Toyota GR Supra Races Into 2021 with More Power and First-Ever Four-Cylinder Turbo Model

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
.... I wonder how ppl going to feel if the GRMN MKV releases?

I wonder how many more on the forum are going to say, "No one knew this! F*** you Toyota!"
FTFY - jk but I am salty and skeptical on that front. Plus if they do, I expect the cost will stop most of the complaints.

Wouldn't have been a good choice for a DD, but guessing anyone with a Phantom that's willing to just garage it would see a nice appreciation in a few years... assuming they never bring it back that is. Rare factory options tend to do well at auction regardless of how useful those options were.

If you only focus on the 0-60 performance yeah...but the new model is getting retuned suspension, so it's going to be a lot more than power.
Well, they pretty much stated in the release what that "suspension upgrade" is... and it's available from Cusco right now for the MY20. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
MY22 is going to get 400hp and a manual. You heard it here first.
Hey, I hope youā€™re right. Iā€™d be happy with just the new/current 382whp engine and a manual. Or if weā€™re on the subject... ANY manual even if itā€™s only on the 2.0L.

Though power-wise this point I would expect the 2022 or 2023 GRMN to offer the very next bump in output along with a lot more.

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if I can order the 6 port manifold?

Jae

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
330i ZHP
I know Toyota tends to have longer refresh cycles but BMW usually does a major refresh in the 4th year of the car.

Usually any bugs are worked out and the cars get new headlights/taillights and sometimes get a power bump as well. I'm thinking that'll be the best time for me to buy and crossing my fingers that's when a manual will appear.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Once it gets into the parts system Iā€™m sure you can order that cylinder head.

Hold off for a bit and then start checking NA Supra model listings in Partsouq. It will show up in their exploded diagram listings for every global Supra model. There you can look up all the part numbers you need and take those to a dealer.

The trick right now will be identifying what other parts from a MY2021+ 3.0 will be needed for the swap and what existing cylinder head parts on your 2020 model will carry over and bolt on.

Then thereā€™s the ECU and tune to consider. You should be able to tune your 2020 ECU to work with the changes.

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
Is the new engine upgrade for North American version only or does it apply to all 3.0 Supras worldwide? Iā€™m curious because the EU and Asia spec Z4 M40is still come with the 335hp unit.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
There is no point with the 6 port manifold. B58c has a sort of inbuilt (into engine block) manifold to 2 ports, so both ports can connect directly to the twin scroll turbo. It is actually the better more efficient design.

The new motor changes this side of the engine block to the traditional one with one port for each cylinder, necessitating the 6 port exhaust manifold to pipe it to the turbo. The main difference is that the piping will be steel as opposed to the aluminium alloy engine block and can be modified (replaced with aftermarket 6 port exhaust manifold). The advantage is that it will be stronger and can handle higher pressure, but will be heavier.

Downshift and Phantom Gray are discontinued apparently.
Wow... My matte grey is quite rare currently... Now it will be really hard to find. Sounds good to me, always preferred having a rare coloured car.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
Is the new engine upgrade for North American version only or does it apply to all 3.0 Supras worldwide? Iā€™m curious because the EU and Asia spec Z4 M40is still come with the 335hp unit.
for europe the engine will come with the same output in the next year but maybe they will change it in for 2022 MY, the reason has something to do with regulations i think , emissions and stuff.

luchocampusano

First Name
Lucho
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BMW 335ix
There is no point with the 6 port manifold. B58c has a sort of inbuilt (into engine block) manifold to 2 ports, so both ports can connect directly to the twin scroll turbo. It is actually the better more efficient design.

The new motor changes this side of the engine block to the traditional one with one port for each cylinder, necessitating the 6 port exhaust manifold to pipe it to the turbo. The main difference is that the piping will be steel as opposed to the aluminium alloy engine block and can be modified (replaced with aftermarket 6 port exhaust manifold). The advantage is that it will be stronger and can handle higher pressure, but will be heavier.
Probably more efficient design if you keep stock boost level or stock turbo.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
.... I wonder how ppl going to feel when the GRMN MKV releases?

I wonder how many more on the forum are going to say, "No one knew this! F*** you Toyota!"
My thoughts exactly, if people are in a tizzy now, imagine the GRMN which might go for 80+

Suprasaiyansg

First Name
Sun Guang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
From this point on the price will only go up. 5 model years later its likely to see people commenting that they should have pulled the trigger back in MY20. More power != better. To say that the first-gen GR Supra owners are burned, it is too early. On the other hand, technology is a one way trip. Nobody can really expect their car to stay the best in their class for long. Supra A80 was a legend not because modern stock cars cannot beat it, it was more of an aftermarket effect (adding rocket boosters to it, metaphorically speaking) that made it such a legend. Oh before I forget, Fast & Furious. #forPaul

Enjoy that you own a car that represents you, your life and your experience. Let the whole experience speak for itself.

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I heard about Downshift from someone on here and asked about it and found out about Phantom.

This was from the US side though, which I typically take a bit of a grain of salt with, but lately most of it has been spot on so...
This is literally me right now, wtf:

12c6py.jpg
Sponsored