PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
As long as I'm not required to use their intake Id be in on this. Want to retain my HKS set up.
Sponsored

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I like wrenching on cars too. I do what I can, but living in a city with no garage makes some projects a little tricky.
This exactly. It kills my soul know I don't really have a comfortable place to get this kinda thing done. I was on cloud 9 when I did my intake, charge pipe, heat shield, strut tower bar, and cute little reservoir covers because I could eeeeasily do it parked in my apartment parking space ?

Did all of that in like an hour and a half and then was like... Damnit... It's over? ?

?

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
At this price point, can we really have high expectations?
We will have to wait and see. Not everything with a lower price point is junk or over rated.

I'm hoping it's a good kit to put pressure on other companies to be competitive with pricing.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Seems just about perfect to me... I wouldn't want to do more than 500/550 anyway (91 Cali crap gas here). Would be nice to upgrade once and still have plenty of "room to grow" down the road however.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
This kit is also perfect for those that capitalized off their stock turbos and need to drop one in for when they sell and utilizing the tune they paid for. I'm certain in the private market the buyer would pay a couple grand extra for a car with more power.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Interesting, I just shot them a message asking about the 6 port. I was going to order a pure 850 pretty soon so im just gonna wait for this and see how it ends up working for the 2 port guys. I prefer the OEM location because I need the ability to run a catted pipe for a few days to pass emissions.

Taking the turbo off on this car is like less then an hour. If a shop as done it multiple times probably even less. The labor bill for this minus tuning is probably going to be negliable compared to the cost of the kit.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Interesting, I just shot them a message asking about the 6 port. I was going to order a pure 850 pretty soon so im just gonna wait for this and see how it ends up working for the 2 port guys. I prefer the OEM location because I need the ability to run a catted pipe for a few days to pass emissions.

Taking the turbo off on this car is like less then an hour. If a shop as done it multiple times probably even less. The labor bill for this minus tuning is probably going to be negliable compared to the cost of the kit.
Was the goal with the Pure850 to drag or dyno queen?

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Was the goal with the Pure850 to drag or dyno queen?
I largely just want a turbo that doesnt fall on its face mid way through the revs. I plan on doing several track days a year and some drag events as well. Nothing competitive. I raced motorcycles for a few years and got hurt one too many times and had to give that up. Im used to SuperSport class legal bikes and want something similar out of my fun car.

Im not currently set on 850 vs 800 or any specific setup at the moment as anything that I pick will be biased to one purpose or another. The only thing I need is a stock location turbo.

OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I largely just want a turbo that doesnt fall on its face mid way through the revs. I plan on doing several track days a year and some drag events as well. Nothing competitive. I raced motorcycles for a few years and got hurt one too many times and had to give that up. Im used to SuperSport class legal bikes and want something similar out of my fun car.

Im not currently set on 850 vs 800 or any specific setup at the moment as anything that I pick will be biased to one purpose or another. The only thing I need is a stock location turbo.
That mid-range dip is a result of a too-small turbo with a congested A/R. That includes both stock and Pure. So this sounds like a good solution for you with stock downpipe compatibility & the appropriate flow across the RPM band.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
That mid-range dip is a result of a too-small turbo with a congested A/R. That includes both stock and Pure. So this sounds like a good solution for you with stock downpipe compatibility & the appropriate flow across the RPM band.
Some nitrous can balance out that power band as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ;)

OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Yeah, but then you gotta worry about bottles and solenoids.

1643053154535.png

Reactions: zrk

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Yep exactly. The Pures seem a little better then stock at least from the dynos ive seen but this is a totally optimized housing. I just spoke to Alex on the phone and hes explained pretty much everything about the turbos to me as well as the differences with the 6 port. Ill be waiting for these to release, if the 2 ports go well ill be ordering a 6 port for sure.

haha, gonna avoid the nitrous for now. I will be spraying water/meth though.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7

850 6 port doesn't fall on its face midway through the revs, but it will take it a bit longer to get up and go. Very curious to see how this one does on spooling, may be worth a swap later.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
I wonder if there will be a group buy or any sort of “package” that includes tuning (maybe from @MarinTuned since I saw that he got a shoutout from Remnant for helping on getting the kit to this point).
Sponsored