wait for 2022 or get a 2021?

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
So you assume that I’m a peasant who works at a supermarket so I have nothing to lose or something lol? I don’t street race either. Me and other Supra drivers rent out a drag strip when we want to have fun. My local shop has at least 4 GTRS, corvettes, Cadillac’s and 911 turbos with over 1000hp each. It’s nothing new to me. I considered the RS3 in my choices for a sports car as well as the LC 500 and 911 as well. LC 500 is too slow for what you pay for and modifications are limited. 911 has no personality especially the exhaust. I did not get an RS3 instead of Supra because the RS3 looks like an a3 and doesn’t elicit the kind of emotions that the Supra does especially in the ultra limited refraction color. RS3 five cylinder turbo is unique but body style is too common and cramped as well as manual driver seat adjustment(foolish for a 60k car). This was an emotional purchase for me and my 4th car currently. The Supra is in no way practical and serves zero logical purpose for any person especially people who have multiple other vehicles. If you’re worried about warranty, you bought the wrong car. 3 year/36k mile basic and 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty won’t save you from the plastic fantastic engine from bmw. I’m swapping out the plastic parts for metal ones that the vast Supra aftermarket has to offer. I don’t care about AWD because of McLaren had the same mindset as you, they wouldn’t exist today. Traction limits are not going to stop me from building my motor and entire drivetrain. It’s called ambition. Some people have it. Others don’t. Some take the easy way out. Others like the challenge in front of them. GT-R has no place in my driveway. It’s old, looks bland and very common now. Whatever traction it may have, it lacks in looks and interior. You buy a sports car for emotion and it’s performance capabilities, not warranty and AWD. Like I said to the troll Axix23, don’t be upset when a tuned Supra takes you for a ride to gapplebees. The potential is there but the driver is the handicap.
We just want different things from our Supra . Nothing wrong with that, but I won't keep the car past 5/60K miles. I doubt I will keep it after 3 years. I got a great deal on my GT350 and SS1LE so I sold them with the current market and grabbed the Supra because I got a good deal on it and I enjoy the car for my purposes. I really wanted a GT4 but the market is nuts and there were very few and I refused to pay over MSRP. So grabbed hte Supra for now. I have a deposit on a C8 Z06 but realistically won't get it until model year 2023. And if the markups are still crazy I will sell it since I am paying MSRP.

I live in rural New England with tons of backroads. I do 4-6 track days a year (sometimes more, sometimes less) and I tend to do more suspension mods than power mods because power mods don't do much for me and my driving style. I bought the Supra because I like the size, and power to weight ratio, but really liked the handling and styling. It has a great balance of comfort and luxury for me. Most of my mods will be for either aesthetic purposes or things like suspension/handling. I don't drag race at the track or on the street. I really don't care if some douche at a stop light wants to take me to gapplebees. I guess I am comfortable in my manhood. In the past 5 years I can maybe count on one hand the number of times people tried to race me in any of my sports cars. Maybe it's because I either ignore it or don't pay attention.
Sponsored

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
The 2022 is up on Toyota Canada's website at https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicles/supra/overview.

There are no changes from 2021, except there's no blue for 2022, and the price is up $130 (from $67,690 to $67,820 CAD). No mention of Android Auto, unlike what Toyota Europe claimed in their press release for the Jarama Racetrack Edition.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I live in rural New England with tons of backroads. I do 4-6 track days a year (sometimes more, sometimes less) and I tend to do more suspension mods than power mods because power mods don't do much for me and my driving style. I bought the Supra because I like the size, and power to weight ratio, but really liked the handling and styling. It has a great balance of comfort and luxury for me. Most of my mods will be for either aesthetic purposes or things like suspension/handling. I don't drag race at the track or on the street. I really don't care if some douche at a stop light wants to take me to gapplebees. I guess I am comfortable in my manhood. In the past 5 years I can maybe count on one hand the number of times people tried to race me in any of my sports cars. Maybe it's because I either ignore it or don't pay attention.
Well Said!!!!!!

Once I took mine on the two lane back road, what it does stoplight to stoplight is totally irrelevant. I personally don't have a problem with tuning and I may even try a jb4 just for sh!ts and g!ggles but driving the twisties is where this car excels!!!

On topic. Either way you go, 2021 or '22, tuning options are limited and technically, there is no difference between the model yrs. Only benefit at this point is trying to snatch the best deal.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
We just want different things from our Supra . Nothing wrong with that, but I won't keep the car past 5/60K miles. I doubt I will keep it after 3 years. I got a great deal on my GT350 and SS1LE so I sold them with the current market and grabbed the Supra because I got a good deal on it and I enjoy the car for my purposes. I really wanted a GT4 but the market is nuts and there were very few and I refused to pay over MSRP. So grabbed hte Supra for now. I have a deposit on a C8 Z06 but realistically won't get it until model year 2023. And if the markups are still crazy I will sell it since I am paying MSRP.

I live in rural New England with tons of backroads. I do 4-6 track days a year (sometimes more, sometimes less) and I tend to do more suspension mods than power mods because power modsW don't do much for me and my driving style. I bought the Supra because I like the size, and power to weight ratio, but really liked the handling and styling. It has a great balance of comfort and luxury for me. Most of my mods will be for either aesthetic purposes or things like suspension/handling. I don't drag race at the track or on the street. I really don't care if some douche at a stop light wants to take me to gapplebees. I guess I am comfortable in my manhood. In the past 5 years I can maybe count on one hand the number of times people tried to race me in any of my sports cars. Maybe it's because I either ignore it or don't pay attention.
What dealer did you order your c8 from? I can't find any dealers in CA that will do MSRP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
What dealer did you order your c8 from? I can't find any dealers in CA that will do MSRP
MacMulkin. MSRP no dealer fees. There are others that charge MSRP. Kerbeck and Macmulkin are the largest Corvette dealers in the country and both charge MSRP so you may want to try Kerbeck too. Paul Masse is another one that charges MSRP and their line might be shorter.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Make this quick since the thread is about something totally different.......MSRP is the least of your worries.....how long you can go without your deposit will be the main question. My company produces several of the interior finish parts for the C8 and our QC makes regular trips to the plant. Lot of "crickets" making noise down there and not many 'vettes rolling out the door. Production is picking up but primary focus is catching up back-orders......those do not include the Z06.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
It's now August. I think any significant changes would've leaked by now.

Other than the limited-edition A91-CF, "the [2022] Supra gains standard heated seats in 3.0 models, a new red interior scheme for the 3.0 Premium, and full-screen Apple CarPlay for those equipped with the optional JBL stereo system."

I say find the best deal you can right now between the 2020 and 2021 until the industry production levels revitalize.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
It's now August. I think any significant changes would've leaked by now.

Other than the limited-edition A91-CF, "the [2022] Supra gains standard heated seats in 3.0 models, a new red interior scheme for the 3.0 Premium, and full-screen Apple CarPlay for those equipped with the optional JBL stereo system."

I say find the best deal you can right now between the 2020 and 2021 until the industry production levels revitalize.
I thought the red interior scheme was only for the A91-CF edition? Are we sure its available on the 3.0 premiums in 2022?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I thought the red interior scheme was only for the A91-CF edition? Are we sure its available on the 3.0 premiums in 2022?
Same here. I took the direct quote from Car and Driver. :dunno:

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/supra

"The A91-CF Edition is offered in three exterior colors: Phantom (matte gray), Absolute Zero White, and Nitro Yellow. Elsewhere, the Supra gains standard heated seats in 3.0 models, a new red interior scheme for the 3.0 Premium, and full-screen Apple CarPlay for those equipped with the optional JBL stereo system."

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Same here. I took the direct quote from Car and Driver. :dunno:

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/supra

"The A91-CF Edition is offered in three exterior colors: Phantom (matte gray), Absolute Zero White, and Nitro Yellow. Elsewhere, the Supra gains standard heated seats in 3.0 models, a new red interior scheme for the 3.0 Premium, and full-screen Apple CarPlay for those equipped with the optional JBL stereo system."
Interesting. Just read a similar quote on Motortrend.

The a91-CF gets a red& black seat and steering wheel. The 3.0 gets full red leather seats & 2 tone steering wheel.

The article I just read made it seem like red seats will be replacing the black in 2022 3.0's... which I can't imagine is the case.