Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Am I right that there is a Sport+ setting for transmission and engine mapping but there is NOT a Sport+ setting for either damping or steering? I ask because I am pretty sure that BMW G20/G29 have Sport+ settings for all four of these...

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Am I right that there is a Sport+ setting for transmission and engine mapping but there is NOT a Sport+ setting for either damping or steering? I ask because I am pretty sure that BMW G20/G29 have Sport+ settings for all four of these...
That's correct - only engine and transmission modes are available in the Supra.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I am liking Sport + the shifts are perfect. I keep engine on sport and transmission on Sport +

albloushi

First Name
abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 SUPRA
Does anyone try to enable the SportPlus option for Supra yet? I'm curious what difference will it be. My Friend paid for it in a workshop to get it on. He told me the significant from the exhaust sound and the pops become more aggressively in the sport plus mode.

26386-1deb29823d4adac047326615603e06d6.png

26387-90d1065ca4a906df8a92a9e9bf983c0b.png
yeah, i have installed it using BIMMERCODE at home, t(knowing that i do have a DOWNPIPE, INTAKE, and my car is TUNED) i didn't expect that i will get anything noticeable.... but when i tried it, i did get a noticeable difference and the car responded great and felt a different (to better) some other guys said that there wasn't any difference in their cars but for me, i did feel difference ??? but i got LESS POPS while the car is not driven, but once you hit the gas ??? bit more pops are there .... do i recommend it ?! as an addon (install it your self) it's worth having ....

albloushi

First Name
abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 SUPRA
So... how is this activated? I've not seen an option in Bimmercode under either Z4 or Supra...
under the Z4 (option)

BODY DOMAIN CONTROLLER
EXPORT MODE
3221 PFFESMASTER
FESSPORTWORLDMODE1
SPORTEXPERT
(then code)

continue with the below ??

HEADUNIT
3008FES
FES_SPORT_EXPERT
choose (AKTIV)
(then code)

and you are ready to go

to find it, press the SPORT button in your car
scroll to INDIVIDUAL configuration
abd you will be having SPORT PLUS for the transmission and engine ONLY (not steering and dumper)

ENJOY ????

Sloos

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Tried this recently and got it to work. Can definitely feel the coasting/sailing feature at work when off the gas, similar to if youā€™ve driven anything MT and youā€™re just rolling in neutral. Maintains the speed your at a lot better vs all the other driving modes which is a plus for highway driving, but you basically have to floor it from a stop to get up to 40. Iā€™m in an area thats pretty busy 24/7 so not that useful to me but maybe for some of yā€™all who daily highways/backroads! Gives you tips on your driving too with a little indicator showing your overall miles gained.
DE3EA889-10F8-4DC9-BFC4-9AFD0C02C46B.jpeg
B694E18D-F5CA-470D-A445-E5A516232ECB.jpeg
image.jpg
Can you explain how you did that? And how you choose the Mode? Or its only possible to have this Mode as start option and when you change the Mode while driving than you have to restart the car?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
OK, had the first autocross today after coding sport +. I set my sport individual to normal steering (I like it better, even for AX), sport dampers, and sport + engine and trans. I can tell you all there is a SUBSTANTIAL difference. The throttle response is RIGHT NOW. It's almost too quick and was harder to be precise. Until I adjusted to it I had major wheelspin and was sideways a lot more than normal. It was harder to modulate but after I got used to it, I really liked it! We had 10 runs today so I had a chance to experiment a little. For runs 6 and 7, I changed it back to normal steering and regular sport for everything else. The car felt sluggish. I really enjoyed the new settings. So, yes, I think I can pretty definitively say there are benefits to activating sport +!

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Activated it today. gee the throttle response is wicked. Benefits are that you can have normal (everything turned off) you can have sport individual (in my case suspension set to normal and transmission set to normal) and 1 click of the sport button and it turns everything on sport plus gives additional throttle response. No need to toggle through the sport individual settings while driving. it is so worth it just for the additional settings let alone the improved throttle response which is very noticeable yet still easy enough to control.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Tried this recently and got it to work. Can definitely feel the coasting/sailing feature at work when off the gas, similar to if youā€™ve driven anything MT and youā€™re just rolling in neutral. Maintains the speed your at a lot better vs all the other driving modes which is a plus for highway driving, but you basically have to floor it from a stop to get up to 40. Iā€™m in an area thats pretty busy 24/7 so not that useful to me but maybe for some of yā€™all who daily highways/backroads! Gives you tips on your driving too with a little indicator showing your overall miles gained.
DE3EA889-10F8-4DC9-BFC4-9AFD0C02C46B.jpeg
B694E18D-F5CA-470D-A445-E5A516232ECB.jpeg
image.jpg
Any news on this one? I tried to enabled it today but seem to be missing a code somewhere. I am able to see the tips and configure eco settings, but when the car is running tips say that they will only work on eco mode.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
That i did not and is most likely the issue. I did the head unit but not the body module. Explains why I couldn't find the second part.... I'll do it tomorrow if I can find it and report back.

So yes, apparently if you program the head unit only, you dont get the sport plus option by itself. You can only manually program it.
So Iā€™ve been trying to revert my BDC coding to achieve what you described... but I got stuck with the Sport plus profile showing on the screen, but itā€™s not selectable. (See pic)

906E59CD-8673-4AD0-8D29-50488F784D5E.jpeg

sport plus options still available on my sport individual config page.

@Evolution - do you only see ā€œIndividualā€ on your sport mode screen?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
So Iā€™ve been trying to revert my BDC coding to achieve what you described... but I got stuck with the Sport plus profile showing on the screen, but itā€™s not selectable. (See pic)

906E59CD-8673-4AD0-8D29-50488F784D5E.jpeg

sport plus options still available on my sport individual config page.

@Evolution - do you only see ā€œIndividualā€ on your sport mode screen?
I actually drove the Supra to work today so give me a few and I will go take a picture of my screen. I am pretty sure it only says individual on mine though.

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Go check out Thic Whips on YouTube and he has a video instructing on how to unlock this option using BimmerCode. I have it set for my car and the only sport plus options you get are for the engine and transmission. The engine has more pops and I assume just runs a little more aggressive. The biggest tell is the transmission, it definitely gets more aggressive and isnā€™t for the faint of heart.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I've got Sport+ activated; anyone knows how it runs with JB4s? I don't remember where, but I recall seeing a thread saying Sport+ didn't play well with JB4 so I want to know if I have to switch back to regular sport mode.

From my observations, the throttle is a bit more responsive, and the shifts are held longer, but I do feel like some of the pops on the overrun sometimes end up muted or weak compared to regular sport.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I've got Sport+ activated; anyone knows how it runs with JB4s? I don't remember where, but I recall seeing a thread saying Sport+ didn't play well with JB4 so I want to know if I have to switch back to regular sport mode.

From my observations, the throttle is a bit more responsive, and the shifts are held longer, but I do feel like some of the pops on the overrun sometimes end up muted or weak compared to regular sport.
Car runs fine for me with the JB4 on Sport+, shifts do seem to be crispier but I donā€™t have anything that could test that.
Sponsored