The Toyota Supra Owner's Club Event featuring Tetsuya Tada & the A90 (photos/videos)

Which Supra do you think looks the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Interesting. I have been considering heading down to Vegas. Hmm...

Jeff

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
I just wanted to stir the pot a bit, since Tada loves doing it so much haha. I can't say anything remotely helpful though aside from that (maybe eventually, but long ways out).

I wouldn't share any of it on any Lexus forum though. No reason and I don't have much of an emotional connection to this project even though it's pretty neat.
"A pretty neat project", I wonder what that actually is.

P.S. our balls are getting more blue than ever.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Tada also elaborated, saying the four-cylinder Supra will be lighter, with "much better weight distribution" and a sharper-feeling turn-in. Tada also remarked that, for the Supra owners who plan to swap in a 2JZ engine, "please buy the four-cylinder. It will be cheaper."

Thanks for the link MLG!!! I would love to know if there is a 2JZ MKV lurking somewhere through some TMC "skunkworks." Imagine, a modern chassis with a legendary 2JZ....ohhhhh the possibilities.

This also might hint that Toyota may start reproducing discontinued 2JZ parts??? I know, it's wishful thinking, but gotta stay positive.
It would be amazing if Toyota produce brand new 2JZ longblocks and the V160 transmission since they are getting harder to find.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Really? Would people prefer another I-6 M Sport engine over a 2JZ?
Beyonce looks out at her beautiful(ly ugly riced) Supra Turbo and wonders when her husband will be back. Then the doorbell rings. She rushes to the door. There stands her man, with someone who looks exactly like him. "2 JZs?" she exclaims. "You've been GTing on mE!"

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm just curious to see what the future holds... if there was a new I6 developed with all the good things from the 2JZ taken on board...

I mean, the JZ are an evolution of the 7MGTE really aren't they.... and look how good they turned out.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
I'm just curious to see what the future holds... if there was a new I6 developed with all the good things from the 2JZ taken on board...

I mean, the JZ are an evolution of the 7MGTE really aren't they.... and look how good they turned out.
I wouldn't classify the JZ as an evolution of the 7M-GTE. They share very little in terms of design beyond what is similar to have a DOHC L6 (and a similar valvetrain setup, which was common across most Toyota engines at the time).

I'm sure lessons learned from the 7M were taken into account when designing the JZ, but it really is a very different design and far more modern in many ways.

Jeff

EDub

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Mark II
Really? Would people prefer another I-6 M Sport engine over a 2JZ?
If this motor is the CGI block, Toyota codeveloped six that I keep hearing about, then it's gonna be a beast, no doubt about it
Exactly. I mean I love the JZ family of engines, but I'm also not looking to buy a $50,000 car so I can put a 20 year old engine from a written off Toyota Aristo into it lol. If I was going to do that I could just stick with what I have already.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
When's the GR Super Sport coming and will it be less than 7 figures? Will the V6 be the same family as the LS500 motor or will it be closer to the LMP1 car? K thanks bye.
it's the literal LMP1 V6, They want it to be 1000HP

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
it sounds like nothing juicy was given out. :(

I wonder how long it will be before this front bumper design is copied by the aftermarket industry to fit onto the Toyota 86. (They did it with the LFA, so I bet they'll copy this too!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't classify the JZ as an evolution of the 7M-GTE. They share very little in terms of design beyond what is similar to have a DOHC L6 (and a similar valvetrain setup, which was common across most Toyota engines at the time).

I'm sure lessons learned from the 7M were taken into account when designing the JZ, but it really is a very different design and far more modern in many ways.

Jeff
Failure is the stepping stone (7M) for success (JZ).

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
If this motor is the CGI block, Toyota codeveloped six that I keep hearing about, then it's gonna be a beast, no doubt about it
Guff, I am all for new technology. I joke when I say a 2JZ in a MKV...lol. My current 2JZ build has maybe 50% OEM components??? Everything else is aftermarket which is what I really focused on with my next car. I want there to be extensive aftermarket support, however, I want the "foundation" components to be solid (block, head, crank, etc...). Main reason I love the 2JZ so damn much is its foundation.

On another note, I heard (and this may be a rumor or false info) that the MKV Supra's fuel system is high ethanol fuel compatible. Not talking about the car being flex fuel, but I heard the fuel system will be able to handle high ethanol content fuels??? Can anyone confirm this??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.