KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
The buy backs I'm seeing at the auctions have electrical and mechanical issues.
That's funny my car is most likely being bought back for the same reason. Its been in service for a tot of 30 days for the same issue. Ontop of that i have this paint problem.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
That's funny my car is most likely being bought back for the same reason. Its been in service for a tot of 30 days for the same issue. Ontop of that i have this paint problem.
If they do take it back are you planning on getting another or going with something else?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah same problem mine had. Also found the same spots on a 2021 red one at the dealer.
My car is being bought back for other reasons due to mechanical/electrical reasons but the paint for me was the icing on the cake that made me say i was done with this car. Honestly if you really love the car and having no other issues having them repaint it might be better then there oem paint. Seems like all the red ones are having these issues or most of them. Maybe request repaint and have a really good shop paint it and have extra clear coats applied if thats a thing or request a different color car maybe a 2021 different color.
I can tell you it doesnt matter if you get a 2021 red one it will still have the same spots.

Earl19

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Toyota Supra GR
I noticed the same spots and contacted Toyota Corp. I received a case number. Toyota informed me to take it to a dealer. Today the car was inspected the dealer confirmed it does have paint issues/defects. The dealership said I can take my car home. I was told by them that a field rep will reach out to me soon for a second inspection and will go over what my options or repairs would be. I donā€™t feel comfortable having my car resprayed by a auto body shop as nothing compares to an oem factory paint job. Iā€™m a bit confused about the process itā€™s my first time going through something like this. Iā€™m curious as to how long this all takes and what my options really are. I uploaded some pictures. The green tape is what the service advisor and I briefly spotted. Its all over the car. I could have kept going but they said that was good enough. It was on every single panel.
Was the paint issue been fixed by the dealership? And what did the Toyota corporation say about the issue?
I noticed the same spots and contacted Toyota Corp. I received a case number. Toyota informed me to take it to a dealer. Today the car was inspected the dealer confirmed it does have paint issues/defects. The dealership said I can take my car home. I was told by them that a field rep will reach out to me soon for a second inspection and will go over what my options or repairs would be. I donā€™t feel comfortable having my car resprayed by a auto body shop as nothing compares to an oem factory paint job. Iā€™m a bit confused about the process itā€™s my first time going through something like this. Iā€™m curious as to how long this all takes and what my options really are. I uploaded some pictures. The green tape is what the service advisor and I briefly spotted. Its all over the car. I could have kept going but they said that was good enough. It was on every single panel.
Was the paint issue been fixed by the dealership?. And May I know what did the Toyota corporation say about the issue?. I got an A91 Supra and I think I have the same issue.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I would really like to know what happen also? @Earl19 is yours a red one also?

Last edited:

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Just to dispel any notion that all red Supras might have paint issues, I want to indicate mine doesn't. The paint on my 2020 Premium (6/19 build) is flawless all throughout.

My car doesn't suffer of any other exterior, interior, electrical, or mechanical issues that have been reported in the forums.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'll have to look mine over, besides some stubborn water spots I planned on getting taken care of once I get mine detailed, my red paint doesn't have any defects at first glance.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Whats weird is that its hard to spot unless your in the right Circumstances. For me it was a freshly clean surface then in the Brite sun i would block the sun and in the shade it would show. Same with the other brand new one i saw at the dealer. Whats really weird was if the car was in the shade say I couldn't see it under certain shaddy areas. It seems to only happen to some Renaissance red cars. I haven't heard of any other color showing this on the supras.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
So i have an A91 and dont have these paint issues, however i see these same spots on the gloss black on my driver side side mirror, and theres a spot like this on m y back windshield. I'm curious if just theres an issue with how they spray the clear coat.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think its that its hard to maintain. I believe some of these red cars have paint defects from factory.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah that doesnt say anything about what im seeing on mine or the one at the dealer. But to be honest saleman and dealers are crooks. I showed the people at the dealer that there supra had alot of those spots mine had and they didnt care. They just put it on the showroom floor. I just hope the person who trys to buy it really checks it out before buying.
It's funny that they don't care when selling but when they buy a car from you they care

Chad.A91

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 premium
What ended up happening? I just bought my 2022 and itā€™s riddled with these marks all over. Taking it tothe dealership today

70C6088C-3F8F-4940-A606-1FCF393A7C79.jpeg

5459029E-B9BE-4BD4-8B50-15AA8E0A28D8.jpeg

0E776036-B603-4DF0-B574-98CC74EB8A54.jpeg

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
What ended up happening? I just bought my 2022 and itā€™s riddled with these marks all over. Taking it tothe dealership today

70C6088C-3F8F-4940-A606-1FCF393A7C79.jpeg

5459029E-B9BE-4BD4-8B50-15AA8E0A28D8.jpeg

0E776036-B603-4DF0-B574-98CC74EB8A54.jpeg
Toyota ended up buying my car back because it had other issues also.
Sponsored