The Supra is more Z car than the new Nissan Z...

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
OP
OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yea.....someone just posted that article in this thread earlier on. That article doesn't even talk about it's headline. It doesn't address and fun/price comparisons. It just says the Nissan employee likes the Z and owns a GTR.
eating popcorn.gif

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
In terms of styling, I've always gotten Dodge Viper vibes from the Supra.
YES I thought I was the only one - other car friends think I'm nuts but 2 friends WITH VIPERS also see it.....

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I had a 370Z for 8-9years before I sold it to a buddy of mine. When I sat in the GR Supra for the first time, it did kind of remind me of my old 370Z, but was so much nicer inside and side mirrors weren't so huge I can actually see over them when I sat deep in my relaxing GT-style driving position. Not having to have to lean forward is nice. And the power.. night/day faster in the GR Supra vs the NA VQ in the 370Z.

I'm a MT guy too, but as you might've seen, I prefer slower 4 banger turbo's for MT driving on street. It's just more fun. I don't mind driving my GR Supra with the ZF8. I think it's a great match for the engine and power. Heck the Supra is all about good looks and speed.. ZF is the proper tranny.
Agree on the night/day difference between 370Z and Supra in terms of feeling "fast'. I drove an A/T 370Z before I upgraded to the Supra and owned both at the same time for a while, so got a lot of chances for back-to-back comparisons. The 370Z was tuned + good tires but otherwise stock. 370Z just felt like sluggish compared to how eager and fast the power delivery was in the Supra, along with lack of low end, instant torque.

I'm sure the new A/T in the Z is better than whatever crap the 370Z had, but it definitely doesn't come remotely close to the ZF8 from what I've seen.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
GR Supra’s takes on poles as in pole position repetitively.

Nissan Z’s are Japanese Mustangs that take out poles.. as in light poles.

:crazy:

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
kind of lengthy but ouch Nissan 3 seconds a lap? I have always like Randy's car feed back that guy looks like he loves his life!

UCLAKoolman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
kind of lengthy but ouch Nissan 3 seconds a lap? I have always like Randy's car feed back that guy looks like he loves his life!

Yep... this video has its own thread on here. 3 second gap is pretty huge for that small test track.

Car and Driver has also been fairly vocal about the Z's deficiencies too in multiple comparison articles. People on the Z's forum are taking it personal.

This is not the 'Supra Killer' they were hoping for! The Z still looks nice to me, but it would definitely be a downgrade from my current ride.
Sponsored