What will be the first mods to your MkV Supra?

What will be the first mods to your MkV Supra?

• Total voters

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the following happening.. car will sell poorly. Toyota will not invest further to make any track oriented or high power variant. They have never done this before and more likely wonā€™t do it anymore.

If a manual is available Iā€™d buy it.. mods will be similar what one would do to a M3/4. I think Iā€™ll be happy with a 450-500whp car after modding it given that itā€™ll weigh sub 3k lbs (wishful thinking).

justinco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
btr.life
Car(s)
2022 GR86 | 1994 BMW 325is
Vehicle Showcase
I am having ultra premature mod' bug brainstorming for my potential MkV Supra and was just thinking about what mods I would do first. I think for me, it would be wheels/tires/suspension if I had to choose 3 (poll allows top 3 first upgrades). Although I would probably enjoy it stock for a while first.

What would you guys do? Any reasoning why some mod over another? I know this isn't an exhaustive list but should cover most "first" mods, I think haha.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
I am having ultra premature mod' bug brainstorming for my potential MkV Supra and was just thinking about what mods I would do first. I think for me, it would be wheels/tires/suspension if I had to choose 3 (poll allows top 3 first upgrades). Although I would probably enjoy it stock for a while first.

What would you guys do? Any reasoning why some mod over another? I know this isn't an exhaustive list but should cover most "first" mods, I think haha.

Why would anyone want to fit a 2jz on a brand new car thatā€™s not a shop? Just wondering lol.

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Shut down the fake active engine/exhaust sound whatever it is, shut down the farts, lower the suspension, change wheels, take off the splitters cus I don't like it, and then actual exhaust mod, imma also make the interior look better, prolly gon take chiron, ft1 and db11 as inspiration for it. Close up the bottom headlights extension so the headlights look as similar as it could to a80. Don't wanna go too crazy cus imma imma daily drive it. Maybe ecu, intake, but turbo and engine mods are for later when I have another car cus I won't spend little digits on em engine and turbo, ima go all out. Maybe also go to top secret/west coast customs/diy/wtv, wanna make the back end bigger, I notice a90 has a front end a little too fat and big for the rear that it has, also custom front bumper inspired by a80/f40 but sleeker and sharper, following a90's design language, flatten the bubble roof cus I think it makes a90 look funny and tall and just, blech. Oh, and jaguar/gtr door handle.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why would anyone want to fit a 2jz on a brand new car thatā€™s not a shop? Just wondering lol.
Very simple even if the new engine is powerful it has a compression ratio of 11 visibly.
The 2JZ has a compression ratio of 8.5.
So to be simple if you want a car has more than 700hp so take a block that will not explode when you increase the bost of the turbo:popcorn:

Last edited:

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Very simple even if the new engine is powerful it has a compression ratio of 11 visibly.
The 2JZ has a compression ratio of 8.5.
So to be simple if you want a car has more than 700hp so take a block that will not explode when you increase the bost of the turbo:popcorn:

Yes, I understand all that, but I am willing to bet not many will do that on a brand new car with warranty unless itā€™s a shop/project car. That was what I was implying

Even if bought used, years down the line I personally still wouldnā€™t do it, power isnā€™t everything to me, Iā€™m more into balance and driving, steering cars, etc...

Itā€™ll be interesting to see though what shops and others do if they are seeking 1000 hp cars.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

This is not a premature post.
We have all the numbers of pieces here
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=DB43-USA---J29-BMW-Supra 40i&diagId=11_7910
We can order the pieces here
https://handler.lv/en/Search?code=11657934332
So we can make the changes from a car that is not even out.
While working on some parts. Decata Y pipe air filter ....
Sponsored