Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I've gotten 35mpg in Normal mode on long trips in my 2020. 2021s get a hair less fuel economy. The only part I'd be interested is the normal plus suspension. Perhaps I didn't have a coding setting ticked is why I didn't feel a difference?

This is what I changed for Comfort Plus (earlier in thread). Maybe its needs another code.
Sponsored

Last edited:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I have to say, I like having the option for more relaxed driving. Especially when going thru heavy traffic. Even Comfort mode can get tiring. Comfort Plus is a lot smoother in jams, moving off in 2nd gear.
That's totally understandable. I personally don't find the normal Comfort mode tiring, but then again I avoid jams like Ebola outbreaks. I often drive a 60 mile run of highway that's fairly new and smooth so it would be interesting to see just how smooth it would feel with the Comfort Plus selection.

Everything is just a matter of perspective, of course. I'm coming from a Lexus RC-F with a suspension that compressed my spine every time I drove over something thicker than a piece of paper and couldn't even reach 19mpg on ECO setting... downhill... with a tailwind. :rolleyes:

After driving that for a couple years... the Supra feels insanely comfortable and economical - even in Sport mode.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I didn't notice the coding instructions for Sport+ get amended/updated since the recall - wondering if we're just unable to successfully code it in as before or did I glance over the updated instructions? Thanks!

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I didn't notice the coding instructions for Sport+ get amended/updated since the recall - wondering if we're just unable to successfully code it in as before or did I glance over the updated instructions? Thanks!
Correct me if I misunderstood, but all your Bimmercode changes will be wiped during the recall and you will need to redo them.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Correct me if I misunderstood, but all your Bimmercode changes will be wiped during the recall and you will need to redo them.
That's right, but the process is identical. Takes 15 minutes all over again.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That's right, but the process is identical. Takes 15 minutes all over again.
The gap for me is what worked before for Sport Plus isn't 100% the same now. What I'm unable to do, compared to before is select Sport Plus in the main menu. I can select Sport Plus for individual items in Sport Individual mode though.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
The gap for me is what worked before for Sport Plus isn't 100% the same now. What I'm unable to do, compared to before is select Sport Plus in the main menu. I can select Sport Plus for individual items in Sport Individual mode though.
did you skip the Body Domain Controller coding step? I did that once to avoid adding the sport plus program in the main menu.

Last edited:

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
did you skip the Body Domain Controller coding step? I did that once to avoid adding the sport plus program in the main menu.
I'll double check tomorrow. I'll basically run through the same steps again and see if something didn't stick. Everything worked well the first time I did it prior to the recall and I'm using the same saved instructions.

It's not the worst thing the way it is programmed now...either way I'd be fine with it.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The second settling either didnā€™t stick or I simply didnā€™t follow through on it. Either way I blame myself. Thanks yā€™all.
Twitchy throttle is back in business.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I've gotten 35mpg in Normal mode on long trips in my 2020. 2021s get a hair less fuel economy. The only part I'd be interested is the normal plus suspension. Perhaps I didn't have a coding setting ticked is why I didn't feel a difference?

This is what I changed for Comfort Plus (earlier in thread). Maybe its needs another code.
@Motorknut or @rotary heart or anyone else code Comfort Plus and have the exact codes? What I did was above but wanted to make sure I didn't miss any. I'll be getting the car out for the season and can try it out! Thanks!

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
@Motorknut or @rotary heart or anyone else code Comfort Plus and have the exact codes? What I did was above but wanted to make sure I didn't miss any. I'll be getting the car out for the season and can try it out! Thanks!
Looks right to me. One change for the body domain controller, another for the head unit.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
@rotary heart If you ever get round to doing up a guide, deserves itā€™s own thread for sure!

so to clarify, the eco mode you enabled could specify the various eco and comfort settings, similar to what we see in Sport Individual?

I have to say, I like having the option for more relaxed driving. Especially when going thru heavy traffic. Even Comfort mode can get tiring. Comfort Plus is a lot smoother in jams, moving off in 2nd gear.
Took me forever, but here's the thread: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/coding-eco-mode.13482/

Hywired

First Name
Vago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium ā€œTurbulence Grayā€
Sport+Plus Mode SUCKS and is GREAT! Waitā€¦What??

What I came away with coding in the SPORT+PLUS MODE and testing it out for a week.

I just coded the Sport+Plus Mode in to my 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium. After a week of testing each mode: NORMAL / SPORT / SPORT+PLUSā€¦ I do have an outcome.

Talking Points:

Sport+Plus mode seems to be mapped like this: 40% Normal Mode. 40% Sport Mode and 20% Additional remapping of the transmissions (5% upshifting 15% downshifting).

When you set the car in Sport+Plus mode and just start driving normal it drives like youā€™re in Normal Mode but SOUNDING as if youā€™re in Sport Mode. Then if I start to drive aggressively it feels like ā€œSport Modeā€ but the down shifts hit a lot harder and feel more extremeā€¦.

Hereā€™s the confusionā€¦as soon as I start driving normal again (speed limit) it goes back to feeling like Iā€™m in Normal Mode (less power feel), BUT keeps the SOUND of Sport Mode. This was so confusing in the beginning of testing these 3 MODES. After I figured it out, it all started making sense.

The only way I can explain this is imagine if you never heard of coding Sport+Plus mode into your supra.

Now imagine, out of the blue, if youā€™re just cruising down the road (speed limit) driving in ā€œSport Modeā€ but the car physically drove like you were in Normal Mode (sound of Sport Mode was still there) wouldnā€™t you be concerned. So being concerned you start to give it some gas and drive a little more aggressively and suddenly the car ā€œSprings-Back-To-Lifeā€ with full power. Now not being concerned anymore you went back to just cruising down the road then again get the feeling as if the car lost power and up shifted into cruising like you were in NORMAL MODE.

I think this is why a lot of people canā€™t tell if ā€œSport+Plus Modeā€ sucks or is greatā€¦.. itā€™s actually a little bit of both.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Sport+Plus Mode SUCKS and is GREAT! Waitā€¦What??

What I came away with coding in the SPORT+PLUS MODE and testing it out for a week.

I just coded the Sport+Plus Mode in to my 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium. After a week of testing each mode: NORMAL / SPORT / SPORT+PLUSā€¦ I do have an outcome.

Talking Points:

Sport+Plus mode seems to be mapped like this: 40% Normal Mode. 40% Sport Mode and 20% Additional remapping of the transmissions (5% upshifting 15% downshifting).

When you set the car in Sport+Plus mode and just start driving normal it drives like youā€™re in Normal Mode but SOUNDING as if youā€™re in Sport Mode. Then if I start to drive aggressively it feels like ā€œSport Modeā€ but the down shifts hit a lot harder and feel more extremeā€¦.

Hereā€™s the confusionā€¦as soon as I start driving normal again (speed limit) it goes back to feeling like Iā€™m in Normal Mode (less power feel), BUT keeps the SOUND of Sport Mode. This was so confusing in the beginning of testing these 3 MODES. After I figured it out, it all started making sense.

The only way I can explain this is imagine if you never heard of coding Sport+Plus mode into your supra.

Now imagine, out of the blue, if youā€™re just cruising down the road (speed limit) driving in ā€œSport Modeā€ but the car physically drove like you were in Normal Mode (sound of Sport Mode was still there) wouldnā€™t you be concerned. So being concerned you start to give it some gas and drive a little more aggressively and suddenly the car ā€œSprings-Back-To-Lifeā€ with full power. Now not being concerned anymore you went back to just cruising down the road then again get the feeling as if the car lost power and up shifted into cruising like you were in NORMAL MODE.

I think this is why a lot of people canā€™t tell if ā€œSport+Plus Modeā€ sucks or is greatā€¦.. itā€™s actually a little bit of both.
Interesting, is this with the full "plus" setting or individual with engine and trans set to plus?