The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
Guff, I sold my first Supra to put a down payment on a house about 4 years ago, It was so hard to let it go but i knew it was for the right reason and never came close to regretting it.

It was over 3 years before i ended up in a Supra, but worth it for sure! Good luck with the house!

Yeah tell me about it dude! Longest I've been without an MKIV Supra in the last decade or so has been maybe 6-7 months. Let's see if I can break the record this time around. :confused: My new neighbor has a 94 Baltic Hardtop NA-5spd though. and I have a 7675, a 6765, and a full GTE shortblock in the garage, and I have always wanted a hardtop... :doh:

Thanks man! I hate all this grown up stuff, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't 100% worth it. Cars will come and go, but this house ticked so many of the boxes for my family, that it'll for sure be one we're in for a very long time. Plus the garage is bigger, so that's fun. ;)
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Yup.. I’d sell all my other cars but will never part with the Supra or the Viper. My son will take it over and will make sure to have him pass it down to later generations.

I’ve had my car since I was 20yrs old. I’ve made way too many memories to trade it for some measly dollars.

Here is my son’s first Supra...

C9181805-6770-40AC-94E6-B5668C41FA3B.jpeg

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
i was gonna get a white MKIV, but then i realized others would want to get their hands on it as well

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I voted yes, but that's sort of a lie. I already sold my MKIV, not to buy a Supra, but rather to buy a house. Lame, I know. But I will likely forego buying another MKIV Supra in the next year or so to likely purchase an MKV, assuming I haven't drowned in mortgage payments.
In the same boat as you, the significant other is asking me to sell off the sports cars for us to get a house. Although, the other end of the agreement is she gets whatever house we both like and can't complain about the car I get in the future. I think it's a good pay off at least for now, maybe I'll be ready again by the facelift time.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I'd have to dump at least one of the cars and probably the Tundra, unless I dumped two cars (unlikely)...

JZA70 2.5 TTR
ST205 GT4
Tundra TRD Pro
Q50 Red Sport

I guess maybe the Q50 alone would suffice, but I dunno still on the fence.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
I'd have to dump at least one of the cars and probably the Tundra, unless I dumped two cars (unlikely)...

JZA70 2.5 TTR
ST205 GT4
Tundra TRD Pro
Q50 Red Sport

I guess maybe the Q50 alone would suffice, but I dunno still on the fence.
ST205 nice! Didn't know more people here had them. Let alone you. special car that.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yessir! awesome and decently rare for most of the world.

I'd honestly entertain swapping it for a clean kouki SW20, but otherwise it's staying forever lol.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
To those special thankful 3 who owns the MK4.
Let me know. I'm here
You looking to buy an MKIV? I think a few of us have cars for sale. I'm brokering a 97 TT 6-spd if you're interested. Haven't listed it as I'm still preparing it but PM me if you are looking for one.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm the same. Could never sell the A80 or A61, but maybe the A70.... but it's a budget build and good track car so not worth it.

Only way for me to get one on release would to sell the C63.... and that's a very, very special car, so the A90 will need to be just as absurd.

EDub

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Mark II
Trust me, every panel on that car was mangled in some way. It needed a door on the other side.