Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I love Sport+. I have a buddy with a tuned Coyote mustang. In a 40 roll race we are almost even (I’m ahead), but if I switch to Sport+ I put a couple of buses on him (to 130 mph).
Sponsored

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
What exactly are the steps to get this working and so that you can switch between it and the other modes? Would you be able to write something up in another thread maybe? ?
I spent a couple of hours making changes to a lot of different eco options. So I can't really tell which ones made it work, but in BDC advanced I searched for all eco options and turned on the ones that pointed to eco pro or eco pro individual. Then change starting mode to eco pro individual. You'll probably need to enable the eco options for your iDrive system too (At least for modifying the settings, not sure if this is required for it to work). You'll get another option below configure sport mode where you can configure all the eco options.

As someone said earlier on this thread, you can't change to the mode manually since the Supra doesn't have an eco button, that's why you need to set it up as the start option.
^^^ What mpgs did you get & what did it change exactly?
I got 35mpg on a mixed drive. But, I was never able to get pass ~30mpg doing that same trip. You can definitely feel the engine coasting, car is more in the lower rpm range, it accelerates slower, transmission is definitely more gentle (didn't try manual so no idea how manual gears feel).

I intend to make the exact same trip soon, but in normal mode to try and compare the mpg difference.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
As someone said earlier on this thread, you can't change to the mode manually since the Supra doesn't have an eco button, that's why you need to set it up as the start option.
Makes sense, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to just cycle modes with the sport button somehow, or just change to it using the idrive

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just got around to doing this after the latest recall wiped all my Bimmercode settings...Spent the morning recoding everything back...

I added Sport Plus and now have the car starting in Sport Individual mode....These settings below seem to work best for me...

Sport Individual.jpg

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I've had a few days with Sport+ mode and here are my impressions:

I don't think Sport+ is practical for those who like to use cruise control often as it remains / hangs longer in lower gears and really sucks up gas! And honestly, I find the throttle response to be a bit too sensitive to my liking...

Example: On a 20 mile trip I averaged 22.5mpg in Sport+ Mode...On the same 20 mile trip in Normal Mode I averaged 35mpg.. I did this just out of curiosity and was not surprised!

I did end up changing driving dynamic settings such that my car starts up in "Sport Individual" mode and I have "Damping" and "Transmission" set to "Normal" and have "Steering" and "Engine" set to "Sport"...

Sport+ is fun if your driving around town though!

Last edited:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I did end up changing driving dynamic settings such that my car starts up in "Sport Individual" mode and I have "Damping" and "Transmission" set to "Normal" and have "Steering" and "Engine" set to "Sport"...

Sport+ is fun if your driving around town though!
That's exactly how I have mine set up and it's a great compromise between responsiveness and efficiency IMO. I agree on Sport+ as far as fun as well. It may not be much different than the default sport settings, but if you're going to burn the gas and put some wear on the thing anyway... might as well turn it to eleven! :thumbsup:

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Coded Sport Plus on my car and my buddies A91, his A91 benefitted more off this cause when i would datalog his car, his car shifted sluggishly.. ? my car just got a tad bit faster with sport plus soo yes, Sport Plus is a must!

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I spent a couple of hours making changes to a lot of different eco options. So I can't really tell which ones made it work, but in BDC advanced I searched for all eco options and turned on the ones that pointed to eco pro or eco pro individual. Then change starting mode to eco pro individual. You'll probably need to enable the eco options for your iDrive system too (At least for modifying the settings, not sure if this is required for it to work). You'll get another option below configure sport mode where you can configure all the eco options.

I got 35mpg on a mixed drive. But, I was never able to get pass ~30mpg doing that same trip. You can definitely feel the engine coasting, car is more in the lower rpm range, it accelerates slower, transmission is definitely more gentle (didn't try manual so no idea how manual gears feel).

I intend to make the exact same trip soon, but in normal mode to try and compare the mpg difference.
How are you getting 35mpg? What are your settings?

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I was on Sport+ and actually logged it and sent it to my tuner and he noticed it instantly and asked what i changed. Then told me "I wouldn't do the sport + thing... not sure if the cal has it properly coded, and have heard others have some issues" So I turned it off. Seems if you are NOT tuned may not be a issue, but tuned cars he believes it's not great for the calibration. For me the biggest thing i noticed was the hyper sensitive throttle response.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have ECO Pro on my new vehicle. Does exactly what this article says and what @rotary heart mentioned:
https://www.bmw-me.com/en/topics/fascination-bmw/efficient-dynamics/energy-management.html
There's a superficial gauge that shows how much it's saving compared to normal mode. In junction with adaptive/active cruise control, it does wonders to fuel economy. I've not reset the trip gauge to see how much mpg on a route I'm saving, but the Eco gauge shows savings over the lifetime.
If you're DD'ing Supra and not always pushing it to the limits, you can surely benefit from this.
20211209_171132 - Copy.jpg

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
How are you getting 35mpg? What are your settings?
Note that I got that mpg on that trip, not on a whole tank.

That's what I wanna know. I be driving freeway low traffic at 70 and I only get 26-27 in normal mode.
Just as how @XtremeMaC said, I'm using eco pro on start. On the iDrive I have all the eco settings turned on. But I have dampening and steering on normal. You can definitely feel the difference and my fuel efficiency has improved a lot, here you can see the data of when I turned it on, (Ignoring the track day there)

Screenshot_20211209-190649_My Car.jpg

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Just as how @XtremeMaC said, I'm using eco pro on start. On the iDrive I have all the eco settings turned on. But I have dampening and steering on normal. You can definitely feel the difference and my fuel efficiency has improved a lot, here you can see the data of when I turned it on, (Ignoring the track day there)

Thanks for showing me!

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition

I meant to ask previously and forgot, when the car is set to start in this mode, does the first press of sport button take you to sport mode, and then second press to normal? So no way back into eco after leaving it other than turning off and on again?
Sponsored