Track Driving Fluid intervals?

PontanB

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra-Celica-Carina-LC500 -MR2-GR Yaris
What would be the recommended intervals to change fluids after a couple of hard track days? i saw somewhere that they recommended a oil change every 2 track day, but what about brake fluid? diff oil? transmission oil? is there anything else that you should keep in mind while taking a Supra to a couple of track days?

And, should you perhaps change to a 0w30 or 5w30 to protect the car from all the hard driving days driving?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PontanB

PontanB

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah and maybe braided brake lines + better brake pads for track use

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'm doing oil every 5k miles (5w30). Also going with Endless MX72 pads and Endless RF650 brake fluid for this season.

OP
OP
PontanB

PontanB

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I track about 3 times a month.
brake and diff fluid at beginning of each season Season is about 8 months.

oil change every 2 months

660 brake fluid is a must
I do run thicker oil
Are you using factory recomended fluids or what are you using?

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
1645157486753.png

Here's my latest Blackstone Oil Analysis report.
On this oil I have gone to 4 HPDE events (1 event over 100F, others were pretty cool 60-70F). I don't daily the car; the miles are to/from events and backroads.
This is the GR 0w20 oil - this sample was collected on my 2nd ToyotaCare service.
My car did not burn any oil as indicated by the infotainment during this interval.

Transmission and diff...probably would do it annually. I did my diff once already with Motul gear oil (OEM viscosity).
Brake fluid is Castrol SRF - held up fine for 3 events so far - haven't found a need to bleed.

The tracks my car has seen are Sonoma (PB 1:53) and Laguna (PB 1:41) if it helps for perspective on use.

Overall car's been darn good on track. Even at 100F day oil temps peaked ~254F, which is totally fine. The viscosity of the oil tested gives me good confidence in the oil and the car's cooling system for my needs.

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
I currently track a BMW M2. My oil change interval is every 4 track days, and I change the filter every other oil change. Trans, every 40K miles (manual) and diff every 20K miles. Though, since I don’t drive much besides track days and to abs from the track, I may do the diff sooner.

I use Motul X-cess 5w40 for engine oil and Castrol SRF for brake fluid.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
This is going to be my First track day with my Supra and I only have 3800 miles. I was thinking just changing the engine oil and have fun and get to learn the car on the track. Should I do any other maintenance prep before attending the track??

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is going to be my First track day with my Supra and I only have 3800 miles. I was thinking just changing the engine oil and have fun and get to learn the car on the track. Should I do any other maintenance prep before attending the track??
As you said, do the oil; we recommend 5w-30 if you're tracking since 0w-20 is quite thin. Carry some extra with you on the day of. Also keep a quick tire deflator and air compressor to reinflate on you. General rule of thumb is 32-35 PSI when hot.

And prep yourself -- its a long day, so get a good night's rest, have a good breakfast, stay hydrated, etc, etc.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only do 2 or so track days a year but just follow the regular intervals. I would recommend upgrading to higher temp brake fluid though.
I'm in your boat, just a couple a year.

Oil every 5k miles,
brake fluid once a year b/c I went with Endless -- much better brake feel, but less resistant to humidity,
diff and transmission at the specified intervals.

I've also got Endless MX72 pads, about the same dust levels, but they stop much harder than stock combined with the fluid.

I'll probably do braided brake lines next year.
Sponsored