Toyota Should Be ASHAMED - Pathetic parts support

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Everything is on indefinite backorder I understand your feelings but its kind of a "it is what it is" situation right now even direct parts warehouses to manufacturer have no idea when they will get something in and only can provide estimates.
I ordered a strut tower brace bar from Evasive 2 months ago. They charged my card but still have an estimated delivery of "early May". šŸ˜”
Sponsored

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
ive been waiting for replacement wiper arms to arrive at the dealer since mid 2021. Iā€™m not in a hurry but yes, the entire dealer parts process for the supra is ridiculous. Itā€™s faster to just go over to your nearest BMW stockist and get the z4 equivalent part. If they donā€™t have it in stock, they can get it faster anyway.

Thatā€™s what I did for the gas filler cap. Toyota quoted me triple the cost and delivery time. Bmw stockist ordered the bmw part from Germany with zero fuss. Go figure. So much faster when you bypass Toyota altogether.
My question to you is why are you replacing your gas filler cap so soon??????

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Toyota is trash for parts on this car. You should go get it fixed at a BMW dealership. I know it sucks but thatā€™s just the state of this car unfortunately. It is important to research these situations before buying the car..

Feel bad tho, happened to me on a lesser scale aswell. Warranty on these cars arenā€™t worth much imo

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
And quite easy to do. There are options out there. Explore them and possibly solve the issue as well. Nicely done above!!
Toyota is trash for parts on this car. You should go get it fixed at a BMW dealership. I know it sucks but thatā€™s just the state of this car unfortunately. It is important to research these situations before buying the car..

Feel bad tho, happened to me on a lesser scale aswell. Warranty on these cars arenā€™t worth much imo
exactly as you both (collectively) point out, for out of pocket replacements, you can go the BMW route for parts. But for warranty stuff, as OP is facing , youā€™re out of luck and stuck with the dealer.

I find many owners say they might as well mod the ecu cos warranty claims are crap anyway.

I had made the mistake of assuming Toyota was going to take care of their halo car owners. Ah well, I still love the car enough to put up with warranty work frustrations. Just need to find a good Indy garage for after.

Last edited:

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
My question to you is why are you replacing your gas filler cap so soon??????
i installed the golden wrench supra gas cap cover, thinking what an awesome and fuss free mod it would be.

But the clearance to the fuel door is complete crap with the cover added, and the flap sprung open one day as I unlocked the car. Decided to trash it, cos risk of damaging the locking mechanism isnā€™t worth the flash.

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Assuming this is not an April foolsā€¦ā€¦

Iā€™m not sure you can blame this on Toyota to be perfectly honest.
My electrician has a 7 year old VW Passat that developed an electrical fault and needs a new part. His car has been off the road for almost 3 months now just waiting.
Unfortunately a little thing called Covid happened, followed by this guy called Putin taking a massive shit on Ukraine so yeah Iā€™m afraid there may be delays in us all being able to have fun in our cars.
it sucks but I guess we have to just deal with the fact that just maybe sometimes shit happens.
Unless the parts are made in Russia or Ukraineā€¦. Cannot blame the war on that oneā€¦ā€¦ we have had two years to adjust supply chain issues related to COVID. It is time to move past those excusesā€¦ā€¦. I do not accept any excuse that Jenn Psaki or Joe Biden rely upon to blame away poor planning. At this point - everything is blamed on Russia and/or COVID.
If anything, parts coming from Europe to US should move faster right now with no exports coming from Russia or Ukraineā€¦ā€¦

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Cannot blame the war on that one
Oh good lord. Of course, you can. Resources are _further_ diverted during wartime, regardless.. Air spaces are diverted, flight plans are fucked up, sea space is more complicated. Surrounding countries are affected. It's not nearly as significant as COVID, but it absolutely affects -everything-

Including fuel prices, which also affect supply chains. You need oil to.. ya know.. ship stuff.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Unless the parts are made in Russia or Ukraineā€¦. Cannot blame the war on that oneā€¦ā€¦ we have had two years to adjust supply chain issues related to COVID. It is time to move past those excusesā€¦ā€¦. I do not accept any excuse that Jenn Psaki or Joe Biden rely upon to blame away poor planning. At this point - everything is blamed on Russia and/or COVID.
If anything, parts coming from Europe to US should move faster right now with no exports coming from Russia or Ukraineā€¦ā€¦
Not politics. Lack of materials, production shutdowns, lack of ships, trucks etc. It all adds up and throw in increased demand. Trump did nothing either. This is structural business.

Makers are still idling plants. Call the CEOs. Good luck!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I really want to think that you're joking, but I know better. In our own happy places, we want to be ignorant and assume things and processes are super simple.
But, you have 0 idea how supply chain works, nor how automotive industry works and of the current state of any industry.. Your acceptance or not, doesn't change the facts.
In addition, this is not a US only issue. Contrary to what some believe, Covid is also not US only issue. There are still lockdowns taking place in different parts of the world...
Ukraine is a major source for neon/laser that's used for carving on chips.
I don't know if it still continues but Germany built BMWs were not getting Heads Up Display, at all late 2021.
Anyhow. I'm going to put the Pollyanna glasses back on now and forget about these..

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Natrually COVID (and now the war) causes disruptions... but the problem definitely started prior to both by many years. Essentially the financial collapse and subsequent recession are as much to blame as the more recent issues. That's when companies got caught with their proverbial pants down with massive warehouses full of stock that couldn't be moved - which resulted in migrating to just-in-time supply chains. Which works reasonably well, unless you have a trade war, a pandemic, and then a real war all in the space of a few years. :rolleyes:

It's just human nature and our short-sighted "solutions"... The solutions to labor and production shortages in the 19th century were solved by creating the environmental crisis of the 20th. The liquidity and trade problems of the 20th have created the inflationary and supply chain problems of the 21st... and I'm sure all the brilliant solutions we'll come up with for those two will result in a different existential disaster decades from now as well.

Luckily we'll be fertilizer before then and won't be worried about getting parts for anything.

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Entitlement begins with being able to buy a 60k car. Then complain a part is out of stock when there are hundreds of ships sitting out at sea waiting for port space pushes it into being a brat. The entire planet is fucked with shipping and logistics issues.

Maybe ignorance is bliss in your case, hopefully it is. The entire world was and still is effected by what happened in the past two years. What you are complaining about is a first world problem. If you really want it fixed get one out of a wrecked car and move on with your life.
Yeah sorry, not buying it and you can GFY. There are plenty of people in this thread alone talking about not being able to get parts that have nothing to do with chip shortages. Ships being stuck at ports is only happening in CA, do you really think parts built in Germany/Austria are being shipped the wrong way around the planet? You, like some of the other idiots in this thread, would rather stick up for Toyota's poor supply chain management for this program, rather than face the reality of how badly they've dropped the ball. I'm sure you'll all be changing your tune when something goes wrong with your car and it's potentially bricked for a year.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah sorry, not buying it and you can GFY. There are plenty of people in this thread alone talking about not being able to get parts that have nothing to do with chip shortages. Ships being stuck at ports is only happening in CA, do you really think parts built in Germany/Austria are being shipped the wrong way around the planet? You, like some of the other idiots in this thread, would rather stick up for Toyota's poor supply chain management for this program, rather than face the reality of how badly they've dropped the ball. I'm sure you'll all be changing your tune when something goes wrong with your car and it's potentially bricked for a year.
Yes, west coast cars are shipped to the west coast harbors. They sail through the Panama canal. What it's built for.

OP
OP
j50gt

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Yes, west coast cars are shipped to the west coast harbors. They sail through the Panama canal. What it's built for.
I'm not talking about cars, I'm talking about parts.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
Work at tier 1. OEMs big and small cancel orders because they are stopping production then turn around in the same week and order double and they need it yesterday.

Raw materials, labor costs more than doubled.

But yes please tell us how you watched that nova episode about japanese auto factories in the 1980s and are now an expert in global manufacturing logistics.
Sponsored