Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Anyone dealt with pad transfer on CSG pads? I threw on C21 and they were great until 4th session I found a lot of pulsation once brakes were hot. I’ve actually not had pad transfer issues on any other pads before, or at least not that wouldn’t clear quickly with some additional hard stops.
rebed. Im having that issue as well
Sponsored

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
I can scuff the rotors and rebed. Considering it appeared midday on a track day and wasn’t improving with heavy braking, I’m unimpressed. Sounds like this is common as I found some similar threads about it. Pad options are still pretty limited for OEM calipers. I will try g-loc or cobalts next.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I can scuff the rotors and rebed. Considering it appeared midday on a track day and wasn’t improving with heavy braking, I’m unimpressed. Sounds like this is common as I found some similar threads about it. Pad options are still pretty limited for OEM calipers. I will try g-loc or cobalts next.
I‘ve had the same issue with any pad with different track cars. I used low grit sandpaper when putting on a different compound on old rotors. I definitely want to try CSG in the near future. When I do, I’ll likely slap on another set of rotors to go with them. Esp with rotors getting cheaper for our cars.

And I still like my Hawk’s 🦅 I just wish they‘d come out with DTC-70 (or 80) for the stock 3.0 premium calipers

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Mine did the same on brand new rotors with zero previous compound on them. Have you seen my brake pad list thread here? A lot of other options, for a lot less money.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Speaking of your brakes thread, what’s the general take on Endless vs Torque vs SRF brake fluid?

Endless tastes the best out of the three.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
Mine did the same on brand new rotors with zero previous compound on them. Have you seen my brake pad list thread here? A lot of other options, for a lot less money.
If it’s in this thread I may have missed it. I saw your positive review of the club racer pads somewhere in here…

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Speaking of your brakes thread, what’s the general take on Endless vs Torque vs SRF brake fluid?
SRF has the highest wet temp, if you don’t track much or the car sits longer. Otherwise, any of those DOT4 brands are great. Race teams will use whoever is their sponsor (free).

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
SRF has the highest wet temp, if you don’t track much or the car sits longer. Otherwise, any of those DOT4 brands are great. Race teams will use whoever is their sponsor (free).
I was leaning towards SRF until I read a @razorlab post that said SRF didn’t feel good compared to the others.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I just switched from RBF to SRF and it got rid of my random soft pedal once the brakes get extra hot.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Personally I like 36 psi for a target hot pressure. Good to know I’m w/in limits 😜 running Maxxis RC-1 tires. If anyone else is interested 👇

Discounted if a NASA member. If anyone else running a square 275/35-18 setup

https://nasaspeed.news/columns/nasa-news/maxxis-contingency-program-kicks-off-for-2024

(next to handicap parking - plenty of room 😉 )*
Those recommendations are for a much lighter vehicle. Tire contact patch is proportional to vehicle weight divided by tire pressure.

if your Supra is 18% heavier than the spec e30 (or whatever) the manufacture will, as a general rule, recommend tire pressures 18% higher to maintain the same tire shape and contact patch.
Sponsored