Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
I meant to ask previously and forgot, when the car is set to start in this mode, does the first press of sport button take you to sport mode, and then second press to normal? So no way back into eco after leaving it other than turning off and on again?
That's correct
Sponsored

Reactions: JP_

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have ECO Pro on my new vehicle. Does exactly what this article says and what @rotary heart mentioned:
https://www.bmw-me.com/en/topics/fascination-bmw/efficient-dynamics/energy-management.html
There's a superficial gauge that shows how much it's saving compared to normal mode. In junction with adaptive/active cruise control, it does wonders to fuel economy. I've not reset the trip gauge to see how much mpg on a route I'm saving, but the Eco gauge shows savings over the lifetime.
If you're DD'ing Supra and not always pushing it to the limits, you can surely benefit from this.
20211209_171132 - Copy.jpg
okay so you are quoting a full fledge BMW and not an actual Supra?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
okay so you are quoting a full fledge BMW and not an actual Supra?
Yes, just confirming the ECO Pro's abilities that was mentioned here, that one can enable thru coding...

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Just as how @XtremeMaC said, I'm using eco pro on start. On the iDrive I have all the eco settings turned on. But I have dampening and steering on normal. You can definitely feel the difference and my fuel efficiency has improved a lot, here you can see the data of when I turned it on, (Ignoring the track day there)

Screenshot_20211209-190649_My Car.jpg

thatā€™s really interesting you could configure the eco pro settings. I have been wishing for comfort individual cos I like the transmission setting in comfort plus, but the suspension Is much better in comfort. Just too ā€œfloatyā€ in comfort plus, esp over bumpy highway sections.

Last edited:

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So, there is a Comfort Plus mode for the suspension but not Sport Plus? Sigh.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Comfort plus has been discussed earlier in thread. It doesn't change suspension, just trans and throttle. Not worth the change IMO.
I know thatā€™s your view, but I have driven in comfort plus mode and based on my experience the suspension settings are different compared to comfort. Itā€™s very obvious over certain speed bumps, if you take the time to test it.

Comfort plus that we activate via BimmerCode is a profile originally meant for the Z4. Even if comfort/comfort plus is meant to share the same suspension tuning, we are effectively comparing Comfort (Supra tuned) versus Comfort Plus (Z4). The cars donā€™t weigh the same and I donā€™t expect the suspension tuning to be the same either.

Last edited:

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know thatā€™s your view, but I have driven in comfort plus mode and based on my experience the suspension settings are different compared to comfort. Itā€™s very obvious over certain speed bumps, if you take the time to test it.

Comfort plus that we activate via BimmerCode is a profile originally meant for the Z4. Even if comfort/comfort plus is meant to share the same suspension tuning, we are effectively comparing Comfort (Supra tuned) versus Comfort Plus (Z4). The cars donā€™t weigh the same and I donā€™t expect the suspension tuning to be the same either.
I agree with you, I have it enabled and it definitely changes the dampening of the car. Tested with 2 different passenger without telling them that I changed anything and both asked, why is the car less rigid than before? One of them explained it as if it was on a boat.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Comfort plus has been discussed earlier in thread. It doesn't change suspension, just trans and throttle. Not worth the change IMO.
but does it make me do 35 mpg? if so - i want it.

Gives me more argument power with my wife on keeping it hhehe

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree with you, I have it enabled and it definitely changes the dampening of the car. Tested with 2 different passenger without telling them that I changed anything and both asked, why is the car less rigid than before? One of them explained it as if it was on a boat.
where in Bimmercode do I go to enable it?

can you help us out with a guide?

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

That's eco mode, not comfort mode.
where in Bimmercode do I go to enable it?

can you help us out with a guide?
I wish I could honestly, I will have to eventually re code it when I have the brake recall done. But it took me a couple of days to have it working. I eventually just searched for everything and anything that said eco in all sections and turned it on. Spent like 1 hour going one by one activating them, lol but hey it worked.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner

I can get 35 mpg in sport mode (with trans in normal however) - until I can't stand it any more at least. Just drive it like you're 75 years old and it's a Sunday afternoon.

As to why you would want to... no idea. The way you have to drive it to get anything close to 35mpg... you're better off just getting a Prius. I'm happy hitting ~25 and still having a bit of fun driving it (or ~20 and really having fun). ;)

It's very economical for a sports car... but it's never going to be as economical as a 4 cylinder or hybrid. I'd ask your wife how much she spends on shoes and call it a day.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, there is a Comfort Plus mode for the suspension but not Sport Plus? Sigh.
My guess is that Sport+ we unlock in the Supra is essentially the BMW tuned profile meant for the Z4. In that sense, it is going to be different from the Toyota tuned Sport settings.

So if you were to configure Sport Individual with
1) engine and 2) transmission to Sport+,
3) suspension and 4)steering to Sport
- it could be different from the standalone Sport+ profile. But I donā€™t feel as much difference between Sport/+ as I do when driving between Comfort/+.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's eco mode, not comfort mode.

I wish I could honestly, I will have to eventually re code it when I have the brake recall done. But it took me a couple of days to have it working. I eventually just searched for everything and anything that said eco in all sections and turned it on. Spent like 1 hour going one by one activating them, lol but hey it worked.
@rotary heart If you ever get round to doing up a guide, deserves itā€™s own thread for sure!

so to clarify, the eco mode you enabled could specify the various eco and comfort settings, similar to what we see in Sport Individual?

I can get 35 mpg in sport mode (with trans in normal however) - until I can't stand it any more at least. Just drive it like you're 75 years old and it's a Sunday afternoon.

As to why you would want to... no idea. The way you have to drive it to get anything close to 35mpg... you're better off just getting a Prius. I'm happy hitting ~25 and still having a bit of fun driving it (or ~20 and really having fun). ;)

It's very economical for a sports car... but it's never going to be as economical as a 4 cylinder or hybrid. I'd ask your wife how much she spends on shoes and call it a day.
I have to say, I like having the option for more relaxed driving. Especially when going thru heavy traffic. Even Comfort mode can get tiring. Comfort Plus is a lot smoother in jams, moving off in 2nd gear.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@rotary heart If you ever get round to doing up a guide, deserves itā€™s own thread for sure!

so to clarify, the eco mode you enabled could specify the various eco and comfort settings, similar to what we see in Sport Individual?

I have to say, I like having the option for more relaxed driving. Especially when going thru heavy traffic. Even Comfort mode can get tiring. Comfort Plus is a lot smoother in jams, moving off in 2nd gear.
Next time I code it I will write down all changed options, some of them might not be needed, but at least should get you guys started.

Yes it has some options, but you don't have an option for everything. Here's a quick video of the settings

Sponsored