BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, these extenders just don't work, I had the CEL come on even after installing big daddies extender, piece of $&#t, and I decided to remove it today and found the whole cat material gone, with only 3000 miles on it, on stock turbo, these ghetto parts definatley can't take boost.

Stick with a flash to override the CEL or just keep deleting the code when it pops like I do through the JB4.

Screenshot_20200423_195628.jpg

IMG_20200423_195612.jpg
What is going on in the picture? What are those gunks?
Sponsored

absaifan

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv Supra, MKIV 2jz-gte, Q7, FJ Cruiser
What is going on in the picture? What are those gunks?
There used to be a mini cat honeycomb imbedded in that area that takes care of the CEL, it just dissintegrated it self .

o2-cat-cutaway-closeup.gif

how-mini-cat-works.gif

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Bumping up for a year later!

Curious if anyone got to the bottom of this or if we've all resorted to: 1) tune, 2) deleting the code every 5 min manually, or 3) buying a significantly overpriced piece of piping with a built in mini cat?

Lol *nervous laughter* -_-

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Bumping up for a year later!

Curious if anyone got to the bottom of this or if we've all resorted to: 1) tune, 2) deleting the code every 5 min manually, or 3) buying a significantly overpriced piece of piping with a built in mini cat?

Lol *nervous laughter* -_-

I have tried four different spacers, with and without the "catalytic converter" materials, on 90° and straight. I either get a CEL for being too lean, heater circuit failure, or for a cat that's not working.
I can't find the happy medium. So. I'm sticking with heater circuit failure, as it seems the lesser of three evils 😂

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I have tried four different spacers, with and without the "catalytic converter" materials, on 90° and straight. I either get a CEL for being too lean, heater circuit failure, or for a cat that's not working.
I can't find the happy medium. So. I'm sticking with heater circuit failure, as it seems the lesser of three evils 😂
Fair. I'm currently on the FI downpipe with a CEL canceller that doesn't work. I'm also tuned in BM3 and that shit doesn't work to code out the CEL so idfk lol

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out why we would get a fault for the heater circuit.
I have literally left O2 sensors dangling from the bottom of a car temporarily and never got that type of code. Has anyone checked their O2 sensor to see if it was damaged by installing it into the anti fowler?
I can't see how having it in or out of the exhaust stream would affect the heater circuit.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So far 99% have worked, my first Cel yesterday on an m440 but I think it’s install related cause the code is for a short on the 02 sensor not the cat p0420 code

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have a basic anti-fouler, with no element in it, that I got from Autozone. The sensor hit the bottom of the fouler, so I had to add a spacer and two crush washers.
The first time I drove the car, I got a CEL for the heater circuit. Weird. I reset and didn't get it for about 200 miles. After that, I got another weird code for "malfunctioning O2 sensor" or something like that. Reset again. Knocking on wood, but I drove the rest of the way to LA, around town, then home with no CEL. I have a VSRF catted DP.
I'm trying to figure out what triggers the CEL. It seems random. I'm going to pay closer attention to how long I let the car warm up, how hard I drive it, etc.

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I have a basic anti-fouler, with no element in it, that I got from Autozone. The sensor hit the bottom of the fouler, so I had to add a spacer and two crush washers.
The first time I drove the car, I got a CEL for the heater circuit. Weird. I reset and didn't get it for about 200 miles. After that, I got another weird code for "malfunctioning O2 sensor" or something like that. Rest again. Knocking on wood, but I drove the rest of the way to LA, around town, then home with no CEL. I have a VSRF catted DP.
I'm trying to figure out what triggers the CEL. It seems random. I'm going to pay closer attention to how long I let the car warm up, how hard I drive it, etc.
thats weird the exact same code I got on this m440, thinking it is install related cause it is not a p0420 code

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
thats weird the exact same code I got on this m440, thinking it is install related cause it is not a p0420 code
I can't remember what the second code was. It's a permanent one, so I'll check next time I'm near the car.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
The first time I drove the car, I got a CEL for the heater circuit. Weird. I reset and didn't get it for about 200 miles. After that, I got another weird code for "malfunctioning O2 sensor" or something like that. Reset again. Knocking on wood, but I drove the rest of the way to LA, around town, then home with no CEL. I have a VSRF catted DP.
That's basically how it works even without a defouler. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. So basically it's not working the same as not having them wouldn't work to prevent a CEL. lol
Sponsored