Pricing and Negotiation 2022 Supra

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I paid MSRP on one in South Carolina, but my experience with the dealer hasn’t been a pleasant one.

There was a ‘21 closer to me in Lugoff, SC that the dealer advertised and said was at MSRP only for me to drive an hour to go look at and realize it had 13k in “extras” installed.
How did that happen?
Sponsored

87gpe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Bronco, Tahoe
How did that happen?
They didn’t advertise any of the things they had done to the car (new wheels and tires, exhaust, tint, cai, springs, etc)

I told them to find me one without the extras - they showed me one nearby but wouldn’t commit to any pricing and never followed up with me. I reached out to the dealer who had the same car they showed me and bought it directly from them.

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Man how did you do that lol I’m trying to get one at MSRP at the moment. Any tips on negotiating from your experience?
I do think it was mainly motivated by needing to sell more cars to meet their September quotas, and this dealer was really in the middle of nowhere. I actually did get another dealer before them to give me a decent price, I went to the second dealer with that number and saw if they could beat it and they did.

One other tip, search inventory on each dealer's toyota website. Don't rely on finding listings on something like autotrader, because not all cars are advertised like that. I found 3-4 cars in my area that were only listed on the dealer's website.

Anyway, if you plan on getting two dealers to compete, get an offer in writing because the other dealer will likely ask for it.

bryanerivera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking for 2022 Supra
I do think it was mainly motivated by needing to sell more cars to meet their September quotas, and this dealer was really in the middle of nowhere. I actually did get another dealer before them to give me a decent price, I went to the second dealer with that number and saw if they could beat it and they did.

One other tip, search inventory on each dealer's toyota website. Don't rely on finding listings on something like autotrader, because not all cars are advertised like that. I found 3-4 cars in my area that were only listed on the dealer's website.

Anyway, if you plan on getting two dealers to compete, get an offer in writing because the other dealer will likely ask for it.
Smart Tip, i just wanted to add that I've been doing this to find the color option I want!

This is because often times, these websites aren't reporting the accurate color combination but if you search through the dealer website, you can find out the exact color that's coming in.

Unfortunately, most dealers are wanting at least 5k over sticker (AZ, CA) but hoping someone is willing to negotiate for MSRP (No additional add-ons, warranty) . I keep telling them, I'm only a flight away. haha so hopefully I can join you guys soon!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
That's not true at all. The base 2021 has Brembos, they just aren't painted.

Edit - here's the chart from the specs right on Toyota's homepage - CLEARLY shows Brembo brakes on the 3.0 base.

1632924835736.png
Huh!...never realized. I stand corrected.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Man how did you do that lol I’m trying to get one at MSRP at the moment. Any tips on negotiating from your experience?
Simple via phone, text or email - tell them you are ready to buy, all set, MSRP no extra's. If they send a buyers order stating what you want then investigate in person. Be prepared to sign and drive or walk. Its not that difficult. I have an almost pre-made set up to send if I find a new car I like and one for used. I minimize the time WASTED on dealers. I never call and they never get my real phone #.

Look far and wide in this market as well. Travel can pay off.

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Smart Tip, i just wanted to add that I've been doing this to find the color option I want!

This is because often times, these websites aren't reporting the accurate color combination but if you search through the dealer website, you can find out the exact color that's coming in.

Unfortunately, most dealers are wanting at least 5k over sticker (AZ, CA) but hoping someone is willing to negotiate for MSRP (No additional add-ons, warranty) . I keep telling them, I'm only a flight away. haha so hopefully I can join you guys soon!
I mean, for a good enough price, just arrange your own shipping.

JTurbz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I paid MSRP on one in South Carolina, but my experience with the dealer hasn’t been a pleasant one.

There was a ‘21 closer to me in Lugoff, SC that the dealer advertised and said was at MSRP only for me to drive an hour to go look at and realize it had 13k in “extras” installed.
I had 2 dealerships offering me 2021 3.0 Premiums for $3k under MSRP in Columbia, SC back in June when I was looking for one. My local (Charleston, SC) dealership was charging $3k OVER sticker for their turbulence gray 3.0 premium because of a "market adjustment." Additionally, they were charging another $1000 for "tinted windows," and a "hand-painted pinstripe," neither of which the car had, for a grand total of about $62k OTD. After going back and forth with them for a week, they wouldn't budge. I ended up showing them the email offers from the other dealers, and they agreed to $56k OTD after taxes, dealer fees, etc...

jmulk

First Name
Jimothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
I found a 2022 for $3k off MSRP with no added extras or crazy fees. Anyone finding better deals than that?

PhantomCypher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra A91-CF Edition
It's sold, it was in New England. The car had front license plate holes drilled into the bumper though.
I was going to reply to you when you posted that and say jump on it! The 40% production cuts aren't going to improve pricing.
Sponsored