Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
I had a 2021 that I tracked. I'm a diehard stick shift guy, though; I got bored of the auto and bought a C7Z M7 to track and eventually sold the Supra. I still love the hell out of the C7Z but I just sold my C8 so I'm looking for another stick car stablemate. There's nothing else in this price range that has my interest but I haven't seen much feedback on them on track, so curious what owners have to say.

Yeah? Tell me more. 👂
Manual has a better diff then Auto thats about all i was able to feel, i dont know what they did if it was just tuning to the programming or something else but i could feel the difference.
Would you go quicker in the auto? Im not sure really as my local track is all 3rd and 4th gear with a touch of 5th so still my fastest time around it was in my manual.
My car is not tuned but has had all suspension changed (except diff bushes) and run nangkang CRS it is turely an amazing car that is very fast with stock power.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Manual has a better diff then Auto thats about all i was able to feel, i dont know what they did if it was just tuning to the programming or something else but i could feel the difference.
Only difference is the shorter final drive AFAIK. Diff operates the same. MT is 3.460 and AT is 3.150. This accounts for two less gears in the manual and longer gearing.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
@i3igpete shared nice compilation in other thread so im reposting this here, since i didnt see it before, maybe some1 will benefit.
Looking at this, Verus V1X seem to perform even better than Spage wing? Also, UCW seem doing pretty well, 9LR being very cost effective

obraz_2024-05-24_175249051.png
Has anyone ever tested the stock 45th anniversary wing to see what it produces?

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
Only difference is the shorter final drive AFAIK. Diff operates the same. MT is 3.460 and AT is 3.150. This accounts for two less gears in the manual and longer gearing.
I think traction control has been updated and diff programming as well (marketed haipin+ mode I think)

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
Does the forum have an established term for a group so Supras? A swarm of Supras? A super of Supras? A swell of Supras? I think I counted 7 at Summit Point Jefferson this weekend. My first time there in the Supra, beat my PB in my WRX by 8 seconds. Though I'm still light years behind @Rocksandblues :)

20240601_081614.jpg

My first event with WDCR SCCA this year, was delighted to see we made the shirt!

20240601_075403.jpg

Vegas17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra AT
Did my first HPDE at Spring Mountain Motor Resort. Pretty overwhelming track at first, definitely had to build up confidence in some sections. 2021 bone stock, car was solid for the first few sessions but temps outside got around 100 degrees. Last session intake temps were getting up around 165, could tell the car was pulling some timing and brakes were done at the end.

Don't be a dumbass like me and forget to turn off the AC....super comfy ride to grid though. So much goes through your head it was hard to take a second to relax and remember the simple things.

Assuming hood vent, brake fluid, pads and tires a must going forward.... and pushing a button off during grid.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
https://toyotagazooracing.com/gt4/cars

Is that hood available to purchase? Or can you do the same placement and buy that vent?

i think this is the official supplier for the race teams. ironically, I think the official louver (part number DYXBB120079-00-B01) is actually cheaper than the Triple seven replica.

https://store.51gt3.com/products/bonnet-bonded-v3-painted-gt4-evo-gr-supra-gt4-evo

But I think venting the rear of the hood is probably a bad idea unless you have a specific reason to, such as having a rear turbo intake back there. the bottom of the windshield is a high pressure area, so letting that escape under the hood will probably introduce some counter-flow and reduce flow through the Heat exchangers.

That being said, it probably does help cool down the engine faster while you're waiting in the paddock/grid, so that might be worth it if it'll let you get an extra hot lap in.

Last edited:

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Does the forum have an established term for a group so Supras? A swarm of Supras? A super of Supras? A swell of Supras? I think I counted 7 at Summit Point Jefferson this weekend. My first time there in the Supra, beat my PB in my WRX by 8 seconds. Though I'm still light years behind @Rocksandblues :)

My first event with WDCR SCCA this year, was delighted to see we made the shirt!
Shame I missed you all, I’m too much of a coward to track the Supra so I was over at the Trackdaze event on main with some friends and my Miata. I know I saw you a couple of times through the trees off turn one of main.

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
For those with experience with the Supra on track, is a good set of coilovers and new wheels/tires a good way to increase steering feedback?

I find the steering feedback is lacking quite a lot, expecially compared to the GR86 and GR Corolla and I have a hard time feeling confident with so little steering feedback. Been tracking mainly a GT4 for the past 5 years (and the GR86 while I was still waiting my Supra) and I find the lack of steering feedback quite disconcerting.

Driving the Supra stock for now, got it 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to figure where my money is best spent to address this issue.

Thanks in advance.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
For those with experience with the Supra on track, is a good set of coilovers and new wheels/tires a good way to increase steering feedback?

I find the steering feedback is lacking quite a lot, expecially compared to the GR86 and GR Corolla and I have a hard time feeling confident with so little steering feedback. Been tracking mainly a GT4 for the past 5 years (and the GR86 while I was still waiting my Supra) and I find the lack of steering feedback quite disconcerting.

Driving the Supra stock for now, got it 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to figure where my money is best spent to address this issue.

Thanks in advance.
I'll let the far more experienced here answer your suspension question, but I'll chime in slightly. Have you had an alignment? You can have some real bad settings from the factory. My car had way too much front toe, which definitely reduces steering response (not sure about feel).
Sponsored