• Total voters

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’ve driven both. C8 feels faster jumping but past 80 mph it’s severely hurting to continue to climb in speed.
Obviously it would destroy any Supra out there on a track but at rolling it all comes down to mods.
Sponsored

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I’ve driven both. C8 feels faster jumping but past 80 mph it’s severely hurting to continue to climb in speed.
Obviously it would destroy any Supra out there on a track but at rolling it all comes down to mods.
Yeah I'd take an optioned up C8 over my Supra just about any day. I love my Supra but to even hint at it being a better car simply because with more mods it is faster in a straight line from a roll... Brain damage. Roll racing is the least fun, least skilled, and least illustrative of a car's performance you can possibly participate in.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
That's quite an exaggeration in how much power is needed to beat that C8 in a rolling race . The mods are in the topic. The Supra makes around +50hp and over 100tq more than the C8 while weighting 150-200lbs less stock. Definitely don't need 700hp or anywhere close to it to beat a c8 in a rolling race.

On a side note the video title is click bait and I'd down vote it just for that. ?
Don't get me wrong I love my Supra and would rather have it than a C8. That being said, I don't see the Supra beating the C8 even with an extra 50hp and 100tq knowing how the C8 drives after I drove it a full day in the streets of Miami. The C8 really has my respect after many launches and hitting very high speeds. I would really think about renting a C8 on Turo or a rental company to see what all the hypes about. C7 and C8 are completely different cars please know that with due respect.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
From what I have seen, the Supra will blow away most cars off the line. Once those V8's get on the upside of the power curve, they will pull away from the Supra. In 1/8 mile, the Supra will shine. On a 1/4 mile, its not as clear cut.

PockyProtector

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2006 STi
I don’t understand how people even have an argument in any of this. E50/DP Supra (no other mods) will walk a C8 in a roll race. There are numerous videos out there on this. Even the guys at LG Motorsports, who work on both platforms and own one of each, stated their Botti tuned/ DP only Supra walked their shop C8.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Huh, I honestly thought the c8 weighed less than the 6cylinder MKV.
It’s because GM published the curb weight of the C8 without fluids (Dry weight). It’s pretty misleading. Car and Driver weighed the the C8 with fluids and it’s nearly 300lbs more than a V6 Supra. Which makes sense since the C8 is a lot bigger. It’s actaully bigger than a 911 that has backseats.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Yeah I'd take an optioned up C8 over my Supra just about any day. I love my Supra but to even hint at it being a better car simply because with more mods it is faster in a straight line from a roll... Brain damage
Brain "dead" more like it........stock vs stock, Supra is done. Of course, if you mod the Supra, now you have a race but without mods and drivers are equally capable, Supra is going to lose no matter how you slice it......video after video is "eye candy" at a minimum....come on peeps, I love my Supra as much as I have ever loved a car but am I going to go hunting HellCats, Porsches, C8's, etc.......????

HELL NO.....not why I purchased the car.

These same "lapses in judgement", were all over the Stinger forums when it first came out.....video after video of street "kills" which didn't mean a darn thing as to how the cars actually performed......The Stinger found out as will the Supra, at some point, there will be a faster car.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
It’s because GM published the curb weight of the C8 without fluids (Dry weight). It’s pretty misleading. Car and Driver weighed the the C8 with fluids and it’s nearly 300lbs more than a V6 Supra. Which makes sense since the C8 is a lot bigger. It’s actaully bigger than a 911 that has backseats.
YADA, YADA, YADA.....

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brain "dead" more like it........stock vs stock, Supra is done. Of course, if you mod the Supra, now you have a race but without mods and drivers are equally capable, Supra is going to lose no matter how you slice it......video after video is "eye candy" at a minimum....come on peeps, I love my Supra as much as I have ever loved a car but am I going to go hunting HellCats, Porsches, C8's, etc.......????

HELL NO.....not why I purchased the car.

These same "lapses in judgement", were all over the Stinger forums when it first came out.....video after video of street "kills" which didn't mean a darn thing as to how the cars actually performed......The Stinger found out as will the Supra, at some point, there will be a faster car.
C8 better be faster. I ordered a Z51, 2LT, magnetic ride, red calipers, coupe, etc. With the price increases it was pushing $80K. I paid $52K and change on a loaded new 3.0 Premium ($58k MSRP).

It’s really an apples and oranges comparison.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
It’s really an apples and oranges comparison.
YEP!!!! Did you get a delivery date on the C8? I ask because my Co. manufactures many of the interior components and our shipments have been all over the place due to staggering the production schedule at the plant.....you may be in for a little wait......

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
YEP!!!! Did you get a delivery date on the C8? I ask because my Co. manufactures many of the interior components and our shipments have been all over the place due to staggering the production schedule at the plant.....you may be in for a little wait......
I was supposed to get an April allocation.. Then a May allocation.. Then it was confirmed by my dealer I was #1 in line for one of their June allocations. Then GM pulled the rug out and cancelled June allocations and pushed me to a 2022 MY car. Which means I’m looking at a November delivery in New England at the earliest.

After some soul searching I decided I really don’t want another bigger, heavier American car. My last three cars were a Shelby C7 Z51, GT350, and Camaro SS1LE. The Savagegeese review and Jason Camissa reviews of the C8 really concerned me. Historically I have prefer smaller, lighter cars. I really wanted a Cayman GT 4.0 or GTS 4.0. But prices are insane and dealers have no allocations. Almost bought a lightly used 718 S but man that 4 cylinder was a turn off.

Test drove the Supra and it was love at first drive.

I still want a GTS 4.0 Cayman but I will wait for the used prices to correct or we will see what the new Z06 has to offer. But I’m really leaning towards keeping the Supra and getting a project Lotus Elise. Super light, and has a manual trans, and manual steering rack.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I was supposed to get an April allocation.. Then a May allocation.. Then it was confirmed by my dealer I was #1 in line for one of their June allocations. Then GM pulled the rug out and cancelled June allocations and pushed me to a 2022 MY car. Which means I’m looking at a November delivery in New England at the earliest.
Figured as much......Our QC contact said production would be down 'til July....probably after the 4th holiday.....

But I’m really leaning towards keeping the Supra and getting a project Lotus Elise. Super light, and has a manual trans, and manual steering rack.
Is that the Lotus with the Toyota-built 6cylinder?

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
@Babayaga Supra Persistently retarded?

BY is active here - he likely posts more Supra comparative content than anyone around. Owns likely the quickest DP+tune A90 as well. Take it easy tough guy - we are all friends
AHAHAH IDK why this guy is so mad

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Um... 60mph roll racing dictates which is the better sports car? That channel is persistently retarded.
uhhh what? LOL

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
@Babayaga Supra Persistently retarded?

BY is active here - he likely posts more Supra comparative content than anyone around. Owns likely the quickest DP+tune A90 as well. Take it easy tough guy - we are all friends
This wasn't my supra but mine own supra I believe has the record for fastest 60 to 130 with just a DP and tune stock weight

7.4 which isn't bad at all TBH
Sponsored