drive it on the street. haha.

Lol sadly it’s my track car and get the hate at the track. Ridiculous.

Previous track car was an FD2.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Lol sadly it’s my track car and get the hate at the track. Ridiculous.

Previous track car was an FD2.
haha. We'll see. I've been hearing about a lot of people picking up a Supra so we'll be probably be seeing more of them on track.

You're in the bay right? Hopefully we'll run into each at an event.

Sybra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RX7 Before, Supra UK pro spec.
Only disappointed the car isn't an off white colour with an arrow on the hood.. yip yip :p

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Finally have another track day lined up on 1/23. We'll be running Thill east in the bypass configuration.

The last time we were at thill, the car did a 2.04 on the cyclone configuration, which I think is ~ 2 seconds slower than the bypass. Hoping to get a 2 flat here. I know the car can do it but I've just got to muster up the balls to shave some time off.

In the meantime, the car is being prepped with the following:

- C&R Heat exchanger
- C&R Radiator
- EVS Fenders
- Akrapovic Exhaust
- Varis CF Hood
- AAConcept's Trunk lip
- RExpeed a pillar covers

On the suspension side of things. We'll be raising the rear height a good amount as we were scraping everywhere. This was also done to get the car to rotate a little bit more as it still has a slight tendency to understeer. We also stiffened the front springs. Moving from a 550 lb spring to a 650 lb one.

Aside from that, the next items we're still waiting on would be the aero. Once the aero comes in, we'll probably throw that on and then stiffen the rear springs a good amount and then really start to dial the car in.

Pictures from today 1/21/2021 (sorry if the car is a bit dirty. It's been super neglected as I've been busy with work. That and I'm lazy.)

AAConcepts Trunk Lip:
W7nOAP.jpg

NRgfTB.jpg

O8uI5h.jpg

RMW6XK.jpg

A pillar covers. I know these things don't do anything but I think they look cool (and it's my car so GTFO if you dont like it. hahaha)

gbCG2a.jpg

DKVqQ2.jpg

Also, it's a super subtle change but I switched my bottom canard from the Verus one to the Varis one. It's slightly larger and I felt like it followed the lines a bit better. Well... I mean right now it looks a bit awkward but just wait till the lip / splitter comes in!

AsY3Cw.jpg

Managed to snag a authentic Varis hood up from a local supra owner (thanks Tom!).
Thing was wrapped in some Aston Martin green color which honestly is beautiful BUT .... it's gotta come off. lol.

MhbgtJ.jpg

Spent an hour or two pulling the wrap off. Did it without a heat gun cause I figured I was strong enough to. Mistake. My fingers are still hurting. lol. On the plus side, it was kind of neat taking the wrap off to unveil the carbon underneath. Reminds me of being a kid opening presents on Christmas.

uRM6Hq.jpg

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We also managed to prep my good friend's Supra for this weekend.

Guy is already ultra fast and can run circles around me but yeah sure why not. Why not take it up a couple of notches?

Full APR aero package a long with Titan 7's custom Supra spec wheels.

5g3w9t.jpg

UKIuu4.jpg

prpvJm.jpg

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd like to say thanks again to all the peeps at Elite for getting my car ready. Gary stayed at the shop well into the night so that I could pick my car up today (1/22/2021). The car looks a bit like a panda right now with all it's off colored panels and what not but a simple wrap will fix that. No biggie.

QD94IO.jpg

dGIuHW.jpg

7EKKYd.jpg

SvlX1o.jpg

fIxKlD.jpg

Got my hood and M type mirror covers on. Fitment wasn't bad on either product.

Also got my akrapovic exhaust installed. TBH, it sounds almost the same as stock.... but that's what I wanted. Zero drone, minimal noise but much lighter. The extra hp is also a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Man you've done so much to the car already. It was cool seeing it at Elite on Wednesday. I dont think my Supra will ever get to this point as its more of my daily, but its cool seeing local builds like this. The wrap is also awesome.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
how was the fitment and install of the AAConcepts Trunk Lip?
Actually really really good. If you're interested in one, i might be selling mine off once my aero comes in. Probably in about 2 weeks or so.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got back from the track so I'm a bit tired. I didn't get to set a pb today. Car ran great but there was just too much traffic. I'll try to see if i can upload some videos on here later. Stay tuned guys!

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So just wanted to recap a bit of how our track day at Thunderhill this past saturday went. Unfortunately, I ended up with no footage because I found out my smartycam SD card was full... so that's that. Good news is that the event host provides free pictures so I'll be posting those later.

My track day on Saturday was a bit frustrating. We ran with Turn 8 events and was signed up in both the advanced and high intermediate group (I usually sign up for two groups so that I can get more track time to make the trip worth it). There was a decent amount of traffic in both my running groups so it basically ruined any chances we had of setting a pb. I had a feeling that people who were not supposed to be in those groups signed up anyways because their group was full and they really wanted to track.

On top of that people kept asking to sit in my car. While I don't mind driving friends around, these same friends started to tell me to drive THEIR friends around and that's what really got annoying. I don't even know these people and I honestly DGAF if you drove out here to not sit on the sideline. Especially when said individual doesn't listen to the track rules. At some point this person was LIVE IG'ing our session like they were some influencer. I HATE influencers. Nonetheless, so as not to be rude, I obliged and spent a majority of my track day basically acting like a ring taxi.

Due to the circumstances I was never really able to push the car. No pb's were broken. But from what I can tell the car is really neutral. I think it would stand to benefit from some aero as the car does feel a bit twitchy at times. Specifically during high speed corners. Aside from that, the car runs beautifully.

Regardless, I'd like to say thanks again to the guys at Elite Performance for setting the car up. Gary and his team really did a number on this thing and it shows.

I'd also like to say thanks to the host at Turn 8. While the traffic wasn't ideal, the whole track day was like clockwork. They have a great team and though they're a new host, if this is only the beginning, I'm excited to see how things are once they've gotten some more events under their belt.

Pics:

RZN3kO.jpg

x9eYEE.jpg

VCnOHR.jpg

iRuJW5.jpg

JhdlnT.jpg

alCVpQ.jpg

57UKpB.jpg

uoLf9L.jpg

2og1Rh.jpg

wBaf8s.jpg

Uo7TNi.jpg

WifnFb.jpg

fpqjuu.jpg

4oYDM9.jpg

YSvSvw.jpg

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
High traffic is one of the few reasons its hard for me to justify the cost of a track day. Like you pay 200ish or more just to go and not even be able to push the car as hard as you wanted to. And you wont even get a refund for it.

That being said i am going on the free NASA day from Toyota and i hope theres little traffic. Luckily its free so i'm not too worried.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
High traffic is one of the few reasons its hard for me to justify the cost of a track day. Like you pay 200ish or more just to go and not even be able to push the car as hard as you wanted to. And you wont even get a refund for it.

That being said i am going on the free NASA day from Toyota and i hope theres little traffic. Luckily its free so i'm not too worried.
Traffic isn't usually this bad and I think a lot it has to do with who's hosting. Turn8 is still fairly new to the game so it's unfair to assume that all track days are loaded with traffic just bc this particular host.

It's great that you've got a free day with Toyota but my recommendation is that if you can, to come out as often as you can. This car needs to be driven on track. haha.
Sponsored