Toyota Press Release: FT-1 Concept Coming to Gran Turismo 6 on January 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunnel_D

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTO
Is this a GT6 only release? I mean are we going to see this in real life at all or only digitally?
Sponsored

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
It doesn't give a date or anything. Anyone know when it's gonna be available for D/L?

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Is this a GT6 only release? I mean are we going to see this in real life at all or only digitally?
There's a difference? :D

Yea just the game. Let's get the regular production street version nailed down before we start asking for a race one ;)

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
It looks great but I was hoping for something they might translate to a 2nd FT-1 concept. That's way out there and no way we see any of that into a second concept which 1) I'm hoping exists and 2) hoping it is even more realistic for what they might build.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Yessss! not because of the game but you have to think Toyota would be crazy to build a concept, a virtual race version and drum up all that excitement only to not actually make the car available for sale. This is VERY promising that the project has been green lighted.

OP
OP

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Videos of the creation of the Vision GT :

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
Okay WHEN in september?? I can't wait to try this thing out. Did they release GT6 specs on this?

FT1freddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S
To introduce some reality into this discussion: the mark iv supra had a curb weight of:

1,460 kg (3,219 lb) (non-turbo)
1,550 kg (3,417 lb) (turbo)

15 years later of a ton of new safety requirements for sports cars with bigger engines, bigger brakes, bigger tires and way more technology and nanny systems. do we really expect it to weigh less than this??

Length
4,515 mm (177.8 in) (1993–1998)
4,514 mm (177.7 in) (1999–2002)

Width
1,811 mm (71.3 in)

Height
1,265 mm (49.8 in) (1993–1998)
1,275 mm (50.2 in) (1999–2002)

Thanks for dousing us with some water :) :cloud:

You're missing a big BUT though. Advanced construction materials that are lighter than 15 years ago. That could be huge weight savings. A report from Car magazine today claims that the next BMW 6 series will drop 500 pounds! Just shows you how much pounds you can shave off by using modular exotic material platforms.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Thanks for dousing us with some water :) :cloud:

You're missing a big BUT though. Advanced construction materials that are lighter than 15 years ago. That could be huge weight savings. A report from Car magazine today claims that the next BMW 6 series will drop 500 pounds! Just shows you how much pounds you can shave off by using modular exotic material platforms.
Just read the other thread about this. Can yo imagine if they went full carbon fiber body. The weight savings could be 600-700 pounds?? That's why I'm psyched for when they announce what the Supra's weight and size will be.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Great news! im hoping it is not just a different color but some actual sheet metal changes. I can't imagine why it would need to be commissioned if it just involves different paint.
The same was done for the red Lexus LF-LC, and the second blue LF-LC concepts.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
The concept car itself is huge. That is because it is a body kit over a Lexus RC platform. I'm hoping the production car will just be a few inches longer than the 86/FR-S. 500hp or so seems very doable with the RC-F's V8.

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm actually not worried about the power the new Supra will have. RC F is already pumping out more than 450 hp so 500hp for a Supra can't be that hard. But 500hp isn't a crazy number anymore these days for a top of the line sports car so its the other stuff that will hopefully make the Supra stand out. Like weight, driver involvement, driving dynamics. And of course how it looks too (already got good start there)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.