What o2 extender works?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Any EE degree folks want to try this out and make a kit that fits between the connections on the top of the engine?

Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That's basically how it works even without a defouler. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. So basically it's not working the same as not having them wouldn't work to prevent a CEL. lol
I'll let y'all know (and @kaj) if/when mine goes out or bad...

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That's basically how it works even without a defouler. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. So basically it's not working the same as not having them wouldn't work to prevent a CEL. lol
Then my results are all over. Without the anti-fouler, I got a CEL almost right away for the cat not working. I then put a 90* spacer on, with an element in it, and got a CEL for low voltage to the O2 sensor. Both were predicable. With that spacer on, in different configurations, I kept getting one of those two codes. Once I went to the anti-fouler, I started getting the weird codes, spaced really far apart. So far, so good.... but I expect one of the codes to come back.
I fully expect to end up putting the stock DP back on.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered it too. It’s supposed to come this week. How many miles with it in, FL?
Only about 100 miles and no tracking yet. But I feel pretty good about it 😅. I thought my really picky mechanic was going to give me a hard time and I was shocked to find out he's seen many of these things before 😳 and really liked this one 🤷‍♂️. He was studying it and simply said it should work w/out problems... I was like, ummmmm... okay.... Then he went on about my "offset" with camber plates and an adjustable control arm, lol. Plus, I'm a big fan of @NitroYellowMKV. He hasn't steered me wrong yet (his knowledge and buying stuff from him, so yeah, there's that too). :)

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Only about 100 miles and no tracking yet. But I feel pretty good about it 😅. I thought my really picky mechanic was going to give me a hard time and I was shocked to find out he's seen many of these things before 😳 and really liked this one 🤷‍♂️. He was studying it and simply said it should work w/out problems... I was like, ummmmm... okay.... Then he went on about my "offset" with camber plates and an adjustable control arm, lol. Plus, I'm a big fan of @NitroYellowMKV. He hasn't steered me wrong yet (his knowledge and buying stuff from him, so yeah, there's that too). :)
I have just as much invested in this as you haha, I need it to work cause thats what going on my 23 till it is unlocked LOL. fingers crossed.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I know it's only been a week or so, but any word on if these Big Daddies Garage parts are (still) working? About to buy a catless downpipe and was going to go with this part to lessen the chance of a CEL on my untunable '21 until I'm able to lay down on a tune on it. I figure @FLtrackdays was able to drive the car a bunch through the hurricane.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know it's only been a week or so, but any word on if these Big Daddies Garage parts are (still) working? About to buy a catless downpipe and was going to go with this part to lessen the chance of a CEL on my untunable '21 until I'm able to lay down on a tune on it. I figure @FLtrackdays was able to drive the car a bunch through the hurricane.
Hey pal 👋🏼

Unfortunately my car is still jacked up in the shop. I haven’t been able to test it further at all. My awesome mechanic is without water but just got power back. And he’s got a baby girl and wife. So I haven’t been bugging him on the progress or when I’ll get my car back. He told me it was safe last week. Sounds blasphemous on a car forum not to be more determined to get her back, but we’re all happy to be alive and able to help each other right now.

I will say, I never really cared that much if a light comes on in my car from something I know what it’s from and I have a code reader to find the real ”faults”. So with that in mind, this cheap mini cat O2 sensor was more of an afterthought. I doubt I would rely on it solely if I lived in a State (or Country) that has emission tests or stringent fines. With that in mind, question for you. Is there any worries or problems with having the O2 sensor light on? Like not able to use the car’s menu to check the oil or other functions? 🤷‍♂️

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Hey pal 👋🏼

Unfortunately my car is still jacked up in the shop. I haven’t been able to test it further at all. My awesome mechanic is without water but just got power back. And he’s got a baby girl and wife. So I haven’t been bugging him on the progress or when I’ll get my car back. He told me it was safe last week. Sounds blasphemous on a car forum not to be more determined to get her back, but we’re all happy to be alive and able to help each other right now.

I will say, I never really cared that much if a light comes on in my car from something I know what it’s from and I have a code reader to find the real ”faults”. So with that in mind, this cheap mini cat O2 sensor was more of an afterthought. I doubt I would rely on it solely if I lived in a State (or Country) that has emission tests or stringent fines. With that in mind, question for you. Is there any worries or problems with having the O2 sensor light on? Like not able to use the car’s menu to check the oil or other functions? 🤷‍♂️
Did you go with the straight or 90?

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I REALLY want to know which solution is working for people. Straight or 90* spacers? Fabspeed or other brand mini-cat simulators? My last resort would be to buy the Armytrix pipe w/simulator, but that's a big price swing to get rid of a MIL.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I REALLY want to know which solution is working for people. Straight or 90* spacers? Fabspeed or other brand mini-cat simulators? My last resort would be to buy the Armytrix pipe w/simulator, but that's a big price swing to get rid of a MIL.
I'm using a spark plug anti fouler. I have a catted down pipe. I get check engine lights for 02 voltage approximately every other week. That's the best I've been able to do without spending four figures on a downpipe that will work for I assume as long as I would need it.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey pal 👋🏼

Right on, man. I hear ya about the check engine light. Doesn't bother me either, but from what I've read here, it does have a material impact on the engine in some capacity. For example, people with fault codes thrown and check engine lights have reported the exhaust burble going away until cleared. Now I don't care about the burble enough to not do it, but I don't think there really been anyone that's looked into if other adjustments are made due to the fault codes. But maybe I'm wrong and someone will tell us here in response to this post.

Glad you all are staying safe. Not having the car is a small price to pay.

Last edited:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm still clearing my heater circuit CEL approx once every two weeks. Seems to do better when I let the car warm up all the way. Don't know why
Sponsored