Throttle hesitation

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Went to the dealership today and guess what.. they refused to update anything, didn't even check the firmware version, and didn't even look at the logs. Took me on a drive instead where I obviously couldn't replicate the issue.

No evidence = no warranty service.

My next move is to contact Toyota, which, apparently, the dealership can't do on my behalf 😤
I would look at another dealership. Most Toyota dealers hate the Supra. It's a nightmare for them from a service perspective. I have been super lucky and have a great relationship with mine. About as accommodating as possible with this car. Of course it probably helps that the Supra tech there also owns a 10 second Supra ;)

Seriously, though, I would explore a better service department.
Sponsored

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
My next move is to contact Toyota, which, apparently, the dealership can't do on my behalf 😤
You're likely going to be send back to the dealership because they are considered to be the first-line of defense *cough* support for Toyota corporate.

That is such a bad experience. Any dealer that has the required software and battery tender/charger should be able to update the vehicle very quickly. It only requires a hook-up and leaving the car alone for a while (I think about 2,5h). It costs them nothing, except for Toyota ISTA licensing fees.

I would even go as far to say this was negligence from that dealer. Logs should be sent to Toyota to atleast inform them of a possible dangerous issue (if they aren't already informed internally at corporate).

Reactions: tjk

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I would even go as far to say this was negligence from that dealer. Logs should be sent to Toyota to atleast inform them of a possible dangerous issue (if they aren't already informed internally at corporate).
That's my expectations as well. I simply lost time today and achieved nothing while listening to them saying how they "would love to do work on the car, but can't without the evidence, following the protocol blah blah".

I've been told they service about 20 supras in there which I doubt and also tells me that this can really be the first time they face this issue.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Checked for errors myself. I am on S18T-21-7-519 firmware.

These two happened when the car stalled:
E12C4D: DSC interface (lane slope, 0x163): signal invalid
80334C: Multi-turn loss detected
photo_2022-10-19 15.54.13.jpeg
photo_2022-10-19 15.54.15.jpeg

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Looks like it is a TC issue and that explains why it doesn't happen as often anymore after turning off TC

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Looks like it is a TC issue and that explains why it doesn't happen as often anymore after turning off TC
Pretty sure it is as it happens every time when a) one of the wheels gets in the air when going reverse on a slope b) when the throttle is pushed.
If I just roll down without pressing the pedal, it will be ok, no issues.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I had those same error codes in my error memory. I wasn't checking the codes for the topic of this thread though, was for other reasons. But I do experience the hesitation from time to time. Recently experienced it multiple times in a row simply from driving off casually from a stop light. So, not too sure about the triggers of this issue.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Someone from Toyota USA called me today and said the case can't be escalated any higher and all they can do at the moment is "document it". Lol.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Someone from Toyota USA called me today and said the case can't be escalated any higher and all they can do at the moment is "document it". Lol.
That's some bullshit! Find another dealership! Worst case, I'll give you the number to my service advisor. It's a bit of a hike out here from LA, but they'll take care of you.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
@CarGuy11 @consultadrone I tried and they said I need to demonstrate the issue to them first. That was after the rest of the bullshit they gave me, so they were already fed up with me and so was I with them. And also they said that in case there is something with CarPlay then only the module related to it will get updated 😆 And that was the head of their service team

@consultadrone thanks, I'll DM you if I won't find a better place nearby

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I do have to report something new that I think may be related to this latest update. Twice, yesterday, my car made a loud, almost purge-like sound. First time it happened, while slowly coming to a red light with the windows open, it sounded like the rear driver-side tire suddenly and rapidly deflated. Startled the crap out of me. Second time it happened after I parked the car in the garage, had shut it down and was grabbing bags from the trunk. Almost sounded like the EVAP system purging or releasing pressure??? Never heard it before. Anyone else?
I've heard it... but never while driving. Should be pretty rare to have a need to purge during operation - but it's possible it's happened and just not been audible inside the car.

As far as in the garage... yep, heard it on every car I've owned in the past 15 years at least. It nearly caused a "code brown" when it happened late at night and I was working under the car near the rear axle. :eek:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Haven't posted a while since I always turn traction control 1 click off everytime I start the car and havent had it pop up since. Today, with it one click off, I got the hesitation for the first time! Car showed all the way warm when fired up (sitting for 2 hours). Did it's normal warm up cycle, let it come down to normal idle, put it in reverse, gave it a tiny bit of gas and it started stumbling. Backed out, put it in drive and same thing. Got to my next complete stop 100ft away, back to normal. Am I the first to say it still happens when traction control is 1 click off!?

• Wow
Reactions: B54

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Haven't posted a while since I always turn traction control 1 click off everytime I start the car and havent had it pop up since. Today, with it one click off, I got the hesitation for the first time! Car showed all the way warm when fired up (sitting for 2 hours). Did it's normal warm up cycle, let it come down to normal idle, put it in reverse, gave it a tiny bit of gas and it started stumbling. Backed out, put it in drive and same thing. Got to my next complete stop 100ft away, back to normal. Am I the first to say it still happens when traction control is 1 click off!?
1 click is not off, it’s sport traction, isn’t it?
If you have bimmerlink, try checking error codes
Sponsored