PPF Brands

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Does anyone have any past experience with the various PPF brands? I see a lot of people mention Xpel, but haven't heard much about the other brands. Any thoughts on which is best?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Xpel afaik is thicker that's why its preferred. Application can be done with jel like substance rather than water/soap mix. (Allows for a bit more play room, but doesn't evaporate like water, I'm no expert).
Suntek has really good pre-cut kit available. I've friends with other cars on 3M, they're happy as well.
They're all good. You need to find a good shop or do it yourself.

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Agree with @XtremeMaC . Most PPF products are somewhat similar, each having their own advantages. The key to any of them is a good installer. Surface prep is everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Baperrin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda RX8, 2021 Toyota Supra (ordered)
Anyone know of any good installers in Kentucky (Lexington area) or Ohio (Columbus or Cincinnati area)?

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
SunTek and XPEL are probably the most popular. There have been many revisions and improvements to the tech over the years. There are other brands that are very good as well. I would be most concerned not about the brand but rather the installer's competence. I've attempted a couple panels myself on other cars and it is not easy to do well.

Hai

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haihoangtran.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium
I personally went with XPEL. I know it has a good reputation but also went with it largely because of my installer. They provide great customer service and I know they'll cover me if something were to happen with the film. Really consider the business that you're going to be working with as you are putting a lot of trust in them.

Here's a video that I made of my XPEL install:

PalmettoPrecision

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Absolute Zero
Stek film is drastically better looking (to me) than other more popular options. It is a much smoother film with less texture, especially compared to Suntek or 3m. I was able to see examples of virtually every product out there before deciding on STEK. It is the only film that truly hides orange peel and gives a “wet sanded” look. I should have my car back Saturday and will post some intro pictures.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I only have experience in two brands;

Xpel is one of the most commonly used brands. I’ve used it a few times on various vehicles. Xpel is heat activated healing.

This time around, I went with Kavaca PPF from CeramicPro. It’s thicker and a lot more “clear” if that makes sense. It’s also instantaneous healing meaning no heat needs to be applied to the PPF to remove scratches...they fade away on their own.

Last edited:

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
Xpel PPF was applied followed with Gyeon Duraflex ontop for added protection and clarity.

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Went with premium shield, as they just launched a 72 inch wide roll to do entire hood in one piece. My installer was top notch and wrapped entire car.

Attachments

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Anyone that's had XPEL done - mind sharing costs? There are 2 dealers that are authorized in my city, trying to understand what a full wrap should cost without getting ripped off.

bsandoe

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0, 17 Macan S
Any CeramicPro users here? Do you mind sharing what areas you did and the cost? Thanks -

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I'm getting Expel done on the whole car, plus my detailer is installing new color expel on the car instead of using vinyl wrap. He was telling me it came out this year and there are different colors that can be picked up. So the whole car would be clear, while the roof and fenders are going gloss black.
Sponsored