Throttle hesitation

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
1 click is not off, it’s sport traction, isn’t it?
If you have bimmerlink, try checking error codes
Yes, 1 click off technically is TCS still on but limited. But it has seemed to be the fix for the throttle hesitation, until today. I don't have any codes.
Sponsored

SkySupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Yes, 1 click off technically is TCS still on but limited. But it has seemed to be the fix for the throttle hesitation, until today. I don't have any codes.
We'll probably need the new update from Toyota to fix the issue completely, but at least having TC off seems to reduce the chances of happening. Too bad it's not a complete workaround 😕

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Car stalled two times pulling out of the garage because I forgot to turn off traction - really bad - 1x press then long hold = VCS off this is how I drive and do not have the problem

maybe once I get another ecu I will attempt … not excited about taking car to dealer and having it become bricked there because some dump module is not working because I ripped it out

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
I got sick and tired of cold starting my car in the morning and letting it warm up for a good 15 minutes and almost stalling out turning into oncoming traffic trying to get out of my neighborhood.
The next morning I thought maybe I was being too gentle with the car letting it just warm up barely giving it gas past idling, so I started thinking that this is a high-performance sports car. This morning after letting it warm up and backing it out of my driveway that’s when I started to I rev the hell out of it. The first couple days I did this it did the stalling out thing but in Park. The harder I feathered the gas the more bogged out and started to stall out. Then after a few more days I started driving it around my block before I hit the main road as soon as the car kicked in the gear and stop stalling and never had the stalling problem all day long.

It seems I don’t really have this stalling problem anymore after I back out of the driveway put it in park and rev the hell out of it before I takeoff in the morning. I know this isn’t a fix there’s definitely something wrong. My car is 2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium with 1,600 miles on the odometer. It started doing this two weeks after I purchased the car.

For all of us to be having this problem I think it rolls out with a lot of us thought personally was wrong with the car. Bad gas, Bad air filter, and so on. if no one had their gas filter replaced before this started happening then it must be A bad part from the factory. If they’re saying it’s software then they must be thinking that every single one of us are tuning their cars and they’re wanting to do a software patch to fix something that has to do with tuning but for us who have never tune their car and are still stock. I’m at a loss.
Are those the window flares that go on mustangs?

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
I have this issue but I thought it was maybe from the jb4 map I was using. I have my car coded to start in sport mode but leaving to work in the morning I manually shift the car and always pull off from second. The car tends to hold 3rd gear at 3k rpm almost 4k, and I don't want to wake all my neighbors on my out. Noticed it more after some sprinted driving on the highway and then stop and go traffic when on the streets. I tend to stop a lil further bk from the crosswalk to give myself like a rolling start incase it does it when in a intersection or trying to make a left. I do tend to not chance it on flashing yellow left turns. Cause I dnt want to cause an oncoming driver to freak out. Weird I have to be this much in thought driving the car though.

Steventje

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Had this happen today for the first time. Checked here first since I recall seeing this thread a long time ago.
2022 Supra, 4300 miles, bone stock. I have it configured to start in sports mode. Drive it like I stole it.

Went to fill up the car at 9:28, two minutes later the pump shuts off and the gas station lights turn off. Start the car and put in drive, feels like it's in limp mode, like it wanted to stall. No CEL, OBD codes, nothing.
Put the car in Neutral, rev's fine, sounds great. Turned the car off, Started again, same thing.
Since it was pitch black, I decided that getting murdered there would not look that great on Halloween, so I limped onto Federal Highway, and it slowly started coming back to life.

My mind was on bad fuel, but now that I'm reading some theories about traction control, it does feel similar. It felt more like a 2 stroke carb engine that is drowing in fuel, or not getting enough air.
On my way back home I stopped multiple times trying to get it to do it again, but it's like nothing happened.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Posted this question in another thread but don't think anyone is watching that one. Reposting here:

If I haven't gotten either recalls done yet, and I go in - do they update the whole system to the latest version? Or do they only update to the exact version prescribed by the recall even if there is newer versions available?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Posted this question in another thread but don't think anyone is watching that one. Reposting here:

If I haven't gotten either recalls done yet, and I go in - do they update the whole system to the latest version? Or do they only update to the exact version prescribed by the recall even if there is newer versions available?
doubt that there is a standard out there with inexperienced Toyota dealers.
If you want to get the latest, tell them you know there is a SW update (that fixes things) and you'd like it installed. Choose an experienced dealer...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
If only finding an "experienced dealer" was as easy as going to one that sells the car. Unfortunately that is definitely not the case. :confused:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
doubt that there is a standard out there with inexperienced Toyota dealers.
If you want to get the latest, tell them you know there is a SW update (that fixes things) and you'd like it installed. Choose an experienced dealer...
So true and love your complete honesty! Same deal down here in SWFL

If only finding an "experienced dealer" was as easy as going to one that sells the car. Unfortunately that is definitely not the case. :confused:
If only I could find a dealer that doesn’t freak out from an upgraded control arm 😭. I will… 😉 I talked to a buddy at the track and asked him how he codes out all the errors. He said he works at a dealer 😂 So he just asks his work “friends” to keep removing/fixing errors. HA! So now I know someone at an actual dealer. It’s a 3 hour drive, but at least could be done.

Also, I cracked the windshield somehow. Got it replaced and met the dude that has the techstream software/computer to code out anything. Got his phone number and now he’ll do updates and resets for me on the side…

LaB58

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pearl White
I want to thank everyone on this thread who looked and worked on a fix for this issue. I have a 2020 3.0 still stock with only a cold air intake for now I bought my car in September of 22 with 1900 miles. I have had this issue multiple times but only after a cold start pulling out of my neighborhood onto main road which has a slight incline and it’s a 2 lane road so I start turning immediately as I accelerate. The car starts to leave then feels like accelerator goes unresponsive for a second or 2 then pedal response goes back to normal. I have always felt like this was somehow tied to traction control. Weird but only that one location I have not had it happen anywhere else. I will get the car to the dealership Wednesday of next week and ask for the latest update. Thanks again for all of y’all’s posts on this issue.

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
So true and love your complete honesty! Same deal down here in SWFL

If only I could find a dealer that doesn’t freak out from an upgraded control arm 😭. I will… 😉 I talked to a buddy at the track and asked him how he codes out all the errors. He said he works at a dealer 😂 So he just asks his work “friends” to keep removing/fixing errors. HA! So now I know someone at an actual dealer. It’s a 3 hour drive, but at least could be done.

Also, I cracked the windshield somehow. Got it replaced and met the dude that has the techstream software/computer to code out anything. Got his phone number and now he’ll do updates and resets for me on the side…
Hook me up I’ve been trying to get an update for over two months and all I’ve gotten is a list of dealers I’m never stepping foot in again over sheer incompetency and unprofessionalism.
Sponsored