Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
While coding the Sport Plus mode I notice a choice for XtraBoost. I also saw this in the Japanese video. Has anyone tried to see if this changes turbo boost?

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
While coding the Sport Plus mode I notice a choice for XtraBoost. I also saw this in the Japanese video. Has anyone tried to see if this changes turbo boost?
After a quick google search, it appears to be a feature on the 330e. To what extent it does anything on pure gas powertrain is unclear.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Coded Sport plus in, been hitting twisty back roads. Definitely more aggressive rpms in all gears. Always surprised with how this gear box knows what I want to do and where I need to be in the rev range, I can its even more so in Sport plus. Sport I is definitely not as aggressive with the shift points and what not.
In sport plus at 55 it will want to stay in 5th to keep revs a bit higher rather than shift down to 6th as Sport invidual would as a reference. Imo sport plus should come standard with this car.
I'm quite sure it doesn't change the fueling or change the power as some have speculated. No noticeable difference from a dig, no noticeable difference rolling from 40. Wife did come along and has a lot of experience on the back of my 200hp tuned Superduke with multiple maps, she has always been my guinea pig for testing the feel and power as a passenger and etc of these machines and did not feel a difference In power either.
Where as with the Duke, the map switch from street to sport is very intensely noticeable.
She has spent a decent amount of time in the Supra as well.

I drive in sport traction mode I should mention. (ONE push of the TC button)
Throttle is more sensitive, but is actually welcomed for twisty back roads, can get the surge going a bit easier without having to press the pedal so far. Maybe not as great on the track, but I prefer it so far. If you're tuned you might not like the sensivity. I am stock 21 rn. (HOPEFULLY NOT FOR LONG)
Just overall more lively.
Pops and bubbles seems slightly more aggressive in sport plus, was able to get some big pops on decel after pushing her but that could also be placebo/effect of running it hard.
Thank you BimmerCode lol, now only if we could tune these 21s..

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Participated in HPDE at Laguna yesterday and pretty much drove it exclusively in Sport Plus and Sport Traction mode. I really enjoyed it. I think Sport would have been fine/same, but not needing to mess with my individual settings was good. Car's a beast.

Cool video!

Did anyone else notice based on helmet bobbles that it appeared as if a cop was trying to pit maneuver you off the track? ?

-RJM

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Only one way to find out...

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Activated Sport + on mine as well as extra boost and start in Sport, agreed with most sentiments it's a bit more responsive. Except for me it doesn't bring up the menu anymore when I switch modes, and although it says Sport Plus in the iDrive system, I don't notice any pops and stuff unless I still hit the sport button like 3 times to get Sport displayed on the dash.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
I also activated sportplus now.
There is no sportplus to set as a default startup mode.
or would the ā€œsportā€ option there now work as the ā€œsportplusā€ as this has replaced sport in the idrive menu also?

I know you can work around this bu setting up individual with sportplus on both the engine/gearbox and then select individual as startup mode but I would prefer it otherwise.

Ideally is would be:
1) startup in Sportplus
2) and be able to configure individual as you want

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
I also activated sportplus now.
There is no sportplus to set as a default startup mode.
or would the ā€œsportā€ option there now work as the ā€œsportplusā€ as this has replaced sport in the idrive menu also?

I know you can work around this bu setting up individual with sportplus on both the engine/gearbox and then select individual as startup mode but I would prefer it otherwise.

Ideally is would be:
1) startup in Sportplus
2) and be able to configure individual as you want
i have my car startup in SPORT INDIVIDUAL. My sport individual is setup sport plus.

if your car is not setup to start in sport individual, do the following.

hit sport mode, sport should dispaly in the dash. Hit sport one more time and you should be in sport individual.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Coded Sport Plus on my '21. Set it as the default for engine and transmission in Sport Individual, the mode the car starts in due to other programming. One thing I did notice is that on a cold start, with the car set to start up in Sport Individual (and hence engine in Sport Plus), the car now seems to warm up with the exhaust valve open (can anyone else confirm this if setup the same way?). Don't really care either way but that's definitely a change with this setup if what I'm hearing/seeing is true. Definitely means a louder and throatier cold start.

My thoughts in general: Absolutely changes the transmission dynamics. Downshifts more aggressively. Upshifts seems snappier, especially under partial throttle. Under WOT the car doesn't feel any different, but I had just a few good pulls as I only had about 20mins behind the wheel. As such, I couldn't really feel any "engine" changes beside the aformentioned exhaust valve being open when warming up the car (see caveat above). Subjectively, there seemed to actually be fewer crackles and pops from the exhaust when downshifting. I can usually tease a really solid bang or two from the exhaust when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd when coming to a stop, but that actually seemed more difficult to do. However, I will say again I only had a bit of time behind the wheel and really wasn't hammering on it and getting the car nice and hot, which it usually takes to make that happen in a '21. I'll keep it in this mode and do some more driving. Looking forward to the hitting the track at NCM in July.

Has anyone been brave enough to code the "Xtra Boost" mode in the BDC setting when making this change and seeing if the car feels any different?

EDIT: Never mind - found the answer to the "Xtra Boost" mode question a few posts above and doing some Googling. Doesn't look like it applies to our cars.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Thereā€™s no burble on sport plus downshifting from third to second at 4000rpm. Thatā€™s when my loudest burbles are and there isnā€™t any on sport plus.
Less burbles. I donā€™t feel a difference Iā€™m turning this off lol

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thereā€™s no burble on sport plus downshifting from third to second at 4000rpm. Thatā€™s when my loudest burbles are and there isnā€™t any on sport plus.
Less burbles. I donā€™t feel a difference Iā€™m turning this off lol
I noticed the exact same thing, although sometimes I get a single, loud, deep "bang" that feels like it's reverberating up through the floorboards. Maybe Toyota was doing something weird with the exhaust flap that's now "always open?" I'm likely going to turn this off too before I install the JB+ unless someone can show data proving there's any benefit at all. I will absolutely leave the transmission in Sport+ mode as it's definitely more aggressive.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I like having the 2nd Sport mode because I set up Sport Individual to normal suspension & trans so I can still get Sport exhaust when driving normally.

RenRed585

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE #585, Genesis Coupe 3.8 BK2
think the challenge would be how to get into Eco Pro, without a button. Our Sport button doesn't even toggle to Comfort Plus.

If we did enable Eco Pro, you'd probably have to also default your startup mode to Eco Pro in order to access it.
Tried this recently and got it to work. Can definitely feel the coasting/sailing feature at work when off the gas, similar to if youā€™ve driven anything MT and youā€™re just rolling in neutral. Maintains the speed your at a lot better vs all the other driving modes which is a plus for highway driving, but you basically have to floor it from a stop to get up to 40. Iā€™m in an area thats pretty busy 24/7 so not that useful to me but maybe for some of yā€™all who daily highways/backroads! Gives you tips on your driving too with a little indicator showing your overall miles gained.
DE3EA889-10F8-4DC9-BFC4-9AFD0C02C46B.jpeg
B694E18D-F5CA-470D-A445-E5A516232ECB.jpeg
image.jpg
Sponsored