Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/toyota-supra-sales-figures/

May - 246
YTD 1,621

Me being lazy and putting all my hopes on 1 deposit at an MSRP only dealership has backfired on me with these low sales (assuming low production too) numbers. Looks like I'll be expanding my sports car search to other brands.
Man. They really have cut production in half. Thankfully I have a car with my name on it about to get on a boat. That said, if something happens with that car I'll probably go back to looking at other options.

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Bad news for people still waiting on a car, but probably good news for current owners. Less supply hopefully means it will hold value a bit better.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Are they just not selling or is Toyota not making many this year? It seems people are still having to wait forever to get a car.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
They're certainly not having trouble selling them, as pretty much every dealer in the country has people on waiting lists to buy.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
the only information i have is from these forums, that being people wanting second or replacement keys have waited for 5+ months. so i assume shortages are still a big issue?

i do know toyota had issues with paint supply, but supras use BMW paint, so probably irrelevant

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
They're certainly not having trouble selling them, as pretty much every dealer in the country has people on waiting lists to buy.
I'd imagine it's more 'right on the line.' Inflate demand by decreasing supply to something like N-1 of in-demand customers creating a little bit of artificial demand. Prices are falling, especially on used ones, so it's likely the demand for new customers is falling, and you drop production a little bit to keep MSRP sales right where they want them to be.

I'd be willing to bet there are a couple hundred people a month waiting to buy new, but not a few thousand. If supply is increased, they'll be sitting on lots after the couple hundred people that want them get them, and that's bad for everyone.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Memories of the prior gen Supra languishing on dealer lots may still be fresh on the minds of Toyota executives. I think they're much more inclined to keep orders right where they need to be so that doesn't happen again. Remember this is the company which pumps out a new Camry every few minutes.

Reactions: zrk

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Locally (100 mile radius) there is 1 2.0 on the lots here out of 4 dealerships, and 1 Supra set to arrive. So, it seems at least here in Vegas its more of a supply issue then just sitting on lots waiting for buyers.
1691004390634.png

1691004421579.png

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Memories of the prior gen Supra languishing on dealer lots may still be fresh on the minds of Toyota executives. I think they're much more inclined to keep orders right where they need to be so that doesn't happen again. Remember this is the company which pumps out a new Camry every few minutes.
Exactly right.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI