Throttle hesitation

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
Glad i found this thread i was thinking it was the JB4 i installed or my armaspeed intake causing it. mine always seems to happen after about 5 mins into my commute happened to me this morning an the dude behind me about rear ended me leaving my hood.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've only ever had this happen in two situations: 1) The battery has been unplugged for a while; and 2) When the car is cold. I drive exclusively in Sports+ mode now and Sport before I coded it. Just wanted to offer my $0.02 for people trying to figure this out.

EDIT: I'll mentioned that from a drivetrain perspective, the ('21 untunable) car is stock.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I've only ever had this happen in two situations: 1) The battery has been unplugged for a while; and 2) When the car is cold. I drive exclusively in Sports+ mode now and Sport before I coded it. Just wanted to offer my $0.02 for people trying to figure this out.

EDIT: I'll mentioned that from a drivetrain perspective, the ('21 untunable) car is stock.
I'll add to this as in my case it has also always been while the car is cold and almost positive it was in Sport mode......hasn't happened in over a month though.
Also non engine type dependent either as mine is a 2.0 (B48)

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
I'll add to this as in my case it has also always been while the car is cold and almost positive it was in Sport mode......hasn't happened in over a month though.
Also non engine type dependent either as mine is a 2.0 (B48)
well makes me feel better its just not the 3.0. I was in normal mode this morning when mine did it. only did it for a second then back to normal and its only ever in 1st gear from a stop probably less than 10 mins after i started the car up in the morning.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
its only ever in 1st gear from a stop probably less than 10 mins after i started the car up
Yes, same in my case. It's happened about 3 times in 6 months so not often but always from a stop at a traffic light within the first ten minutes.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Does anyone here experiencing these issues when cold have an OBD MX+ module? I’m curious to see at what temperature the engine protection turns off. Maybe its adjustable with Bimmercode.

-RJM

Rgbaena

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv a90 edition
Hi guys. This hapenned to me since Toyota update the car in january. Sometimes when cold, Sometimes triying to get out fast when warm. I manage to get rid of this (to the moment, 2 months with no issues) changing the petrol brand and warming the car at least 1 minute before moving It. Anyway i made a claim in my dealer to see if Toyota engenieers do something.
I am almost sure the problem was not premium fuel. Just my 2 cents.

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
happened again on my lunch break car was sitting hot for about 35 mins then a min drive out of my hood an the car lags a bit pulling out so i slightly backed off the pedal got back on more gently an it was fine after that. Getting annoying feeling this multiple times a week.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
This reminds me of the 72 camaro I used to have. It had a 383 stroker with a big 4 barrel carburetor and you always had to finesse the throttle on startup.

I didnt think that was even possible with modern fuel injected cars. But I guess BMW engineers proved me wrong! ?

-RJM

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
hey everyone, I was reading your threads and i am having the same issue with mine. It is now effecting my sport mode again. I just got the car back after it had been sitting at the dealership for two weeks last month. My sport mode wasn't working and the acceleration issue was still ongoing. The service guy called me stating that it happened to the mechanic in real time while driving the car and that it is a serious saftey issue and i couldn't get my car back because of this. I had the car calibrated and software updated. This was only temp. for about 3 days after getting it back.

Now its worse and it is doing it everyday. I have been recording this problem everyday on video first thing in the morning on a cold start while showing the tach and my foot on the gas pedal. It is not much to show the dealership, but at least it shows something with the date and time of when its happening.

I was told there is another way to find proof of this issue. By requesting a full dionostic and looking for system that deals with acceleration and the RPM'S. This should show the pedal being pressed and the same time the RPM's dropping. Everything in the car is recorded so, it should show up on they system as an error or however the computer in the car calls it.
If anyone else is still having these issues please keep me posted.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Would you be willing to post a video?

Philp

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Hey folks - I have also noticed this issue and have stopped even considering pulling out with a car coming if it requires quick acceleration. The worst one was when I tried to pull out and had time to bail out and move my foot back to the brake before the car moved more than a few inches.

These are probably just coincidences, but I've noticed it happens frequently if I am on a slight incline or when I let off the brake like I am about to go, brake again, then actually try to go. It definitely happens while warm.

BoostLyfe

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Toyota supra
Hey folks - I have also noticed this issue and have stopped even considering pulling out with a car coming if it requires quick acceleration. The worst one was when I tried to pull out and had time to bail out and move my foot back to the brake before the car moved more than a few inches.

These are probably just coincidences, but I've noticed it happens frequently if I am on a slight incline or when I let off the brake like I am about to go, brake again, then actually try to go. It definitely happens while warm.

happened to me this morning everything was warm wasn't really on an incline, but i felt that it was wanting to hesitate as i started to pull away. i feel like this happens if im took quick to jab the throttle but backing off an getting back on it smoothly seems to help.
Also getting weird hesitation when i go to floor it i think the issue is related thinking about switching back to stock intake to see if i still get this sooo annoying.....

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to give an update about the car. I spoke to the mechanic and he told me toyota is aware of the situation and he uploaded a video to toyota corp. on my supra showing this issue. He also told me that it could be software related. I have the latest software on the car and no errors or check engine light appears, plus i had the car re-calibrated completely last month.

Second, that it is a saftey issue; therefore, he confirmed that if you do a diog on the car from there computer, the dealership can see that there is an error from when you step on the gas pedal and the RPM dropping. It can not be fixed as for now. It's a BMW problem. He also told me to watch this youtuber who explains the issue. Here is the link: .

I don't want everyone to think it's something that they did by modded or changing the car. It has nothing to do with it. Mine started after the dealership changed the diff seal last year and i have been dealing with this since then. I have no tune and it only has 7,000 miles for a 2020.

I want everyone to really start taking notes of when it occurs dates and time. Plus if you can show a video of it happening. The computer in the car will have it logged even if you don't have video of it happening. Toyota needs to fix this problem. Don't sleep on this and take your car in to the dealership and start keeping a record of this. If they can't fix it, BMW needs to. You paid a lot to enjoy your car so everyone needs to complain about it. I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.
Sponsored