U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
This true?

Screenshot_20190204-211013_Instagram.jpg
lol you're right, I agree. I have a few friends in dealerships and they all stated the same thing--cannot offer a TRUE contract for deposit without a VIN. Not only has Toyota HQ not provided any NA dealerships with VIN's, but many NA dealerships don't know when or if they will be receiving Supras in their lots.
Sponsored

dvq

First Name
dvq
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3, BMW M4 ZCP
It's funny, I called Capitol and they said they had no news on the Supra as of yet. Therefore, they weren't decisive if there will be a markup or not. And if so, they weren't sure how much it would be. Lastly, no deposits. I think it's safer to say that dealers are 99% bs'n interested buyers.
I figured as much, dealership salespeople are the worst.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
I figured as much, dealership salespeople are the worst.
Dude, for shits and giggles, I called them up again yesterday on my way home. Different story! I spoke to a salesman, "Alejandro." He told me the following:

• We are accepting deposits. They're $2500 refundable
  • We know we will get the Supra models because "we sell our inventory quickly" :rolled my eyes here:
  • We aren't giving the number of people on the waiting list because "it's up to the manager's discretion"
  • The base model will have a $5k markup
  • The launch edition will have a $10k markup, and I've heard of other dealers charging a $20k markup
Most of this conversation I had rolled my eyes. I had to stop myself because I would of smacked into someone's rear bumper. But everything he said was speculation. Every time I had a follow up question, he would base it off of something irrelevant--i.e. I asked if he was certain their dealer would have the Supra, and his response was, "Well, we're good at moving our inventory, so we're pretty SURE we'll get them." It was like talking to a politician.

dvq

First Name
dvq
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3, BMW M4 ZCP
Dude, for shits and giggles, I called them up again yesterday on my way home. Different story! I spoke to a salesman, "Alejandro." He told me the following:

• We are accepting deposits. They're $2500 refundable
  • We know we will get the Supra models because "we sell our inventory quickly" :rolled my eyes here:
  • We aren't giving the number of people on the waiting list because "it's up to the manager's discretion"
  • The base model will have a $5k markup
  • The launch edition will have a $10k markup, and I've heard of other dealers charging a $20k markup
Most of this conversation I had rolled my eyes. I had to stop myself because I would of smacked into someone's rear bumper. But everything he said was speculation. Every time I had a follow up question, he would base it off of something irrelevant--i.e. I asked if he was certain their dealer would have the Supra, and his response was, "Well, we're good at moving our inventory, so we're pretty SURE we'll get them." It was like talking to a politician.
Yup, sounds like a whole lot of bullshit. I've never bought a new car from a dealership, but I hear the same stories all the time. I bought a Tesla last year -- and while the car and the service center model has plenty of issues to complain about -- buying a car from them was definitely not one of them. No dealing with dealerships or markup etc.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dealer told me that his boss had a meeting in Florida with Toyota execs last week and there is nothing he can do at the moment as far as securing or getting a down payment... Michigan dealer........

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
I personally was in one of the meetings for the Chicago region. First Supras will be the US in August, and we were told to expect them in the Midwest in September. We were not told to how many to expect past each dealers first one. So if any dealer in the Midwest says they will be getting a specific number they most likely are making that number up. We were told to keep track of each sold purchase order and they will do their best to match allocations to orders.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I personally was in one of the meetings for the Chicago region. First Supras will be the US in August, and we were told to expect them in the Midwest in September. We were not told to how many to expect past each dealers first one. So if any dealer in the Midwest says they will be getting a specific number they most likely are making that number up. We were told to keep track of each sold purchase order and they will do their best to match allocations to orders.
Thank you for this information. If you possess the information as to which dealers are possibly taking allocations in Midwest, more so Michigan, that would be great :bow:as I'm running around calling up dealers to get information as people in other regions seem to already have allocations done. I'm missing out on the action here :banghead:.

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
As far as I am aware no one in the nation has received an allocation yet. My best guess is the first allocation to the dealers won't happen until April/May or possibly June. Normally we get allocated vehicles 8 weeks before they arrive for non North American builds. Information to the dealers has been pretty scarce which is normal, just the excitement for the Supra is massively different then a Corolla or Camry (obviously). But like I said any one saying any thing for a fact on what they are getting is most likely BS. There may be some well connected dealers that have a very good idea but nothing is concrete yet.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Still no updates from Scott Clark. They haven't gotten any info, atleast they haven't told my salseman anything. Apparently one of the girls at the dealership told him to "just get the guy into an 86." Lol

nzer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Toyota 86, 2014 VW Golf R
Luckily here in New Zealand Toyota have introduced their Drive Happy Pricing. That means itā€™s a price set by Toyota and no dealers are allowed to mark up. Although cars are a lot more expensive here than in USA. The downside is no dealer can offer a discount either.

It also means if you decide you donā€™t like your new Toyota (any model) within 7 days or 500km you can return it for a full refund. They donā€™t get many returned as you can usually test drive but GR Supra orders now are of course sight unseen and with no chance of a test drive.

Iā€™ve paid a NZ$5k refundable deposit for hopefully a June/July delivery (but could be as late as Sept) down here. White with the red interior for me although can swap for grey if I prefer as dealer has ordered that as a demo.

nzer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
what;s the NZ pricing on the GR supra?
This is where I tell you the NZ pricing and everyone says that is ridiculous not realising we are at the bottom of the earth, in a very small market (35 GR Supra in the first 12 months expected to be sold).

Anyway, here goes. Pricing not confirmed but expected to be NZ$120k = US$83k.

Thatā€™s for the premium model as thatā€™s the only one Toyota NZ is bringing to NZ.

Could wait to import cheaper from Japan if you donā€™t mind the navigation and electronics being in Japanese and canā€™t import from USA or Europe as need to be RHD.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
This is where I tell you the NZ pricing and everyone says that is ridiculous not realising we are at the bottom of the earth, in a very small market (35 GR Supra in the first 12 months expected to be sold).

Anyway, here goes. Pricing not confirmed but expected to be NZ$120k = US$83k.

Thatā€™s for the premium model as thatā€™s the only one Toyota NZ is bringing to NZ.

Could wait to import cheaper from Japan if you donā€™t mind the navigation and electronics being in Japanese and canā€™t import from USA or Europe as need to be RHD.
I'm right next door mate, I'm fearful that the A90 will crack 100,000 AUD... which puts it in some pretty stiff, established competition

nzer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm right next door mate, I'm fearful that the A90 will crack 100,000 AUD... which puts it in some pretty stiff, established competition
Yep, just in airport on way back from Oz Gold Coast to NZ and read how Toyota Oz still hadnā€™t decided on pricing. Amazing it takes so long - this carā€™s not exactly been a surprise!

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99ā€™ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Put down a deposit yesterday. Dealer said I am 1 of 1 on their list and they will not be taking additional orders.

A friend of mine holds a high position at the dealership, he said that the Toyota execs just had a meeting and they were allocated 2 cars.

With that being said, the dealership had no idea which to cars they would be, but asked me to send them my preference of options/trim/color and that they would do their best to get it.

Also told at anytime my deposit is 100% refundable.

This is a MSRP dealership.

I wasnā€™t planning on getting the Supra, but when I found out the above details, I couldnā€™t say no.
Sponsored