U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

Discussion in 'Pricing, Ordering, Negotiating' started by kona61, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Supra60

Supra60 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
    Liked:
    Wow!! 50k over MSRP where do I sign? NOT! I feel exactly like you, I want this car but certainly don't need it. It is still only a car at the end of the day, but there will be some fool that has more money then brains that will pay it.

Half Vast likes this.
  2. arexniba

arexniba Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alex
    Car(s):
    BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
    Liked:
    I think he forgot to say "What price works for you?"

3. Ryanthetemp

Ryanthetemp Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Car(s):
    Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
    Liked:
    New Here, I just put down a refundable 1K deposit with Toyota of Fort Walton Beach here in Florida. Apparently I'm number #2 and the first guy has dibs on the launch edition they have confirmed they are getting. They've told us both that they will have a markup on launch and standard models.

linpaul likes this.
  4. dvq

dvq Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Car(s):
    Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3
    Liked:
    Hahaha, 50K markup. Did you ask her if they were running a charity auction for this car?

Psychodo likes this.
  5. 084runnerltd

084runnerltd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Car(s):
    08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Financial Advisor
    Garage Profiles:
    Are there numbers out for production of the non-launch edition?

My dealership couldn’t guarantee a launch version, but said that I will get the one they are receiving.

Just wondering if the non-launch models will depreciate like every new car? Or if they are going to keep production #s lower (hopefully)?

6. mines13

mines13 Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Car(s):
    '20 Tungsten Silver Premium
    Liked:
    I have been on the list at Longo at MSRP for about a month. I'm going with a 3.0 Premium with the Driver Assist Package in Tungsten Silver. I was informed I was the first for a Tungsten Silver car when I jumped on the list. I am working with the same salesman I purchased an Argento Silver FR-S from shortly after launch.

johnny_10196, Half Vast and JT like this.
  7. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    I've been on the Longo list for about a month now as well and they told me they are waiting for VIN allocations before they take color orders. -shrug-

084runnerltd likes this.
  8. RCOB

RCOB Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Car(s):
    2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2016 Mazda CX-5
    Liked:
    Put a deposit on mine from a dealership in Michigan. They have never charged a premium and won't with this car either. The regional Toyota rep was in the dealership when I was there. He said the launch edition inventory was going to be produced one color at a time but they were not told what order they would be produced. 500 of each color.

9. mines13

mines13 Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Car(s):
    '20 Tungsten Silver Premium
    Liked:
    It's actually sort of funny. They put me on the list as soon as they opened it, just on the assumption that I would take the car. When I confirmed I wanted it, I received an email to confirm my trim, color and if I wanted the Driver Assistance package. This was within a very short period of the car debuting at the autoshow. They did the same thing when I ordered my FR-S through them. YMMV

10. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    #145 Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Interesting.

I still am holding out for some different colors in the interior, as it will change my exterior color option. If I can only get red on the launch, then I will go for the launch. If I can only get non-launch red as partial on the alcantara, I'll pick up a regular car with nav and JBL.

But I have touched base with my sales rep at Longo and she again told me they are not yet taking orders for colors- just which trim level I wanted.

11. john_galt

john_galt Member

First Name:
    john
    Car(s):
    supra
    Liked:
    a bit dirty, fails to mention it was for charity. none the less, buyer should be aware

12. 084runnerltd

084runnerltd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jake
    Car(s):
    08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Financial Advisor
    Garage Profiles:

Dealers aren’t yet aware of the colors/options that they are getting for their launch cars?

Some dealers, mine included, asked for my preference, but it sounds like they won’t have a choice in what car(s) they get at launch.

Unless you are waiting for a non-launch car that will be ordered based on your preference...?

mines13 likes this.
  13. Guff

Guff Moderator

Car(s):
    FR-S, BRZ, Supra, Mini Cooper
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Okay, so here's some info about US allocations:

Dealers that are allocated Supras must also invest in updating their service centers with the tooling and equipment to service these cars. If they do not make that investment, then they forfeit their allocation. Thus, many small dealers are forgoing their allocations because it is not worth it for them. This may also play a role in encouraging dealers to charge markups in order to offset their own costs, which kind of sucks.

Additionally, Toyota's Chicago Sales Region (I don't know exactly how far this covers, but I'm assuming a fair bit of the Midwest) is allocated 350 Supras for this year. I'm guessing this means maybe another ~400 each for South, West, and Eastern regions (give or take) to make the 1499 total Launch Edition Cars that will be sold. I'm guessing also that the standard cars will not be delivered until early next year, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple hit US shores in December or so.

I'm going to ask some Toyota buddies to see if I can get more specific information about allocation and timeline, so I'll report back if I get any more info.

Jabba and BrettS like this.
  14. dvq

dvq Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Car(s):
    Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3
    Liked:
    I just heard the same thing :( I'm still not willing to pay above MSRP.

What tooling do they need? A 16mm instead of a 17mm socket? :) I gotchu dealers!

Psychodo and Guff like this.
  15. Guff

Guff Moderator

Car(s):
    FR-S, BRZ, Supra, Mini Cooper
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Idk, Security Torx or Double-Square sockets maybe? :crazy:

I imagine its mostly the BMW Scan Tools and various gizmos to interface with the electronics. On modern cars you can't even change the brake pads without a scan tool because you need to use the computer to retract the rear parking brake calipers in order to replace the pad. That's just the sad reality these days. :thumbsdown: