SP1- The standard for MKV

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Exhaust looks great but the fact that you have to trim your diffuser makes it a huge 👎🏻 especially for guys with aftermarket ones
Not ideal but not bad either. Good to have stock diffuser with this and cut that and live with it for a while to be sure you will keep the exhaust, before getting a carbon one and cutting that up
Sponsored

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
The fact that they couldn't "design" this exhaust so it it would FIT the factory bumper / diffuser is already dodgey engineering
It's a mid 90s ebay looking muffler with some straight piping , albeit the materials are titanium
There are plenty of aftermarket exhausts that actually FIT , some even made of the same material
Color me unimpressed
If the is the standard for MKV, it's setting the bar pretty low

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
The fact that they couldn't "design" this exhaust so it it would FIT the factory bumper / diffuser is already dodgey engineering
It's a mid 90s ebay looking muffler with some straight piping , albeit the materials are titanium
There are plenty of aftermarket exhausts that actually FIT , some even made of the same material
Color me unimpressed
If the is the standard for MKV, it's setting the bar pretty low
It looks way better than the RK or Tomei which are awkwardly run sideways then bend to come out at the end

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
It looks way better than the RK or Tomei which are awkwardly run sideways then bend to come out at the end
You know what looks worst?
A hole cut out of the bumper
We don't own $5k EK civics
That is unacceptable even in a 40$k golf let alone a 60$k Supra

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Then you would hate to see what I did to a $1,000 bumper cover on order to make an exhaust work (not the Supra).
It's just a car. If you don't want to cut some plastic, don't.
Back in the day people had to fabricate and customize everything to make things work. It was called Hot rodding. Some of us still don't mind.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Reasonable opinion on the surface. But this is a single tip exhaust, leaving a big gapping hole on the passenger side. So a customer of this doesn't rate aesthetics highly or is already considering a project with the diffuser. Or do we consider all single tip exhausts janky?

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Then you would hate to see what I did to a $1,000 bumper cover on order to make an exhaust work (not the Supra).
It's just a car. If you don't want to cut some plastic, don't.
Back in the day people had to fabricate and customize everything to make things work. It was called Hot rodding. Some of us still don't mind.
Back in the day yea
Not 2023
🤣

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Reasonable opinion on the surface. But this is a single tip exhaust, leaving a big gapping hole on the passenger side. So a customer of this doesn't rate aesthetics highly or is already considering a project with the diffuser. Or do we consider all single tip exhausts janky?
Only the ones that don't fit 😉

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If you're worried about holes in shit that does matter, you'd absolutely hate to see the amount of holes we have to drill to get the ice box in the car. Or my hood. Or anything else to make a car go fast.

Some times you cut shit. Who fucking cares. It's a car- and an entry-level sports car at that.

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
I’m almost 99% certain that this particular SP1R catback is just a MK4 Tomei canister w/ new piping. Not necessarily a bad thing since cost is still under $2000.

A couple of our guys are getting this exhaust for 30-40% off after meeting some SP1R reps at GR Movement, so they are nice people.

Interested to see how the dual-exit valved SP1R coming in a few months will sound like, and wether it’s based off Tomei components as well.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I mean the bumper already has a hole in it you're just enlarging it to fit the exhaust...very common for aftermarket parts to require modification or fabrication. Had to put holes in my trunk lid to mount my wing, people cut holes in the hood for carbon vents.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If you do it properly when the exhaust is on you dont even know its cut.. I'm cutting a brand new Sibon rear diffusor and dont even think twice about it. I can always cover the cut up with the carbon exhaust shield.

This sounds like one of those guys that get upset the dealership left his "60k sports car" outside and not in the shop when the new Sienna next to it costs just as much hahaha

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Back in the day yea
Not 2023
🤣
Let me give you a tour of an exotic, a Japanese performance sedan, and soon a new Supra, that have all been *gasp* modified in some permanent way for aftermarket parts.
Some people do more than just toss parts on and call it a "build". Others are a bit more committed.
🤷🏼

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
A couple of our guys are getting this exhaust for 30-40% off after meeting some SP1R reps at GR Movement, so they are nice people.
Can't blame them. I'd jump on one at that price too. That's awesome.