Watch Live Unveiling of All-new 2020 Toyota Supra in Detroit

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
@A70TTR and @PerformanceSound , since this car launched as the Toyota "GR" Supra in the states....there's still a chance for the GRMN right? :dunno: Aside everything else goes well (No TRD version :hmm: ).
Sponsored

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Wow like finally! I was driving back from work had to stop in the highway to watch it lol.

Akio looked super pumped in the announcement we need more "lit" CEOs like him LOL!

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
God I hate this English ginger ape ....:puke:

But the car looks nice especially with the black wheels

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Nothing new though :dunno::)
He even implied that; with the "worst kept secret" part.

I felt the whole thing was to emphasize the fact that GazooRacing developed the car. To shut up all the brand wh***s moaning about the bmw thing. Now i see why they are calling it "GR" supra and not just supra.

And that silver one intro ...daaaayum.... i was like WOHAAA!

Now ... where is my manual 431HP GRMN

Last edited:

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
He even implied that; with the "worst kept secret" part.

I felt the whole thing was to emphasize the fact that GazooRacing developed the car. To shut up all the brand wh***s moaning about the bmw thing. Now i see what they are calling it "GR" supra and not just supra.

And that silver one intro ...daaaayum.... i was like WOHAAA!

Now ... where is my manual 431WHP GRMN
Fixed it

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
@A70TTR and @PerformanceSound , since this car launched as the Toyota "GR" Supra in the states....there's still a chance for the GRMN right? :dunno: Aside everything else goes well (No TRD version :hmm: ).
That is my understanding, and that is the only Supra I am buying. No GRMN, no Supra for me.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
I like how they went to produce a short video to introduce the specs of the car, but got the terms incorrect. Suspension dampens not "dampening". =)

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Yes, that alone is a huge shift and shows Akio and crew didn't give a damn about the objections and TRD USA lol. Pretty exciting if this is a glimpse into the future.

nougatti

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 IS200 SportCross, 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2012 Prius Plug-in
Dear Lord, this was a cringe-fest if anything. The CGI in the intro video, Akio struggling to get out of the car (not used to BMW?), struggling to get applause, struggling to speak a language he is more than proficient at understanding and most likely writing, Bratwurst, "LIT", the "joking" with Alonso, and the non-applause again. My highlight was seeing the silver car.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
That kind of stuff is pretty much standard for these big public reveal things when the CEOs and such take the stage.

I enjoyed the big reveal, just wish I had remembered to get up an hour earlier and watch it live and that I hadn't seen the Supra reveal video a million times already. Thanks alot Mexico! lol

Soupraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Lexus RC F | 2017 Lexus IS300 F Sport| 2006 Tundra Double Cab Limited |2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
struggling to get applause,
My thought on the lack of applause is... This was a pre-show press reveal. Therefore, many of the folks in that audience had devices in their hands and were recording the presentation. It would be hard to show your enthusiasm without ruining your recording or missing a potential photo opportunity.

:pickme:
Sponsored