Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Hmm I don't remember seeing Sport+ option but can have another look. But Toyota only calibrated for Normal/Sport so doubt it will change anything.
Hmm I don't remember seeing Sport+ option but can have another look. But Toyota only calibrated for Normal/Sport so doubt it will change anything.
It simply alters traction control in addition to sport mode changes.
Sponsored

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90 Supra, '15 F36 435i GC, '97 A32 Maxima, '86 Z31 300ZX
From my BMW experience, Sport + changes the traction to dynamic traction control (allows more wheel slip before intervention) as the only difference. The equivalent of that in the supra would be going into sport mode and then pressing the traction button once.

edit: Sport+ also turns on the same traction control symbol on the dash that you get with pressing the traction button on the Supra. I drive my 4 series in Sport+ 100% of the time, its a habit of mine to start the car and then press sport twice.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From my BMW experience, Sport + changes the traction to dynamic traction control (allows more wheel slip before intervention) as the only difference. The equivalent of that in the supra would be going into sport mode and then pressing the traction button once.

edit: Sport+ also turns on the same traction control symbol on the dash that you get with pressing the traction button on the Supra. I drive my 4 series in Sport+ 100% of the time, its a habit of mine to start the car and then press sport twice.
This has been my experience too with past BMW ownership. There is no need to code for this as you can manipulate the Sport Mode and Traction buttons to give you the same effect.

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2910 Range Rover Velar, 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS, ordered A90
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing this video from Japan for how to use BimmerCode to enable SportPlus.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I have Sport plus on my M240i. Disables the traction control as described above. I typically drive that B58 I Sport all of the time. Because my Supra isn’t past its break-in period, I keep in in “old man in the left lane with left blinker on” mode for now.

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2910 Range Rover Velar, 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS, ordered A90
Vehicle Showcase
Can you translate it? What does it do different?
I can’t speak Japanese but use the translation feature in Youtube. For me, i feel no difference. But there’re folks claim it’s huge difference tho.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
This has been my experience too with past BMW ownership. There is no need to code for this as you can manipulate the Sport Mode and Traction buttons to give you the same effect.
For some of us just having a 3rd mode to quick swap is worth it..

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ideally, the better way for Toyota to do it is to have two quick access buttons for your settings. On the M cars, BMW gives you two M Buttons.

So you can set them to your desired pre-determined settings. For example, M1 was for aggressive driving and M2 would be for your track setup. Makes changing your settings super easy and all done on the fly even while driving. If someone could program that for the Supra then I would be highly interested in it.

maxresdefault.jpg

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Ok I coded it but I don't think Supra is setup for it. The traction control light should turn on in Sport Plus since its in "traction mode" but it doesn't. So I coded it back to stock. I did eliminate the stability control popup though. Posted in other Coding thread.
Sponsored