Toyota Supra finally spied testing Stateside!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I never know what marketing is up to, so I had no way of knowing what they were gonna do. I do however know the trim levels now, but I can't comment further as I will likely be quoted and found. All I can say is they tricked even me to a degree and it's comical overall.

As far as my comment, when someone invites you to go have some fun, you go!

I'm guessing you got a chance to ride in the car. One question....

Does this car offer the performance enthusiasts are hoping for?
I haven't had that much fun in a very long time, put it that way. As for whether it delivers time will tell, but I now wish I had more money to play with.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I never know what marketing is up to, so I had no way of knowing what they were gonna do. I do however know the trim levels now, but I can't comment further as I will likely be quoted and found. All I can say is they tricked even me to a degree and it's comical overall.

As far as my comment, when someone invites you to go have some fun, you go!

I haven't had that much fun in a very long time, put it that way. As for whether it delivers time will tell, but I now wish I had more money to play with.
:confused: as in this won't be the bargain many folks had hoped for?

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
A70...kinda glad, in a good way, you were tricked...we on the outside looking in have been tricked many times on this journey...lol...

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
oh, it's never over man... I've come to realize that I really just know what they want me to know, which kinda makes you wonder if they do so purposely or if its just to be careful. hard to know lol

as far as money, I can't comment further only to say I meant in general for me. In order to get the one I want, I'd have to have more money or sell a few of my other cars.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
oh, it's never over man... I've come to realize that I really just know what they want me to know, which kinda makes you wonder if they do so purposely or if its just to be careful. hard to know lol

as far as money, I can't comment further only to say I meant in general for me. In order to get the one I want, I'd have to have more money or sell a few of my other cars.
I wish I had more engineer friends and less marketing friends haha! I knew about the media stuff beforehand but sadly the engineering stuff usually comes through the grapevine for me.

Also, jk, I love my marketing friends a lot (I know y'all are reading this :D).

Mannn, I'm so pumped... Trying to get Geneva to happen, but sadly there are a lot of roadblocks in the way of that. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I make it happen though.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I wish I had more engineer friends and less marketing friends haha! I knew about the media stuff beforehand but sadly the engineering stuff usually comes through the grapevine for me.

Also, jk, I love my marketing friends a lot (I know y'all are reading this :D).

Mannn, I'm so pumped... Trying to get Geneva to happen, but sadly there are a lot of roadblocks in
the way of that. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I make it happen though

Too funny A70...my work is like that in terms of communication....they tend to only tell us what they want...not we want ha ha...

Sure hope some of our members can attend Geneva would be cool to get live updates/info...

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
I do however know the trim levels now, but I can't comment further as I will likely be quoted and found. All I can say is they tricked even me to a degree and it's comical overall.
I'm really hoping this means they trolled us and at least one trim has a manual lol

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13
So i assume the one you want is not a $60k car but more of a $100k+!And i don't think is only 340hp because that will be funny compared to the price!

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So i assume the one you want is not a $60k car but more of a $100k+!And i don't think is only 340hp because that will be funny compared to the price!
I hope this is not the case. If so, the car should've been produced all in house. Getting close to the $100k mark means we are talking Nissan GT-R (a car Nissan produced all themselves), Porsche 911 money. I think one thing a lot of potential buyers are willing to swallow is that yes this car was produced with the help of BMW and possibly a BMW motor to A) Make a great car & B) Allow the car to be affordable to the masses. If these 2 things are not met; then this joint project is pointless in my eyes.

Do NOT get greedy on us TOYOTA!!!

Last edited:

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Hmm I'm sure there is a lot more to the story here and we'll look back and be surprised at everything.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but most of the Supra MKIII MKIV were not affordable to the masses. It's not a Celica. I'm of the philosophy of you get what you pay for, you want supercar/tech performance you pay for it. Not everything had to be a Corvette, and those aren't even that affordable to the masses. It be nice tho if it was affordable and a good bang for your buck but I think that Era was over back in the 80s where companies were more free to imagine and do things.

It's not about greed remember they sold LFA at a loss at one time. This is Toyota not Tesla, it will be bad if they bleed money.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm I'm sure there is a lot more to the story here and we'll look back and be surprised at everything.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but most of the Supra MKIII MKIV were not affordable to the masses. It's not a Celica. I'm of the philosophy of you get what you pay for, you want supercar/tech performance you pay for it. Not everything had to be a Corvette, and those aren't even that affordable to the masses. It be nice tho if it was affordable and a good bang for your buck but I think that Era was over back in the 80s where companies were more free to imagine and do things.

It's not about greed remember they sold LFA at a loss at one time. This is Toyota not Tesla, it will be bad if they bleed money.
LFA was Lexus, meaning they did not have to worry about cutting corners.

Toyota cut corners when it comes to performance, but not at the expense of reliability. If this Supra has all BMW parts, I am sure Toyota inspected every part to avoid issues popping up where It would fall apart.

Hell, maybe they tested all this time to see if any issues like bearings or leaks popped up so they can see where it went wrong before giving It TO the masses
Sponsored