Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

DHarkKnight10

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 / 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
LHD car: no issues. Everything fit perfectly, and I cannot stress that enough. My buddy and I got the install done in a day. We had to loosen and rotate some things here and there, but that's common as dirt when you're not using OEM turbo components. The kit was thoughtful about adjustability to work around other mods I had. Have been running around for about 7 weeks. Feels great. Spool feels just like stock.

My PI hardware is in the mail, excited to take the next step.
Appreciate the insight @Thraxbert! Based on everything I've been reading, install is fairly straightforward as long as you take your time and don't wrench like an ape. Remnant's YT video for install is a big help too.

And issues running the turbo prior to any tune or did you tune pretty much right away?
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Appreciate the insight @Thraxbert! Based on everything I've been reading, install is fairly straightforward as long as you take your time and don't wrench like an ape. Remnant's YT video for install is a big help too.

And issues running the turbo prior to any tune or did you tune pretty much right away?
On any turbo car: if you change the turbo, you need to tune right away. If you are forced to drive the car without a tune, you must do so without EVER going into boost. Until the car is tuned, it will not be accurate with air-fuel ratios and going into boost could be catastrophic.

PotatoKing

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Dyno results on 93 (no PI) EOS Manifold and Catless DP

Made about 480whp on 93, and with 5% Meth about 500whp. (Measured in EWG & spinning all 4 wheels)
d3607f03-3f40-4762-820e-630d323c2fdb.jpeg

Room temp is about 30C (about 86F), thatā€™s around the average temperature over here.

Quite happy with how it turned out, very linear power. 480whp is more than enough for a daily, and save the Meth for track use.

Edit:Corrected info

Last edited:

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T
Dyno results on 93 (no PI) and Catless DP

Made about 480whp on 93, and with 5% Meth about 500whp.
d3607f03-3f40-4762-820e-630d323c2fdb.jpeg

Room temp is about 30C (about 86F), thatā€™s around the average temperature over here.

Quite happy with how it turned out, very linear power. 480whp is more than enough for a daily, and save the Meth for track use.
Congratulations! Not sure if Max at Master Tuning Asia explained it to you or not but that numbers reported are 1, spinning all 4 wheels and 2, are reported in EWG. For us in the US that use SAE, your 482whp is actually 502whp SAE. Your 506whp with 5% methanol is actually 526whp SAE. The dyno wonā€™t even report in STD correction but take the SAE number and divide by .974 if you want to compare!

PotatoKing

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Congratulations! Not sure if Max at Master Tuning Asia explained it to you or not but that numbers reported are 1, spinning all 4 wheels and 2, are reported in EWG. For us in the US that use SAE, your 482whp is actually 502whp SAE. Your 506whp with 5% methanol is actually 526whp SAE. The dyno wonā€™t even report in STD correction but take the SAE number and divide by .974 if you want to compare!
Oh yes you are right sorry. He did mention that itā€™s measured in the European metric, and the figures are more conservative than the US. Thanks for pointing that out, and thanks for your help during the process. The turbo performed much better than he anticipated. Very happy with the results, canā€™t wait to drive it.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
The omega 65 dyno results have been all over the place, Iā€™ve seen anywhere from 480whp sae to 600whp sae on 93 octane. All claim no knockā€¦.

Establishing a standard for 60-130s would be helpful on 93 and different e mixes.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
You don't spend a lot of time on dynos, do you? They're erratic as hell.

I'll say it again: all turbos are octane limited by 93. 550ish is a reasonable expectation for any reasonable turbo. I'll repeat that: if the turbo is sized correctly for the Supra, which RP and others are, 550ish is pretty standard expectation you should have. Some tuners are willing to push a little harder, some owners are willing to be riskier with their transmission. Some tuners and owners are more conservative. 93 octane is so limited by octane that the climate the car's being tuned in will have a material difference on the final result. Cold weather = lower IATs = lower knock risk= more power.

93 octane sucks. And everything else you see is just differences in one dyno to another. The exact same make and model of dyno, in the same city, across town from one another, can easily read 30WHP apart on the same car.

The 550 number I'm giving you is the mathematical average you should expect across hundreds of samples. Having Dragy numbers isn't going to change this or prove anything different.

Why am I so confident in this? Because it's predictable. Pretty much any 6cyl boosted car is gonna hit a wall below 600WHP because that's just what 93 octane does on 6cyl boosted cars. Cars are calculable and predictable air pumps, not vague and mysterious black boxes.

What DOES mystify me is why you seem so surprised by the range of results. It's totally ordinary.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
You don't spend a lot of time on dynos, do you? They're erratic as hell.
Exactly, thatā€™s my point. 60-130 is a better indication of how fast the car is. And also a more reliable standard imo.

480 to 600 is a big variation 7.5-8 is a smaller variation.

when the average joe buys a kit like this, they want to know how fast the car typically is with available fuel..

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Exactly, thatā€™s my point. 60-130 is a better indication of how fast the car is. And also a more reliable standard imo.

480 to 600 is a big variation 7.5-8 is a smaller variation.

when the average joe buys a kit like this, they want to know how fast the car typically is with available fuel..
60-130s are as good as a dyno. Meaning not very good. Can one person get traction at 60 and another cant? You bet. Someone making 600whp may actually put down a worse 60-130 than someone making 500whp because of traction. Then there are also shift points. Is the person shifting at the right rpm? Lots of what's, ifs and buts using either method to measure power.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
60-130s are as good as a dyno. Meaning not very good. Can one person get traction at 60 and another cant? You bet. Someone making 600whp may actually put down a worse 60-130 than someone making 500whp because of traction. Then there are also shift points. Is the person shifting at the right rpm? Lots of what's, ifs and buts using either method to measure power.
True, but the difference between dynos is an unknown variable while traction and shift points are known variables and declared by drivers.

Most of the supras are auto anyways..

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
True, but the difference between dynos is an unknown variable while traction and shift points are known variables and declared by drivers.

Most of the supras are auto anyways..
The difference between both are unknown variables. Both a dyno and 60-130 times are only good to measure an individuals gain, for themselves. Can't really compare them with everyone else's results.

I will give you that they do give a good round about base line number. If you are in the typical range of everyone else, you should be good.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
This was with stock OEM exhaust, 483 whp on 93, DP & no other upgrades.

dynorunShare_0.png
I did 490/530 on E50.. catted dp, factory exhaust, bm3 ots flex tune..

So I'm digging that you got that (and more tq) on 93 !
Sponsored