SPIED: Mystery Toyota Supra Spotted Testing - 2025 GRMN Model?

What do you guys think we're looking at?

• GRMN

Votes: 45 18.9%
  • Facelift / Minor Refresh

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Special / Final Edition

Votes: 138 58.0%

• Total voters

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Can't get over the cheap rear brake calipers on this ultimate edition of the car. My F-type R had the same cheap brakes. Such an eyesore. I really hope this is an early test mule.

The rear wing also looks like a Wish.com special. It is comically small. What's so bad is that even if you want to swap it out you're left with holes on the trunk.

This can't be it's final form. I refuse to believe engineers at Toyota are slapping themselves on the back over this.

BUT... there are enough apparent changes that I'll probably call up my dealership today to swap my deposit over to this.

They fucking got me.

I'm so stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
so let me try and understand you right. You are saying Toyota is a business and in their eyes the best option is to cut production so that Toyota dealers get a bigger profit, that doesnā€™t go to Toyota corporate? Wouldnt proper business sense to be producing as many cars as they can sell? Clearly demand is outweighing production now. I could see cutting production because you have 500-1000 units sitting on lots nation wide, but at one point there were as few as 3 Supras sitting on lots to be sold in the whole country. (Based on some salesman on here posting, if true)

Good business seems to make more cars, not make less so a dealership has means to charge markup.
No I don't think Toyota wants or encourages the dealerships to mark up or rip people off. I also don't think they punish or do anything about that because of tiered system in the U.S. making it "legal" to mark up. I was saying Toyota kept production low to help keep prices stable of the A90 Supra (auto or manual) as a way to not over produce and not have them sit on lots. "2022-2024 going to be slower years with interest rates historically high, let's not produce too many since demand will be lower". That's all I'm saying. Which is also why I think the GRMN will be a limited count. Maybe 500-1000. Limited edition type run.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Can't get over the cheap rear brake calipers on this ultimate edition of the car. My F-type R had the same cheap brakes. Such an eyesore. I really hope this is an early test mule.

The rear wing also looks like a Wish.com special. It is comically small. What's so bad is the even if you want to swap it out you're left with holes on the trunk.

This can't be it's final form. I refuse to believe engineers at Toyota are slapping themselves on the back over this.

BUT... there are enough apparent changes that I'll probably call up my dealership today to swap my deposit over to this.

They fucking got me.

I'm so stupid.
Even the full fat M cars get the single piston rear brakes now. Yes, even the M5 and M8 with the $9000 ceramic brakes option.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

The rear wing also looks like a Wish.com special. It is comically small. What's so bad is the even if you want to swap it out you're left with holes on the trunk.

They fucking got me.

I'm so stupid.

If there is no engine tweaks I really cannot see you going for this given you would then be torn between swapping off the unique GRMN/final edition aero bits for your future widebody kit you were always talking about.

Last edited:

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
so let me try and understand you right. You are saying Toyota is a business and in their eyes the best option is to cut production so that Toyota dealers get a bigger profit, that doesnā€™t go to Toyota corporate? Wouldnt proper business sense to be producing as many cars as they can sell? Clearly demand is outweighing production now. I could see cutting production because you have 500-1000 units sitting on lots nation wide, but at one point there were as few as 3 Supras sitting on lots to be sold in the whole country. (Based on some salesman on here posting, if true)

Good business seems to make more cars, not make less so a dealership has means to charge markup.
lol that is exactly how honda operates, purposely limiting production on their desired card like the type R so they encourage their dealerships to sell them for 70k. Im just glad Toyota isnt scumy like them and makes way more supras

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜23 GR Supra Premium MT
At this point any extra plastic bits and people foam at the mouth over a GRMN.
A91 ā€œtrack editionā€ at best. I seriously doubt the agreement between Toyota and BMW would allow for a Toyota version of a sports coupe better than anything bmw offers.

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
At this point any extra plastic bits and people foam at the mouth over a GRMN.
A91 ā€œtrack editionā€ at best. I seriously doubt the agreement between Toyota and BMW would allow for a Toyota version of a sports coupe better than anything bmw offers.
I agree ā˜, BMW would need a really really good reason to undercut themselves. I just donā€™t see a GRMN with the S58 happening as a production car. At best a few one offs.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Maybe its just me but it doesnt sound any different.
Sounded like a B58 to me too. I love the way the B58 sounds, so no complaints from me.

Give me upgraded suspension, factory-adjustable camber, bigger brakes with cooling ducts, a mild power bump, seats that allow for a harness, and an iDrive update for a reasonable price and Iā€™d be tempted. šŸ™

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
seriously doubt the agreement between Toyota and BMW would allow for a Toyota version of a sports coupe better than anything bmw offers.

For people in the knowā€¦ that already happened. Anything else is icing on the cake.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
I think itā€™s very much so possible for toyota to get allocations of M engines. Toyota would give bmw a fat check for the engines and they get paid. Sure would they create an absolute beast for toyota, but at the end of the day supra is niche. bmw has a really strong following/loyalist/presence that people wouldnā€™t leave to go toyota/supra. It would maybe be a handful that would leave. so nothing entirely dangerous for bmw to do. definitely will be a very limited car for sure. thatā€™s all why i think it COULD be possible. still exciting to see what they do and if itā€™ll be worth trading in my ā€˜21 for!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I think itā€™s very much so possible for toyota to get allocations of M engines. Toyota would give bmw a fat check for the engines and they get paid. Sure would they create an absolute beast for toyota, but at the end of the day supra is niche. bmw has a really strong following/loyalist/presence that people wouldnā€™t leave to go toyota/supra. It would maybe be a handful that would leave. so nothing entirely dangerous for bmw to do. definitely will be a very limited car for sure. thatā€™s all why i think it COULD be possible. still exciting to see what they do and if itā€™ll be worth trading in my ā€˜21 for!
You think or you know. Please show your work.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
You think or you know. Please show your work.
i mean i did say ā€œthinkā€ in my post right? lol. i canā€™t know since the carā€™s actual specs havenā€™t been released nor am i in the room of engineers creating this. my experience comes from working operations for tesla and similar things have happened with competitors.

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
Look at the plumbing for the S58. I don't think the S58 will easily fit in Supra but I could be wrong.
Sponsored