U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

sirbarton

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser, 2011 Prius, 2015 4Runner Trail
I got on a waitlist for the premium or launch edition in the color I want at a dealer that doesn't charge a markup. I'm not first on the list, but I"ll get one. Looking forward to it.
Sponsored

TexaSupra

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Current: 2015 MB C300 4Matic Sold: Many others
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m in the San Antonio area. Stopped by Red McCombs Toyota a few weeks ago to inquire about the Supra ordering process. I asked one of the attendants, who, gets a sales rep to talk to me. When I asked him about the car, he says, ā€œthereā€™s a new Supra!?ā€ I was incredulous, and left. Unbelievable. A week later (mid-January) I stopped by Toyota of Boerne and asked them about the Supra. They were much better. They told me that they were excited about the car and donā€™t have any information as of yet, but got my contact info and told me theyā€™d give me a call when they found out more. Iā€™ll call tomorrow to get an update and let yā€™all know what they say!

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
I wento first to Town And Country, here in Charlotte, and they wanted a 5k nonrefundable deposit. Said no thanks, and went to Scott Clark instead. No deposit, and I'm first on their list. I'm gonna go by later today, see if I can talk to the salesman again. (Forgot to get his business card)

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I wento first to Town And Country, here in Charlotte, and they wanted a 5k nonrefundable deposit. Said no thanks, and went to Scott Clark instead. No deposit, and I'm first on their list. I'm gonna go by later today, see if I can talk to the salesman again. (Forgot to get his business card)
Thatā€™s insanity, 5k and non refundable?

These dealers donā€™t even know how allocations are going to work!

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Hi everyone,I'vejust confirmed an A90 Edition in Italy...
I'm 45, so I lived the golden age of the japanese sportscar (I have in my garage an Mr2 Aw11, Mr2 Sw20, Levin Ae86 and two STI)
I had the opputunity to drive on trackt he A80, and it's a wonderful car...but It's a car of about 25 years ago!
Now Toyota and bmw give us a chance to drive two wonderful and sporty cars, the z4 and the supra...
Every car maker now offers just SUV.
If there wasn't a partnership between Toyota and BMW I think that Z4 and Supra was axed...
Toyota has some Tp chassis and the 3.5 V6, but they are old and heavy...
So they aren't right for the new Supra...The B58 is an excellent angine...so what's the problem?
Even the Urus is an Audi, the Cayenne and Macan are VW...
Th 4c has the same engine of Giulietta...
About the fake vents: now every car has fake vents and RS or AMG has also fake exhaust...I don't like, but it's the modern age...
So: What's wrong with the new Supra?
In my opinion is a wonderful sportscar with exciting performance...
I think that most of the haters know the Supra just for F&F or Gt and Forza...
Finally, someone who gets it!

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
3 dealerships in Bay Area, CA:

1.) $5K regular/$10K launch edition markup
2.) $10K regular/$20K launch edition markup
3.) $10K regular/$20K launch edition markup

For $10K more I'll just buy an M2 Competition.
For $20K more I'll just buy an M4.

I'll wait it out and see what pricing is like late 2019 early 2020.
I'm curious what dealers you contacted in the Bay Area?
I contacted SF, Burlingame and even in Central Valley (Modesto). Being the bigger dealers in the Bay, they all said they had no further information. They were anticipating word around July of this year. They aren't taking any deposits because the VIN's haven't been distributed yet, nor do they know which dealers Toyota HQ will send the Supras too. Lastly, there is no information of any dealers marking up yet--again, because they don't know what dealers HQ will ship the models to.

I think they were blowing smoke to you with the markups.

But if you are right and got legit info, I have been looking at some used M4's going for about $45k-$55k with low mileage lol. I love my 335i, and was thinking about going M4 until I heard the news release of the Supra.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted SF, Burlingame and even in Central Valley (Modesto). Being the bigger dealers in the Bay, they all said they had no further information. They were anticipating word around July of this year. They aren't taking any deposits because the VIN's haven't been distributed yet, nor do they know which dealers Toyota HQ will send the Supras too. Lastly, there is no information of any dealers marking up yet--again, because they don't know what dealers HQ will ship the models to.

But if you are right and got legit info, I have been looking at some used M4's going for about $45k-$55k with low mileage lol. I love my 335i, and was thinking about going M4 until I heard the news release of the Supra.
I just got out a F80 M3. My parents had a E92 335i when I was younger. They are very different. The M3 was brutal, it had instant torque and could light the tires up in 3rd if you tried. But, what it had in power, it lacked in finesse. It just wasn't all that much fun on back roads unless you were really pushing it. Too numb and heavy feeling, until you were going stupid fast.

dvq

First Name
dvq
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3, BMW M4 ZCP

Stevens Creek (San Jose), Piercey (Milpitas), and Capitol (San Jose)

- Stevens Creek looked like he was reading an email that he had received regarding it, could have been faking it.
- Piercey's sales manager said he was just starting the interest list and said he had word he was getting 3 allocations.
- Capitol said they were marking up 10/20 respectively.

Psychodo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2012 BMW x5
Just heard from one of the dealers here, they're still not mentioning markup but are now saying they won't get one until 2020. Then wished me a good year. lol.

Last edited:

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
This true?

Screenshot_20190204-211013_Instagram.jpg
:dunno:
This would not be a valid contract in the state I live in.
By some state laws, car dealerships can only take deposits against a signed and binding sales contract. The only way they can write up a sales contract is with a VIN (and in some cases a finite price). So far, no VINs have been issued to NA dealerships.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Thatā€™s insanity, 5k and non refundable?

These dealers donā€™t even know how allocations are going to work!
That's why I've been talking with another dealer in the area. The sales manager called to talk with me today, think he wanted to make sure I could actually, and would actually, buy the first one thay came in.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got out a F80 M3. My parents had a E92 335i when I was younger. They are very different. The M3 was brutal, it had instant torque and could light the tires up in 3rd if you tried. But, what it had in power, it lacked in finesse. It just wasn't all that much fun on back roads unless you were really pushing it. Too numb and heavy feeling, until you were going stupid fast.
Not with the add-ons I had lol. I pretty much destroyed a lot of the M3's. i had FBO + tuning + 93oct. I was over the 450whp and torque was past the M3. Needless to say, I was considering an M3, but after my taste of boost, I just can't go back to NA. Which is why I may go back on track to getting an M4.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stevens Creek (San Jose), Piercey (Milpitas), and Capitol (San Jose)

- Stevens Creek looked like he was reading an email that he had received regarding it, could have been faking it.
- Piercey's sales manager said he was just starting the interest list and said he had word he was getting 3 allocations.
- Capitol said they were marking up 10/20 respectively.
It's funny, I called Capitol and they said they had no news on the Supra as of yet. Therefore, they weren't decisive if there will be a markup or not. And if so, they weren't sure how much it would be. Lastly, no deposits. I think it's safer to say that dealers are 99% bs'n interested buyers.
Sponsored