Supra Track Day Prep

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I've got my first track day (sort of -- an HPDE all day lesson) for my stock '21 Supra coming up in 2 weeks. I'm at 5800 miles (still on the stock tires), and had an oil change done about 1200 miles ago. Anything I should get sorted out before taking it on the track? I've never done a track day before, so I'm not sure what to really check for.
Sponsored

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
I've got my first track day (sort of -- an HPDE all day lesson) for my stock '21 Supra coming up in 2 weeks. I'm at 5800 miles (still on the stock tires), and had an oil change done about 1200 miles ago. Anything I should get sorted out before taking it on the track? I've never done a track day before, so I'm not sure what to really check for.
Alignment and make sure you have the proper PPE and a fire extinguisher just in case. It's hot now and if you went into high dry grass it does catch fire easily

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
It's very likely the organization you've signed up for HPDE has a guide and checklist of items you are required to do/have and recommendations too.

There's a forum section for driving events too: https://www.supramkv.com/forums/tracking-autocross-hpde-drifting.23/

For your first time, hopefully you'll have an instructor, and you can go in a bone stock car. Make sure you take advantage of the free HPDE that comes with your Supra too. https://grsupra.drivenasa.com/

Have fun, be safe, and keep the ego at the track entry gates.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
As far as car wise, nothing. just check to make sure you have good tread (no puncture, of course) on tire as well as pressure.

as for you, try to have a good night sleep the night before.
Agree 100%...
don't worry about anything other then a helmet and having fun..

No need to worry about car set other then good tires as @nibble said..

Do bring a quart of oil just encase..

Drink lots of water the day before and lots of water the day of...believe it or not driving on track is very fatiguing, so rest before the event...

Have fun n be safe...this for many becomes an addiction...
Myself included...been doing HPDE for 10+yrs..

Steve

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Thanks guys for the advice. I'll have an instructor, so looking forward to that. I've also reached out to the coordinators to see if they recommend things you mentioned, like oil. The current recommendation is mainly just air pumps and a full tank since there's no on-site pump.

As for the Supra complimentary HPDE, I'm in Washington, and I don't see anything for Pacific Raceways on the site. Hopefully one pops up soon. Otherwise, I might have to plan a road trip to California for an event.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Thanks guys for the advice. I'll have an instructor, so looking forward to that. I've also reached out to the coordinators to see if they recommend things you mentioned, like oil. The current recommendation is mainly just air pumps and a full tank since there's no on-site pump.

As for the Supra complimentary HPDE, I'm in Washington, and I don't see anything for Pacific Raceways on the site. Hopefully one pops up soon. Otherwise, I might have to plan a road trip to California for an event.

Most important thing is to be safe and HAVE FUN!

Steve

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

One more thing.. Actually, 2 objectives I give to all student I have..

1. Go home with same car you came with.
2. Have fun.

you cannot achieve obj. #2 without achieving #1. have TCS on. No reason to take risk in HPDE. ;)
Sponsored