Pure800 93oct OR E50 Tune

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Are you going with port injection to run the e50 on the pure? I noticed you work with Payn Performance on your tune. Not sure if you're near Colorado.

I live in a high elevation area out in New Mexico. I am interested in going pure700 + e50. I fear I'd run out of fuel without port injection though on the pure at elevation.
Elevation if anything gives you more fuel system since the turbo runs out of air faster than at a higher air presure. The Pure 700 has enough air flow to max out the oem fuel system on pump fuel alone. But some people do tune them with E25-30 just to get a bit more octane and run very low boost levels with higher timing.
Sponsored

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I run E50 with just a downpipe and tune and its plenty of power for most people and beating the cars you listed.

Look up my channel on Youtube, Babayaga Racing

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I run E50 with just a downpipe and tune and its plenty of power for most people and beating the cars you listed.

oh yea I always watch your videos as soon as you upload (subscriber).
After watching your video where e50 supra beat the gt3rs, I kinda leaned more towards getting e50 even though e50 isn't readily available in my area. So I'm thinking getting flex kit and tune for e50.

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
oh yea I always watch your videos as soon as you upload (subscriber).
After watching your video where e50 supra beat the gt3rs, I kinda leaned more towards getting e50 even though e50 isn't readily available in my area. So I'm thinking getting flex kit and tune for e50.
Ethanol is 100% worth it!

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Why aren't more people wanting full e85 setups? The gains are that much again better going from partial to full ethanol.. not to mention its a pain filing up/ getting the ratio correct at the pump.
Because the gain of E85 over E40-60 is very minimal. And the cost is significant. If you go port injection due to using a simple controller it is not a convenient method to be able to run flex fuel. The system wil cost you $1500-2000 and pick up 20-50ftlb of torque, 0-20HP. (Mostly only helping during warmer charge temps due to cooling effects of port injection in the intake stream).

This doesn't include the cost of paying a tuner to tune a second computer... It is easier to add meth system in and run full E85 this way.

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Because the gain of E85 over E40-60 is very minimal. And the cost is significant. If you go port injection due to using a simple controller it is not a convenient method to be able to run flex fuel. The system wil cost you $1500-2000 and pick up 20-50ftlb of torque, 0-20HP. (Mostly only helping during warmer charge temps due to cooling effects of port injection in the intake stream).

This doesn't include the cost of paying a tuner to tune a second computer... It is easier to add meth system in and run full E85 this way.
so for e50 tune, do I need port injection as well? Or can I just get a flex fuel kit + Chargepipe+e56 tune?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
so for e50 tune, do I need port injection as well? Or can I just get a flex fuel kit + Chargepipe+e56 tune?
Need PI? No, not if your goal is achievable without it.but PI is better than chargepipe meth. But as long as you dont lean on it, you should be fine.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium

I'm not saying you're wrong but from what I've seen people are low 600whp running low-e, pure800 and meth. Titan is running e98 with a similar setup to mine and they're north of 750whp without nitros. Even if you account for different dynos, the gains look a bit bigger then what you're suggesting.

Frosty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F150, 1993 Ford Mustang GT

Welcome! I'm a subscriber as well and always looking forward for Supra content. Thanks!

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
I've been considering running E50 but there's no Ethanol here in NJ. I'm thinking of ordering E85 and blending it with 93. Let's say I have an E50 tune: If it's ends up being like E48 (or something close but not exactly 50), will I be alright to run the tune?

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Remember... not all dynos read the same. Just because you made 447HP does not mean that it would make 447 on a dyno that made 500. The stock turbo maxes out on pump gas. The ethanol allows for more aggressive timing which is worth 50-100HP. As well as the ethanol tunes dont get as much shift knock under heavy load, and dont lose power as fast as the pump gas tunes.
Is that 50-100 crank HP or WHP?

Also, can you run e50 on a Pure800 or do you need port Injection or a meth kit to provide the additional fuel?
Sponsored