Road bike in trunk? / Mountain Biking with your Supra

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I think some of you guys bought the wrong car if you're trying to transport your bikes lol.

Jokes aside, that looks pretty sweet.

Oh trust me I know, I want to have my cake and eat it too ?

I owned and FRS for 6 years and managed to shove my bikes in the trunk through the back seats with them down fairly easily. Even though the FRS and Supra are very close in size the FRS has waaaay more room inside.
Sponsored

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
Well if it makes you feel any better I had my 40lb e-bike on it the other day and it was solid for an hour drive both ways.

Try mounting your bike like I did. Flip around the front one and get two of those cups on the windshield. It will be a million times more stable.
I will try that

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Oh trust me I know, I want to have my cake and eat it too ?

I owned and FRS for 6 years and managed to shove my bikes in the trunk through the back seats with them down fairly easily. Even though the FRS and Supra are very close in size the FRS has waaaay more room inside.
Believe me, I know how that goes. About a decade ago when I only had room for 1 car (Nissan 370z) I'd use that for everything. All the looks i'd get during my Home Depot trips were interesting. Even somehow managed to fit a 6ft ladder in the Z before lol.

Luckily I have an SUV for daily duties now, but I'm sure the Supra would be fine with Home Depot duties as well.

bsandoe

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0, 17 Macan S
Nice! I just used a Seasucker Komodo for the first time yesterday for my gravel bike. I wish I had taken a photo.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
You know, every time I see things like this I think of the locking suction cups on my shower wall that hold up various baskets my wife sticks all kind of crap in and how they ALWAYS fall off in the middle of the night - eventually.

good luck!!

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know, every time I see things like this I think of the locking suction cups on my shower wall that hold up various baskets my wife sticks all kind of crap in and how they ALWAYS fall off in the middle of the night - eventually.

good luck!!

haha this suction cups are just a tad bit stronger, just a tad....

But in all seriousness, if I were to just leave them on the car for days without touching them they too would eventually lose their suction. The built in pumps on them that create the suction actually double as a "suction meter" for lack of better words lol

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The pictures in this thread give me anxiety just from looking at them lol.
The first time I drove with it I was an nervous wreck, but now I have about 4-5 drives with it and I am growing more trust in it.

I hit about 95mph with the bike on the car on Saturday with no issues.

bsandoe

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0, 17 Macan S
I finally grabbed a couple photos with a bike on my car.
This is my steel fixie on my way to a ride.
I mostly use it for a gravel rig.

Bike Rack on Supra.jpg

Bike Rack close up.jpg

ThePriory

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Pro
This thread makes me happy.

People with their priority's in the right place. Nice cars and hobbies, rather than dull practical car just to fit a hobby.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I wanna do this with mine but there is so much win in this photo. My pup hangs out in the front seat also.
1EF7DF34-955A-4119-8940-1CA644075FA7.png

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This thread makes me happy.

People with their priority's in the right place. Nice cars and hobbies, rather than dull practical car just to fit a hobby.
Yeah except I get yelled at by my MTB buddies all the time because I can't drive them and their bikes anywhere when we go riding, but I gladly take up their offers when they offer to take me and my bike ?

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I use a Sea Sucker on both my old Mini and the Supra and have had zero issues. One thing to keep in mind is roof flex; the Miniā€™s tin can roof flexes too much and the suction cups can lose their grip sooner rather than later. This isnā€™t an issue on the Supra, though. Iā€™ve carried DH bikes, trail bikes, and gravel bikes without issue. I can get my gravel bike inside with wheels off. Just picked up a Kuat strap-on rack that looks like itā€™ll work well, but havenā€™t tried it yet.

Itā€™s awesome to be able to do a long, fast drive to a trailhead in another town, then ride before driving home ?

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
My road bike fits in the car with both wheels removed. I'll post pics the next time I load up and go for a ride.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
It's all about getting past the narrow part of the trunk. Once you get past that the trunk is surprisingly accommodating.
Sponsored