Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
Toyota Supra Production to end after MY 2023, Partnership with BMW to Continue

Toyota announced today production of the A90 model of the Supra will cease production after the 2023 model year. Due to the end of BMW Z4 production as part of BMW's product realignment, Supra production at the Magna Steyr facility in Austria will end as well.

Toyota global partnerships spokesman Tetsu Yamauchi was quoted as saying "while we are ending production of the Supra, our partnership with BMW which allowed us to to bring a new generation of Supra to world markets has been an unqualified success."

"We are continuing that relationship with the BMW group and we will be cooperating with BMW on the joint production of a new vehicle at the Magna Steyr facility"

"We're proud to announce not only the return of a Toyota icon, the Toyota Sequoia; we will be extending the legacy of the Supra by designating this new model as the Toyota Supra Sequoia"

According to the press release, the new Supra Sequoia will be based on the BMW X7 M50i platform, with styling unique to Toyota including their signature grill treatment. The powertrain will be limited to the 4.4 liter twin turbo V8 which powers the current X7 M50i. Unique badging will showcase the "Supra Sequoia" name.

In order to fully utilize the Magna Steyr plant, all BMW X7 M sport production will be shifted to the plant as well.

Yamauchi concluded his remarks by stating "we are excited to be bringing back the icon that is the Sequoia, as well as extending the performance legacy of the Supra by offering this new model in the performance SUV segment in which Toyota has not offered a product before. Based on the performance and luxury, this model will extend the legend that is the Toyota Supra into the future."
Sponsored

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
april fools for sure :rofl:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Damn, here I was waiting for Sequoia-E based on Supra

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Toyota Supra Production to end after MY 2023, Partnership with BMW to Continue

Toyota announced today production of the A90 model of the Supra will cease production after the 2023 model year. Due to the end of BMW Z4 production as part of BMW's product realignment, Supra production at the Magna Steyr facility in Austria will end as well.

Toyota global partnerships spokesman Tetsu Yamauchi was quoted as saying "while we are ending production of the Supra, our partnership with BMW which allowed us to to bring a new generation of Supra to world markets has been an unqualified success."

"We are continuing that relationship with the BMW group and we will be cooperating with BMW on the joint production of a new vehicle at the Magna Steyr facility"

"We're proud to announce not only the return of a Toyota icon, the Toyota Sequoia; we will be extending the legacy of the Supra by designating this new model as the Toyota Supra Sequoia"

According to the press release, the new Supra Sequoia will be based on the BMW X7 M50i platform, with styling unique to Toyota including their signature grill treatment. The powertrain will be limited to the 4.4 liter twin turbo V8 which powers the current X7 M50i. Unique badging will showcase the "Supra Sequoia" name.

In order to fully utilize the Magna Steyr plant, all BMW X7 M sport production will be shifted to the plant as well.

Yamauchi concluded his remarks by stating "we are excited to be bringing back the icon that is the Sequoia, as well as extending the performance legacy of the Supra by offering this new model in the performance SUV segment in which Toyota has not offered a product before. Based on the performance and luxury, this model will extend the legend that is the Toyota Supra into the future."
Is this really an April fool's joke?!!

Please tell me it is.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
You never know, I mean look what happened to the Mustang. Nobody believed that BS.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
It's a slightly cruel and not really funny April Fools joke considering the number of classic enthusiast sports car and sport coupe/hatch models (the Ford Mustang and the Mitsubishi Eclipse notably) that actually have been turned into bloated and boring SUVs already.

Glad the A90 will last through MY2026.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
You never know, I mean look what happened to the Mustang. Nobody believed that BS.
Yet they sold 6600 units of that f*&king Karen car already. Mind blowing !!

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
If Ford had simply called that SUV what it actually is (a Ford *Escape* “Mach-E”) then it would have been totally fine.

It’s still an OK normal electric family SUV thing aside from the name. But it’s a Ford Escape. It’s clearly not a Ford Mustang.