What o2 extender works?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I can't stand seeing CELs. It makes me think of all the Hondas running around my town that are driving with CELs and held together with duct tape LOL. Also, I don't want to have something be wrong with the car and I not know until I think to re-check the codes. I put my OEM DP back on. Yeah.. It's more heat on the car, but at least I'll know if something goes wrong :(
Bummer, because it sounded better with the DP.
Why not run a GESI catted downpipe?
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Why not run a GESI catted downpipe?
I could look into it. I have a catted DP now that disappointed me. I'm sure I looked up the GESI part... Not sure why I decided against it. Maybe price....?

M340i

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 M340i
Hey what's up guys. I'm join this forum specifically for this issue. Came over from bimmerpost. Anyways, I just got my 2023 M340i last month. I'm still up in the air about the DP, but there is a dude that swears he can remove the code remotely. I'm aware the2023s are locked, but he said he could do it. Who wants to be the guinea pig? I'll post the links if there's interest here.

xektrum

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0T
Gen 1 B58s have had great luck using this (including myself). For the price, it doesn't hurt to try and if it works on Gen 2 as well, the word can spread and people can enjoy their downpipes without a CEL :D
O2 Spacer That Works! (bimmerpost.com)
Just wanted to give feedback that these cheap AliExpress spacers do actually work. In not so hot weather some people (like me) run into the o2 sensor heating after catalytic circuit resistance too high code , I ended up troubleshooting it to be that, with the spacer, the sensor was taking too long to heat up to operating temperature thus triggering the computer into thinking the heating element was not working. Wrapping the sensor with aluminum wrap so that it would work as a heating conductor with the wall of the spacer made the trick, no more code and with a total cost under $10

armenh7

First Name
Armen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turbo E46
Just wanted to give feedback that these cheap AliExpress spacers do actually work. In not so hot weather some people (like me) run into the o2 sensor heating after catalytic circuit resistance too high code , I ended up troubleshooting it to be that, with the spacer, the sensor was taking too long to heat up to operating temperature thus triggering the computer into thinking the heating element was not working. Wrapping the sensor with aluminum wrap so that it would work as a heating conductor with the wall of the spacer made the trick, no more code and with a total cost under $10
Oh wow, great discovery. Are you using the spacer I linked?

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Wrapping the sensor with aluminum wrap so that it would work as a heating conductor with the wall of the spacer made the trick, no more code and with a total cost under $10
A little more Clarity please, since the details matter. Did you use kitchen aluminum foil like Reynolds wrap? Or something like a spark plug boot protector?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny