Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
I bought the following:

48EB25EA-4FF9-45F3-B2FC-BB727F794501.jpeg

4B0E61F6-435F-4475-93A2-267478455A71.jpeg

One important note: the passenger side was a perfect fit, but in the drivers side, there was a wire whose connector required a little bit of trimming. It wasn’t the heater wires (I forget which exactly it was).
This looks interesting. Was the driver's side wiring adjustment difficult? Wish it was more plug and play. How much does a pair of these cost?
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
This looks interesting. Was the driver's side wiring adjustment difficult? Wish it was more plug and play. How much does a pair of these cost?
Just a bit of trimming of plastic I did with a pen knife.

prices on Ebay are highly variable. I got the first set for $75 (M240i) for both. second set was $135. I’ve seen them go for more.

what I’d like to know from European Supra owner is if they have the convex mirrors stock on their cars. If so, maybe there is a part number that could be used to get a mirror that needs not modification.

anyway, for me, I MUCH prefer the Euro mirrors to the US mirrors.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Tracked down some part numbers (I think) for the G29 Z4 spec wide-angle, heated, blind spot monitoring mirrors:
Left Side: 51-16-8-492-905
Right Side: 51-16-9-479-192

Here's part numbers for the auto-dimming versions (not sure if these versions have blind-spot monitoring, but they are wide-angle and heated):
Left Side: 51-16-7-461-792
Right Side: 51-16-7-461-788

Try also searching these model numbers without dashes.

Here's where I got the part numbers if people want to track down different versions (non-BSM, non-heated, etc):
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-z4g29/side-view-mirror-glass-pg644-catn-ol

If someone can source new ones from Europe at a cheaper rate, I'm sure many people here would be interested in purchasing them.

OP
OP

Driver181920

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully a Supra
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Initially, I had my eyes on the euro z4 convex side mirrors. that user H2O_Doc
had done. Pricing are about $120....ebay and junk yards would be too much hit and miss for me. The curved convex seems to be applied to the outter portions of mirror, and not the entire range.

I took a $170 gamble with Rexpeed; as I already had experience with FRS/BRZ version. With FRS & rexpeed, I would have 100% confidence making all lane changing just by glancing at the mirrors; didn't even have to turn my head. I could see 2 lands to the right and left. Supra w/ Rexpeed I'm around 80% confident making lane changings just be glancing at mirrors...as the FOV of mirrors don't extend out as much compared to FRS.

I'll probably redothe install and use plastic clips with high quality 3M tape. Butyl is gonna be more of a permanent solution; stuff is pretty tacky.

Having these mirror have changed the way I drive my supra. Without them, I was ALWAYS defensive....double, triple checking blindspots and where cars could be. Now...I'm more agreesve! the way a Supra is mean to be driven.

Other comments: you do get blue polarized tinting color , but will lose out on OEM electrio-darkening of side mirrors. I don't like the auto dimming, so don't mind losing it.

Main Issue: Unmasked BSI orange triangle that will give false positive. when sunlight is directly behind you. REXPEED, I hope you are reading this. This issue has to be resolved. It is nice to see into blind spot, but now I'm 2nd guessing the BSI. Either mask it as OEM, or change to white when off, and glow orange when activated. I just got my windows tinted (18% transmission), hoping it would be enough to eliminate the issue. TInt helps a bit, but issue is still there. Next, probably experiment with polarized film over the triangle, hopefull that will solve. ?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Hmmm. I haven't been getting any false readings with my Rexpeed mirrors.

I also have them set on max outward positions and I can still see her J-Lo hips. Lol.

I had the same mirrors on my BRZ, so I got used to the blue which is quite subtle in solving the glare issue. Losing the OEM electrio-darkening wasn't a big deal for me since it's only on the driver's side anyway.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Hmmm. I haven't been getting any false readings with my Rexpeed mirrors.
He's not saying the BSI is actually detecting something and lighting up the LED when there's not a car there. He's saying that for some reason, Rexpeed decided to use an amber LED in an amber housing for the BSI, instead of an amber LED in a white/clear housing. The result is that when the sun hits the mirror, the BSI glows amber even if it's not being actively lit, which makes the BSI pretty much useless whenever you're driving west in the morning or east in the evening.

I just installed these mirrors last night and it's definitely a problem. My drive to work in the morning is almost entirely toward the west, and my BSI was basically useless for a good 75% of the drive. It was only when I turned north or south that I could actually use it. I still think the mirrors are worth it for the convex shape, but they should really do something about those BSIs.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
He's not saying the BSI is actually detecting something and lighting up the LED when there's not a car there. He's saying that for some reason, Rexpeed decided to use an amber LED in an amber housing for the BSI, instead of an amber LED in a white/clear housing. The result is that when the sun hits the mirror, the BSI glows amber even if it's not being actively lit, which makes the BSI pretty much useless whenever you're driving west in the morning or east in the evening.

I just installed these mirrors last night and it's definitely a problem. My drive to work in the morning is almost entirely toward the west, and my BSI was basically useless for a good 75% of the drive. It was only when I turned north or south that I could actually use it. I still think the mirrors are worth it for the convex shape, but they should really do something about those BSIs.
Is it possible to put a piece of dark tint or translucent sticker over the triangles?

Granted you should not have to, but since you have them installed...

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Does the mirror have auto dimming and heat as well? My OEM ones do and I would like to keep feature parity.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Does the mirror have auto dimming and heat as well? My OEM ones do and I would like to keep feature parity.
The Z4 ones do. It’s BWM, so I think it might be the same mirror for multiple models, but I could be wrong.

My M240i mirrors fit, but no glowing triangle of caution.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Edited after more research.

Reviving this thread. Some more info as it seems the Z4 Euro spec mirrors are the way to go for better blind spot viewing.

realoem.com

Now the part numbers differ from Twundy's post and googling them isn't much help either as some site's post images of mirror without the BSM triangle. The left/driver side (51168492913) doesn't show as convex as the passenger side does, (51167461792). Would like to see if someone can confirm.

Correlates with Twundy's post.

1653425489438.png

51168492905 - Driver's Side

1653425651187.png

1653425760661.png

51169479192 - Passenger Side

A link explaining the "S5ASA", which means active driving assistant. I'm assuming this is for 3.0 Premium models. The other codes indicate country.

S5ASa: Driving Assistant

A range of camera-based driver assistance systems that enhance safety and reduce the risk of potential collisions, at both high and low speeds. Systems included in this option are:
  • Lane Departure Warning for detecting lane markings at speeds above approximately 45 mph. If the car deviates from the lane of travel without the use of indicators, the steering wheel vibrates as an alert. If the indicators are used to signal, the system recognises this as an intentional lane change and the steering wheel will not vibrate.
  • Forward Collision Warning operates at speeds above 10 mph and monitors vehicles ahead and warns the driver by an optical and acoustic alert if their approach could escalate into a rear-end collision. At higher speeds over 30 mph an urgent warning also activates brake preconditioning for maximum force.
  • City Collision Mitigation proactively engages braking automatically for rapid reaction to potential vehicle collisions in driving situations up to 35 mph.
  • Preventive Pedestrian Protection proactively engages braking automatically for rapid reaction to potential collisions with humans and cyclists in urban driving situations up to 35 mph. The identification of pedestrians and cyclists is only active in daylight.
  • Attentiveness Assistant includes audible warning in cabin and visual warning on iDrive when the system detects that the driver is losing concentration based on driving and travel conditions.
The systems within Driving Assistant are not a substitute for the judgement of the driver. The driver should remain in control of the vehicle at all times and these systems are an aid but should not be solely relied upon.

I found the driver's side on eBay, ships from the UK.

I haven't found the passenger side... other than eBay but ships from Latvia...

Last edited:

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Initially, I had my eyes on the euro z4 convex side mirrors. that user H2O_Doc
had done. Pricing are about $120....ebay and junk yards would be too much hit and miss for me. The curved convex seems to be applied to the outter portions of mirror, and not the entire range.

I took a $170 gamble with Rexpeed; as I already had experience with FRS/BRZ version. With FRS & rexpeed, I would have 100% confidence making all lane changing just by glancing at the mirrors; didn't even have to turn my head. I could see 2 lands to the right and left. Supra w/ Rexpeed I'm around 80% confident making lane changings just be glancing at mirrors...as the FOV of mirrors don't extend out as much compared to FRS.

I'll probably redothe install and use plastic clips with high quality 3M tape. Butyl is gonna be more of a permanent solution; stuff is pretty tacky.

Having these mirror have changed the way I drive my supra. Without them, I was ALWAYS defensive....double, triple checking blindspots and where cars could be. Now...I'm more agreesve! the way a Supra is mean to be driven.

Other comments: you do get blue polarized tinting color , but will lose out on OEM electrio-darkening of side mirrors. I don't like the auto dimming, so don't mind losing it.

Main Issue: Unmasked BSI orange triangle that will give false positive. when sunlight is directly behind you. REXPEED, I hope you are reading this. This issue has to be resolved. It is nice to see into blind spot, but now I'm 2nd guessing the BSI. Either mask it as OEM, or change to white when off, and glow orange when activated. I just got my windows tinted (18% transmission), hoping it would be enough to eliminate the issue. TInt helps a bit, but issue is still there. Next, probably experiment with polarized film over the triangle, hopefull that will solve. ?
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/re...lind-spot-icon-available-now.9392/post-137494

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Seems like everywhere the z4 style OEM mirrors are 270+. Is rexspeed the way to go then? Also i read on another thread that suma performance and rexspeed are essentially the same mirror but rebranded. Is this true?
Rexpeed are good mirrors. I'm on my second set (yellow, first set was blue) and they're great.

Though their website looks like it's from 2004, Rexpeed ships quickly and uses DHL.

Gmoney10120

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Seems like everywhere the z4 style OEM mirrors are 270+. Is rexspeed the way to go then? Also i read on another thread that suma performance and rexspeed are essentially the same mirror but rebranded. Is this true?
I just recently bought a set of the blue Rexpeed polarized rearview mirrors. I like them a lot but they're giving me a "reduced driver assistance" warning all the time.

Search "Rexpeed polorized mirrors" on this site and you'll see the discussion group. Rexpeed has confirmed they found the issue and are fixing it. Confirm with them you're getting the updated mirrors if you do buy.

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
It's the exact same mirror. I emailed them and asked if it could be special ordered without their stupid logo ruining the clear picture, but they basically told me "no".

If you decide to get mirrors, go with Rexpeed. Better customer service and better design on the mirror side.
Sponsored