U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
As in Arlington, VA? That’s where I’m located (VA) and I was gonna check Arlington dealerships
I was referring to Arlington, Tx bud. So you may be good in your area. I'm just checking dealers I come across between home and when I go in the field for work.
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to Arlington, Tx bud. So you may be good in your area. I'm just checking dealers I come across between home and when I go in the field for work.
Have you checked at Longo Toyota in Prosper? It's not the same Longo as the one in LA, but perhaps they've got the same policy on selling cars at MSRP?

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked at Longo Toyota in Prosper? It's not the same Longo as the one in LA, but perhaps they've got the same policy on selling cars at MSRP?
I haven't, I'll try and get in touch with them and see what they say. I was tempted to run up to Plano, but I was already running behind, for being on the job site.

Psychodo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2012 BMW x5
Even at a 5 k markup I'm out, plenty of other cars available. I get a mark up on the limited editions but not for the other models.

kilpatrock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Subaru BRZ, 2018 BMW M240i
Spoke to AutoNation Toyota Weston in South Florida. Launch edition will go for approx $70k with dealer mark up ($15k).
I am from Jacksonville, FL area and I visited all of the Toyota dealer ships in town (qty:4) and asked them to give me a heads up if they receive any units (particularly red). No quotes received and some of the sales folks seemed unaware of the car's existence. I've never followed a new car this close and don't know what to expect. I am worried about dealer markups as I am like many in this thread and will probably walk in the face of that sort of activity as it feels like robbery, and I do understand the concept of supply and demand... There is also a dealership in Gainesville which is apparently taking GR Supra orders but I am skeptical there as well.

Will be following this thread like a hawk for news.

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I am starting to think that because the perceived performance vs. price, dealers will have to be careful with markups. I doubt anybody, including me, will be willing to pay much over sticker. I just do not think the car is worth anymore than its still admittedly large price tag.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am starting to think that because the perceived performance vs. price, dealers will have to be careful with markups. I doubt anybody, including me, will be willing to pay much over sticker. I just do not think the car is worth anymore than its still admittedly large price tag.
I mean, you can tell them, okay, I'll go get a Corvette or a nice Cayman optioned up if you want to screw me out of getting the car because you want some easy money. See if they budge. Likely not, but what are you going to do?

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, you can tell them, okay, I'll go get a Corvette or a nice Cayman optioned up if you want to screw me out of getting the car because you want some easy money. See if they budge. Likely not, but what are you going to do?
Proabably go buy a Type R if they do that. Maybe a GT350.

pikappa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 (not yet,...), Toyota Levin AE86 '87,Toyota MR2 AW11 '88, Toyota MR2 SW20 '95, Subaru Impreza Sti '07, Subaru WRX STI '15, Alfa Romeo 4C '16
Hi everyone,I'vejust confirmed an A90 Edition in Italy...
I'm 45, so I lived the golden age of the japanese sportscar (I have in my garage an Mr2 Aw11, Mr2 Sw20, Levin Ae86 and two STI)
I had the opputunity to drive on trackt he A80, and it's a wonderful car...but It's a car of about 25 years ago!
Now Toyota and bmw give us a chance to drive two wonderful and sporty cars, the z4 and the supra...
Every car maker now offers just SUV.
If there wasn't a partnership between Toyota and BMW I think that Z4 and Supra was axed...
Toyota has some Tp chassis and the 3.5 V6, but they are old and heavy...
So they aren't right for the new Supra...The B58 is an excellent angine...so what's the problem?
Even the Urus is an Audi, the Cayenne and Macan are VW...
Th 4c has the same engine of Giulietta...
About the fake vents: now every car has fake vents and RS or AMG has also fake exhaust...I don't like, but it's the modern age...
So: What's wrong with the new Supra?
In my opinion is a wonderful sportscar with exciting performance...
I think that most of the haters know the Supra just for F&F or Gt and Forza...

OP
OP
kona61

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly jsut names in the same price market or performance to show, you are cross shopping and won't bend
Yea could say I'm cross-shopping. However, in my experience, dealers will rarely totally remove a markup, and any markup is too much for me to be willing to pay. So what I am saying is if they give me that spiel, I will just walk away from our current deal and go buy something else.

john_galt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
what were the markups for the mkiv when they were first out?

factsaboutrats

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LX570 2014 LandSmasher
Yea could say I'm cross-shopping. However, in my experience, dealers will rarely totally remove a markup, and any markup is too much for me to be willing to pay. So what I am saying is if they give me that spiel, I will just walk away from our current deal and go buy something else.
It looks like if you want the first one off the truck, there's going to be a mark up. The market is demanding that right now.

Wait a year from the first delivery, or maybe only six months.
Sponsored