Pricing and Negotiation 2022 Supra

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Yeah can't go by the online stuff these days, guys will even tell you MSRP all the way until you show up in person, then their cars have add-ons tacked on. Idk if my attached pic worked but Escondido has their ADM on a separate sheet so they can get you down there and window shopping
The car alarm is what many dealers are adding. Saying "It's already installed so we can't remove it" crap. Longo Toyota charges MSRP yet adds this sneaky alarm for additional profits
Sponsored

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
The car alarm is what many dealers are adding. Saying "It's already installed so we can't remove it" crap. Longo Toyota charges MSRP yet adds this sneaky alarm for additional profits
Yeah, really annoying stuff. Same deal when I was looking at buying a Civic Type R in SoCal in 2018ish

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Yeah can't go by the online stuff these days, guys will even tell you MSRP all the way until you show up in person, then their cars have add-ons tacked on. Idk if my attached pic worked but Escondido has their ADM on a separate sheet so they can get you down there and window shopping
So that’s why they say “contact dealer for price.” That sucks

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
That exact car has 5,000 miles on it.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
That's crazy that they are doing that. The alarm comes standard from BMW. At least that what they finance guy told me a year ago when I purchased my vehicle. He mentioned that they could not charge me for the alarm since it's standard from BMW.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
There is a factory alarm, then there is an added dealer alarm that is very easily wired and normally placed near the obd access ports.
The added dealer alarm is pretty gimicky, they want charge you for it, but you can refuse and refuse, and they don't activate it, though the hardware stays in place. Some dealers go through the effort of just adding it to every car cause it presumably only takes them minutes to T-tap into a few wires.

As others mentioned, it's just a BS way to make a lot of money.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Its purely for profit. Years ago I asked a cop about them. He said they don’t even pay attention to them anymore since they go off if you sneeze near them.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
There is a factory alarm, then there is an added dealer alarm that is very easily wired and normally placed near the obd access ports.
The added dealer alarm is pretty gimicky, they want charge you for it, but you can refuse and refuse, and they don't activate it, though the hardware stays in place. Some dealers go through the effort of just adding it to every car cause it presumably only takes them minutes to T-tap into a few wires.

As others mentioned, it's just a BS way to make a lot of money.
What's bad about these system, they splice into your original car wiring and can mess them up. It should be against the law to ruin a brand new car like that. It's different if you ask them to do it, but they do it without even asking the car buyers.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
You guys might be better off going out of state to buy. Fly out, pick up car and drive it back. That's what I did years ago when I used to live in Cali and saved a ton if money. I got my Supra out here in Arkansas where I live now for a very good price just a few months ago from Steve Landers Toyota. No hassle and easy. Took them a few weeks to get one. Just a suggestion that might be another option.

WhatTheFetch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I went and checked out this one that popped up in my area. Great example of dealer mark up and add ons!

Advertised price on the dealer website and Cargurus - $57,980

2022 3.0 Premium

This is what you find on the windshield when you get to the dealer!
at least it includes - Credit monitoring "foe" 12 months.. :lol:

tempImagevxOLm4.png

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I went and checked out this one that popped up in my area. Great example of dealer mark up and add ons!

Advertised price on the dealer website and Cargurus - $57,980

2022 3.0 Premium

This is what you find on the windshield when you get to the dealer!
at least it includes - Credit monitoring "foe" 12 months.. :lol:

tempImagevxOLm4.png
LOL THEFT PATROL - yes they are. WTF. Its a car for god sakes not a life saving cancer treatment. FK THEM!

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
Elmore Toyota just quoted 92k out the door. I about feel of my couch.
I was just at Elmore Toyota, they set up an appointment for me to come in for a test drive. When I arrived they told me if I didn't have 83k on me they wouldn't let me test drive it. What a bunch of clowns. Was this the white supra with the scuffs already on it?
Sponsored