Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
^^^ Same I can only access Comfort Plus through center screen. I didn't notice trans starting in 2nd gear, it was same as Normal. I was hoping suspension would get more compliant but didn't feel a difference.
I didn’t think the suspension changes between the normal sub modes, but it felt more floaty over bad roads. I thought it might be my imagination.

The transmission setup is different for sure. I’m guessing steering is also different, since that’s a listed code change for Comfort plus. But I can’t detect much difference there.
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Fascinating, thank you guys for doing all the exploration! I hate how code updates to the head unit always wipes out so many customizations.

To confirm, you guys still only see the added adjustments to individual settings for Engine and Transmission and not steering and suspension.

e.g. steering and suspension only has Normal and Sport selectable modes?

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Fascinating, thank you guys for doing all the exploration! I hate how code updates to the head unit always wipes out so many customizations.

To confirm, you guys still only see the added adjustments to individual settings for Engine and Transmission and not steering and suspension.

Yeah unfortunately coding the headunit erases your presets & some other things. Correct only Engine & Trans get Sport Plus settings. And no additional settings when Comfort Plus is coded either.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Hmm. I feel like if the settings exist, there should be a thorough explanation of the different parameters and features somewhere. Maybe the G29 Z4 owner's manual or another non-US BMW owner's manual?

I feel like we can code the Sport+ setting, but the results seem to be trial-and-error or experimental in the least. :dunno:

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm. I feel like if the settings exist, there should be a thorough explanation of the different parameters and features somewhere. Maybe the G29 Z4 owner's manual or another non-US BMW owner's manual?

I feel like we can code the Sport+ setting, but the results seem to be trial-and-error or experimental in the least. :dunno:
Comfort Plus is only a setting in 7 series so makes sense there is no change on Supra.

Sport Plus is a setting on G29 & I do notice the aggressive almost jumpy throttle response in Supra.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Comfort Plus is only a setting in 7 series so makes sense there is no change on Supra.

Sport Plus is a setting on G29 & I do notice the aggressive almost jumpy throttle response in Supra.
G20 owners have also done this coding, and report noticeable differences. As long as you can get your car to select the modes. Eg: we can’t access adaptive mode without setting it as the default start mode, cos we don’t have the button!

I think you missed out the full code changes for Comfort plus - if you haven’t reverted the coding, maybe try coding the 2 missed attributes and have another go?

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G20 owners have also done this coding, and report noticeable differences. As long as you can get your car to select the modes. Eg: we can’t access adaptive mode without setting it as the default start mode, cos we don’t have the button!

I think you missed out the full code changes for Comfort plus - if you haven’t reverted the coding, maybe try coding the 2 missed attributes and have another go?
Which codes am I missing? The Eco ones only apply to Eco mode which I don't want.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Finally drove mine today and snapped these for reference.

AD46954B-45DC-4DD5-805B-52C3CE3A223E.jpeg

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which codes am I missing? The Eco ones only apply to Eco mode which I don't want.
The coding i followed was as per this post:
Coding Comfort Plus on M340i
BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > ComfortWorldMode1 -> Change to: ComfortPlus
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > FES_COMFORT_PLUS -> Change to: Active
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > ECO_CONF_STEERING_COMFPLUS -> Change to: Active
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > ECO_CONF_ATTENUATION_COMFPLUS -> Change to: Active

I did the last 2 as well, and I can see where you're coming from - they look geared towards Eco mode. But i read that there is different set of coding to enable comfort plus settings in eco mode, so I went ahead with this set.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Now ... since we're all having so much fun, those folks who would like ECO mode for their daily drives? Advantages? Disadvantages? Coding?

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The coding i followed was as per this post:
Coding Comfort Plus on M340i
BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > ComfortWorldMode1 -> Change to: ComfortPlus
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > FES_COMFORT_PLUS -> Change to: Active
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > ECO_CONF_STEERING_COMFPLUS -> Change to: Active
HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > ECO_CONF_ATTENUATION_COMFPLUS -> Change to: Active

I did the last 2 as well, and I can see where you're coming from - they look geared towards Eco mode. But i read that there is different set of coding to enable comfort plus settings in eco mode, so I went ahead with this set.
Hmm but those codes are in Head Unit so would just be to display selection. Do you see additional selection (Plus) now under steering or suspension?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm but those codes are in Head Unit so would just be to display selection. Do you see additional selection (Plus) now under steering or suspension?
No, Comfort plus options aren't showing up under Sport Individual setup for me.

I think you are right - the last 2 attributes aren't needed for Comfort Plus, and are to enable options under Eco Pro Individual. I had a closer look at some codes in an F series list.

Now if we had Eco Pro modes enabled, we would likely see them with those 2 codes done.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now ... since we're all having so much fun, those folks who would like ECO mode for their daily drives? Advantages? Disadvantages? Coding?
think the challenge would be how to get into Eco Pro, without a button. Our Sport button doesn't even toggle to Comfort Plus.

If we did enable Eco Pro, you'd probably have to also default your startup mode to Eco Pro in order to access it.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Well, I went out for a quick drive this afternoon to see how Sport Plus differed from Sport.

I was stuck in "weekend leisure drivers" traffic most of the time, so didn't notice much change.

However, I did feel the throttle a bit touchier in Sport Plus than Sport. Also, the gears seem to hang a bit longer in Sport Plus vs Sport.

I like having an additional option as I prefer the heavier steering in Sport mode and configure Individual to 'Normal' for every other setting. Then have Sport Plus as the dedicated Sport mode.

Anyone else notice the same or anything else?

I noticed some BMW guys put this chart together. I wonder if anyone could similarly summarize the different modes in the Supra.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.08.32 PM.png

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Well, I went out for a quick drive this afternoon to see how Sport Plus differed from Sport.

I was stuck in "weekend leisure drivers" traffic most of the time, so didn't notice much change.

However, I did feel the throttle a bit touchier in Sport Plus than Sport. Also, the gears seem to hang a bit longer in Sport Plus vs Sport.

I like having an additional option as I prefer the heavier steering in Sport mode and configure Individual to 'Normal' for every other setting. Then have Sport Plus as the dedicated Sport mode.

Anyone else notice the same or anything else?

I noticed some BMW guys put this chart together. I wonder if anyone could similarly summarize the different modes in the Supra.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 11.08.32 PM.png
I went out on a spirited drive today along with the same traffic you mentioned. I'll +1 your comments.

I did enjoy having the sport mode be Sport+. I thought it would have been too touchy (cause it is in traffic), but actually it's just very lively. I keep all the safety nannies on and they did have to step in a few times, partially due to how sensitive the throttle is - so corner exit I have a harder time modulating the throttle to not give it more beans than I have grip. I'm also still learning the car and can do more testing at Laguna Seca next weekend.
Sponsored