Sport Plus mode activated but benefits?

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Ok I coded it but I don't think Supra is setup for it. The traction control light should turn on in Sport Plus since its in "traction mode" but it doesn't. So I coded it back to stock. I did eliminate the stability control popup though. Posted in other Coding thread.
any updates on this?
can I have sport for no pops
and sport + with pops
any insights?
Sponsored

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
any updates on this?
and sport + with pops
any insights?
You can have Sport with no pops. Just turn Engine to Normal in Sport Individual.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah but I want a quick switch to sport to sport+
is that even possible?
No Sport+ will need to be selected on screen menu. Donā€™t think button will work.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
any updates on this?
and sport + with pops
any insights?
S+ is at minimum Sport mode but not configurable, not sure why someone would go back and 'turn it off'. Gives you Sport mode to mess around with. I changed Sport mode to regular suspension and comfort trans so it pops much less

Yes S+ works with Button. Sport 1 press = sport+, sport press 2 = Individual, Sport press 3 = back to comfort.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
S+ is at minimum Sport mode but not configurable, not sure why someone would go back and 'turn it off'. Gives you Sport mode to mess around with. I changed Sport mode to regular suspension and comfort trans so it pops much less

Yes S+ works with Button. Sport 1 press = sport+, sport press 2 = Individual, Sport press 3 = back to comfort.
Good to know. I'm gonna try this. Thanks!

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I must be missing a code because on mine I canā€™t get to Sport+ with button. Also even if I select Sport plus options in sport individual TC light doesnā€™t come on. I did notice a slight throttle sensitivity increase for engine but nothing different for trans.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I must be missing a code because on mine I canā€™t get to Sport+ with button. Also even if I select Sport plus options in sport individual TC light doesnā€™t come on. I did notice a slight throttle sensitivity increase for engine but nothing different for trans.
You must code the BDC portion for the buttons to work; at least that's what made the difference in my vehicle. It's the second screenshot OP provided. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/sport-plus-mode-activated-but-benefits.5333/post-113671

BTW this worked for me. At a minimum it gives me a third mode to mess around with. Initial impressions - somewhat similar to my buddies with an M2 tell me - it makes the throttle response mapping super sensitive...so I may call it the head banging mode.

Like most of these kind of coding changes, it's just adjusting the throttle curve - no actual power gains...

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^ Thanks I actually did but didnā€™t realize it changed because it doesn't show Sport Plus on dash & I had the center screen popup turned off. I looked in instrument cluster ecu but didn't see anything there to turn on "plus". Anyone else find something? I guess I'll have to keep the popup on now in center screen to know which Sport I am in.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
^^^ Thanks I actually did but didnā€™t realize it changed because it doesn't show Sport Plus on dash & I had the center screen popup turned off. I looked in instrument cluster ecu but didn't see anything there to turn on "plus". Anyone else find something? I guess I'll have to keep the popup on now in center screen to know which Sport I am in.
Gotcha. It should follow the same logic with the pop-up notification active or inactive, but you're right it doesn't show anywhere else which-sport mode you're in. I have my car coded to start in Sport Individual which is mostly what I'll keep using anyways...it's just nice to have that extra mode as an option.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I coded Normal (Comfort) PLUS with similar codes below. I can't say I notice a difference from regular Normal mode. Let me know if you guys try it & feel any difference. I'll be making a video about all these codes but not sure if I'm going to include the comfort plus mode.

FeatureECUMenuSubMenuSetting
NORMAL (Comfort) PLUS ModeBody Domain Controller3221 PfFesMasterFesComfortWorldMode1ComfortPlus
Headunit3008 FESFES_COMFORT_PLUSaktiv
IMG_8710.jpg

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

Iā€™ve coded both Sport plus and Comfort plus . I can now access Sport plus as a non-configurable mode, and have the additional setting available under Sport individual for engine and transmission.

Sport button toggles between:
  1. Sport plus
  2. Sport individual
  3. Normal (standard)
But I can only access Comfort plus under the Normal menu. The Sport button wonā€™t toggle between Normal sub-modes. Guess itā€™s labeled ā€œSportā€ for a reason!

026DADDB-4761-46AD-B810-3536F9D4BBFC.jpeg

D5D7F370-B787-47B3-8810-203E24D79437.jpeg

Comfort plus transmission setup seems similar to my old BMWs normal mode, noticeably how it moves off in 2nd gear. Thereā€™s also steering and attenuation coding to be done.

Last edited:

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^ Same I can only access Comfort Plus through center screen. I didn't notice trans starting in 2nd gear, it was same as Normal. I was hoping suspension would get more compliant but didn't feel a difference.
Sponsored