Toyota Supra rumored to be offered with 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder base model

Are you going to buy the 4 cylinder version?

• Total voters

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I voted no. I think a Supra successor flagship should have at least 6 cylinders. Not to mention if you go read other forums and blogs, no one wants a 4 cylinder Supra.

Wally World

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
If they make us wait 5 years for this car then debut it with a 4 cylinder, I think they'd have many Supra/Toyota fans jumping off cliffs. I know this thread is just for arguments sake but I'm sure it's not going to happen. The segment that the Supra will compete in is going the way of forced induction 6 cylinder so that's what my money's on.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
A 4 cylinder Supra would make sense for other markets, but I hope it doesn't make its way to the US.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I don't even know how they could even justified a 4 cyl Supra at that price point, especially when you can buy a C7 for $55k. I guess the only pro would be that it would be easier on the pockets for a 2JZ swap.

Last edited:

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I don't even know how they could even justified a 4 cyl Supra at that price point, especially when you can buy a C7 for $55k. I guess the only pro would be that it would be easier on the pockets for a 2JZ swap.
I just priced out a 4-cyl Cayman S at $85,000 without even trying. You could easily spend $100k on a 4-cyl with them. Things are different these days.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I just priced out a 4-cyl Cayman S at $85,000 without even trying. You could easily spend $100k on a 4-cyl with them. Things are different these days.
Its a Porsche, people will pay for the badge. When it comes to Toyota I really don't think they can command anywhere near that with a 4 cyl Supra. Heck, they will probably just have a hard time trying to steal buyers from the base C7 with a 4 cyl model.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not for a 4cyl. option. But if they do have one, I can see them pricing it at the $45k+ mark. Look at the WRX STi, the Ford Focus RS, the new Civic Type R, the Mitsubishi Evo...ahh nevermind. Anyways, these are all 4 Cyl. Turbo vehicles marking them close to the $40k mark if not a little over with options.

For $5k more those in that segment may see this 'striking' looking coupe and take it over those cars because Supra, if they badge it that. Granted it won't be for everyone because most want the AWD and 4/5 door option but some of those buyers have upgraded from the FRS/BRZ because lack of power.

Still hoping only for a 6cyl. Turbo and hybrid option. But times have changed so I wouldn't be shocked.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
The rumors of a 200-250hp 4 cyl is pretty sad. Especially considering all of those other cars and the 718 Cayman are making 300hp+.

Last edited:

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
I haven't seen any rumors of 200-250hp and would have a hard time believing that.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
How do we go from competing with cars like the 911, NSX, Corvette, VR4, TT 300zx to a rice out Civic. If true, SMH Toyota... :doh:
Sponsored