UK - Pricing and Availability Details

UK floor price - New Supra - Whats your Expectation?

• Total voters

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I also looked at the competition in the price bracket. However, I plan to daily this car if I buy it and none of the competition seem to be good DDs. Reliability and maintenance cost are an important consideration for me. Toyota has a history of reliability I can count on despite the BMW engine.

I like the styling of the new Supra. I like the increasingly rare i6. I like Toyota Motor Corp. For me, the competition for the Supra is not another sports car but rather a more practical SUV or hybrid.

I considered the M vehicles as well. I have no problem with BMW. I like their offerings. However, they charge way too much for labor and basic maintenance. They also have a history of really annoying, potentially catastrophic, build quality deficiencies.

Last edited:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also looked at the competition in the price bracket. However, I plan to daily this car if I buy it and none of the competition seem to be good DDs. Reliability and maintenance cost are an important consideration for me. Toyota has a history of reliability I can count on despite the BMW engine.

I like the styling of the new Supra. I like the increasingly rare i6. I like Toyota Motor Corp. For me, the competition for the Supra is not another sports car but rather a more practical SUV or hybrid.

I considered the M vehicles as well. I have no problem with BMW. I like their offerings. However, they charge way too much for labor and basic maintenance. They also have a history of really annoying, potentially catastrophic, build quality deficiencies.
That's when BMW Corp asked,

How can we charge more on a car that isn't made for reliability?

That's when god said,

Let there be Vanos

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/toyota-supra-2019-preis-motor-kooperation-mit-bmw-5259623.html

The new Toyota will be more expensive than the GT86. That said the European development boss Gerald Killmann opposite the Dutch car magazine AutoRai . According to Killmann the GT86 remains the affordable sports car of the brand, the performance model Supra is to classify it in terms of price. Currently, a Toyota GT86 costs at least 30,000 euros. How To Cars expects that the prices for the Supra will start at 40,000 euros. One reason: The sports car gets a six-cylinder from BMW with over 450 hp.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
Hello there guys,

I'm not sure how many people are from the UK on this forum. But for those who are, what do you guys think the pricing will be for us in the UK? If it's anything to go by direct comparison with the low $40k mark that the US is expecting, then it should be great.. However, with the Toyota GT86 currently priced within the low 30's for the top spec GT86 club series, I don't think that this will be the case for us..

What are you guys willing to pay for a car like a Supra?

For comparison, the Porsche 718 Cayman starts at £46,000 but is in poverty spec..

Thanks

outofstep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK3 Supra, MK4 Supra, 650S, BMW 335I, XRunner

This car is being built with BMW parts, using BMW manufacturing processes, at a BMW plant.

No, you are not getting any shred of Toyota reliability.

This car is going to DESTROY Toyotas reliability reputation.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
This car is being built with BMW parts, using BMW manufacturing processes, at a BMW plant.

No, you are not getting any shred of Toyota reliability.

This car is going to DESTROY Toyotas reliability reputation.
I 100% agree, labor and parts cost will match bmw. Because it’s all bmw...

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
I got a bit carried away and put my deposit down on a car i hadnt really paid much attention to. Post deposit, have read a few reviews and am very excited!

Was a choice between this, the M2 Competition or a new cayman.

Looking forward to the promised events etc in the build up to launch, and receiving my car next September.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
I got a bit carried away and put my deposit down on a car i hadnt really paid much attention to. Post deposit, have read a few reviews and am very excited!

Was a choice between this, the M2 Competition or a new cayman.

Looking forward to the promised events etc in the build up to launch, and receiving my car next September.
I am very tempted to but nope I havent and don’t think i will tbh. I’ll just wait it out.

But congratulations pal, I hope you enjoy your motor when it arrives!